MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books?

+7
Greek_Geek
percyjackson101
tinkerirock
Bookworm
athenachick
PJO-geek
Posidonsdaughter
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Empty Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books?

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:16 am

According to the article at this website:, http:www.ReelcChannel.com/movie-news/5619/re-imaging-percy-jackson-as-holden-caulfield-from-catcher-in-the-rye , the screenwriter of the LT movie says many upsetting things for fans regarding the movie. He claims the ages of characters in LT were 9 yrs old, used lame humor like "seedweed brain", and were just running around and playing. He and Chris Columbus both agreed to make the characters like 17 so they could do "real life" things. He wanted the movie to push the envelope on the PG-13 envelope, but laments they had to pear it back to PG, due to the ages of the fans. He also goes on to say that older characters could be developed better, borrow from other books, and make their actions more believeable --- mature!
I've known for sometime that the movie was going to be different from the book. However, I had no idea they gave a flying leap for fans, and went out to get a larger and older audience. Harry potter was written for a younger audience and somehow was beloved by adults as well. The same goes for Rick Riordan's works, but they didn't trust in the series that has been on the NY Times best sellers list for over 130 weeks, and second only to the Harry Potter books.
PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE AND GIVE ME YOUR IMPUT!
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Empty Re: Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books?

Post by PJO-geek Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:05 pm

Sorry if you're on here Craig...

HOW STUPID IS THIS GUY???? The movie's going to be a total disaster. Since when is Percy 9? Cute and Cuddly? 9 year olds on the run and having fun? What the crap!!!! Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_evil Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_evil Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_evil Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_evil

(excuse me for my kinda foul language.)
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 749
Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Back to top Go down

Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Empty Re: Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books?

Post by athenachick Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:25 pm

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!
this guy MUST READ THE FRICKIN BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HES A DISGRACE FOR ALL PJO LOVERS!!!!! (sorry bout that one part...)
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 593
Location : Camp Half-Blood, Athena Cabin (summer) Pittsburgh, PA (all other times)!!!!!!!
Humor : TAYLOR THE LATTE BOY!!!! go on youtube and listen to it!!!!!! (:
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:34 pm

aparently, he had read the books. super stupid, right? Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_eek
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bookworm Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:26 am

WOW. He kinda just admitted he ruined the movie. Haha. Yeah...I mean, how can Annabeth NOT call Percy Seaweed Brain?? It's just not possible!!!
Bookworm
Bookworm
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Morpheus
Female Number of posts : 93
Humor : defenestration- to throw someone or something out of a window
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:49 pm

lol i agree, how can he think that the main charecters are 9!! urgh, i hope that they make sea of monsters good....
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:38 pm

after i saw that hydra clip.. i thought they were going to make PJO like harry potter- ruin the whole series and just add whatever effects they can get their hands on and put it into the movie!! the hydra clip convinnced me that this movie will have a "harry potter" touch to it, if you guys kno what i mean... Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_evil Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_evil Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_exclaim
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by athenachick Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:34 pm

um, i hate to break it to u, but i love the HP movies and the books..... so i believe the PJO movie will be awesome!!
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Location : Camp Half-Blood, Athena Cabin (summer) Pittsburgh, PA (all other times)!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:57 pm

I guess HP was ok, but PJO really needs it's own twist to it to make it to the next film, if it does. Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_sad and the whole "Seaweed Brain" and "Wise Girl" is like their nicknames for each other, and it makes their romance a lot cuter. a lot of people who feel something for each other have cute nicknames for each other. well, I mean PJO isn't cute, but... oh, you know what I mean!!! and where'd he get 9 years old from? This guy is out of his mind. And did you notice that he's talking like a teen, with all the like's and other lame speech patterns. (no offense to anyone.) Here's a few: "The protagonists in the books were like nine years old and they would hurl insults like 'You Seaweed Brain."
"Once that happened the adaption sort of all fell into place. Then things that needed to change were like you needed to up the intensity of the action scenes which in the book were kind of cute and silly at times."
What the heck? What is wrong with this guy? Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_neutral Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_question
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Empty Awesome movie, yes, but will we lose our real characters in the process?

Post by Posidonsdaughter Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:06 am

Everything I have seen about this movie shows it will be awesome in its CG and special effects. But where will be Rick's story and the characters we have loved through 5 books? I am very confident that this movie will be a big success. And for that I will be grateful in hopes that SOM will also reach the screen. However, where are these guys integrity in bringing a book to the screen. I love HP as well. I've read and own all the books and own all the movies. That doesn't mean that I thought they did a poor job with bringing books 5 and 6 to the screen. I love those movies anyway, because it is the only rendition of the books we have. My family went to St. Louis last summer so we could go up the Archway. Now they have done away with it. I live just north of. NYC on the Hudson River. At night I can see the GWB and the Empire State Building all lit up, just 20 miles down the river. AT the rate they are going, if we make it to see LAST OLYMPIAN on the screen, they will probably have the action happening in Seattle above the space needle!
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:06 am

haa lol i hope they really dont mess up with the movie, i mean even if the freakin screenwriter didn't read the book, lets have hope Smile**
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bookworm Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Hahaha! I COMPLETELY agree. He didn't sound his age. I actually thought it was kind of funny! Smile No, I don't think they'd be at the space needle. Maybe...the Great Wall of China?
Bookworm
Bookworm
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Morpheus
Female Number of posts : 93
Humor : defenestration- to throw someone or something out of a window
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Greek_Geek Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:16 pm

This is in-acceptable. To be honest I don't like the look of the film, I think it will be a flop. I'm thinking of not going with my friends so I won't put them off the series.
Greek_Geek
Staff
Staff

Male Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:18 am

hopefully it won't end up somewhere else in the next movie if there is another one. Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_sad but no matter what, just try to enjoy it like Rick said. and honestly, I don't think he's to happy about it either.
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:34 am

I Don't think he is happy either. He sold the movie rights before LT book was even published. On his site he says they only asked him for a little imput on the movie, and otherwise has had nothing to do with it. Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_sad
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:40 am

that really, REALLY sucks!!! I wish he could have written the script. the movie would be better. Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_sad
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:49 am

I hope before he sold SOM he put in a clause like JK Rowlings did have direct creative input if not control with the screenplay.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:03 am

yea so like that jacked it up... sellin movie rites b4 LT was published?? and with the not-reading-book part, some people need to hear our VOICES!!
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:24 am

The sad thing is he did read the book but did not pay attention to what he read, and only took in what he wanted to get from it. Then set his own agenda, which obviously was Chris Columbus's agenda as well. Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Affraid
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by athenachick Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:00 pm

oh god!!!!!!!!!!!! thats horrible!!!! i thought he did have a part in it!!
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:15 pm

Read the interview that I posted on this topic and read it for yourself.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:18 pm

Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Icon_surprised lol... i am not saying i hate HP, i actually like it... but i think that PJO should be different from HP, because it is a whole different concept. i think that this movie series will be a huge success too!
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Christof Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:29 pm

hey, I just want to say that I have "connections" (aka his email address) with the screenwriter, and I was wondering if you guys want to ask him any questions.
Christof
Christof
Webmaster
Webmaster

Imortal Parent : Kronos
Male Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by athenachick Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:05 pm

no..... not that i can think of, well, there is some, but they are tooooo strongly worded and it would probably be bad to say some of those words......... u know??
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Screenwriter for LT interview comments - Did he read the books? Empty LT Movie mess up

Post by poseidengirl Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 pm

Ughhh! I loved the books! Even though I hate that they change the movie, can it be that bad?
poseidengirl
poseidengirl
Mortal
Mortal

Female Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next