HUNGER GAMES

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HUNGER GAMES

Post by tinkerirock on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

so has anyone heard of the hunger games? i havent read it, though my sis says its awesome!! i wanna read it. anyone know wht its about?? post a summary if u can or just discuss it!!
avatar
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Location : Mortal Net.com
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Reputation : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down


Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by riczhang on Sat May 15, 2010 9:57 pm

Peeta, I think that Peeta would be a better husband for Katniss than Gale would be as he seems more sincere than Gale.

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 21
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by TheAravis on Sat May 15, 2010 11:03 pm

riczhang wrote:Peeta, I think that Peeta would be a better husband for Katniss than Gale would be as he seems more sincere than Gale.

Peeta is more sincere than Gale. But I hate Katniss. She totally does not deserve Peeta. In my opinion, Madge deserves Peeta. Katniss would probably choose Gale, anyway. I totally got that after reading Catching the Fire. That's why I came up with Peeta and Madge. I might write a fic about it on ff.
avatar
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Location : Once there was a way to get back homeward...
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by riczhang on Sat May 15, 2010 11:05 pm

TheAravis wrote:
riczhang wrote:Peeta, I think that Peeta would be a better husband for Katniss than Gale would be as he seems more sincere than Gale.

Peeta is more sincere than Gale. But I hate Katniss. She totally does not deserve Peeta. In my opinion, Madge deserves Peeta. Katniss would probably choose Gale, anyway. I totally got that after reading Catching the Fire. That's why I came up with Peeta and Madge. I might write a fic about it on ff.

But Madge is the mayor's daughter though she'd never get to marry Peeta, and I think that Katniss just needs to come to her senses that Peeta is better than Gale.

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 21
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by TheAravis on Sat May 15, 2010 11:14 pm

riczhang wrote:
TheAravis wrote:
riczhang wrote:Peeta, I think that Peeta would be a better husband for Katniss than Gale would be as he seems more sincere than Gale.

Peeta is more sincere than Gale. But I hate Katniss. She totally does not deserve Peeta. In my opinion, Madge deserves Peeta. Katniss would probably choose Gale, anyway. I totally got that after reading Catching the Fire. That's why I came up with Peeta and Madge. I might write a fic about it on ff.

But Madge is the mayor's daughter though she'd never get to marry Peeta, and I think that Katniss just needs to come to her senses that Peeta is better than Gale.

Wait, Madge isn't allowed to marry Peeta? If you're talking about President Snow and stuff, I won't include that. I can't write about that kind of stuff.

I don't think Katniss will ever come to her senses, though. She's so smitten with Gale in Catching the Fire, and she's always complaining about how she'll have to marry Peeta. Idiot.
avatar
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Location : Once there was a way to get back homeward...
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by riczhang on Sat May 15, 2010 11:16 pm

But now that Peeta has been captured by the capital they will have to go and rescue him, so during the rescue I'm sure that Katniss and Peeta will have a moment.

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 21
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by TheAravis on Sat May 15, 2010 11:23 pm

riczhang wrote:But now that Peeta has been captured by the capital they will have to go and rescue him, so during the rescue I'm sure that Katniss and Peeta will have a moment.

Yeah, and then Katniss'll say, "I was only doing it because of the moment. I love Gale!"

Then she'll cry about how she's sorry she brought Peeta's hopes and that she'll have to marry him.

Yeah, I'm really anti-Katniss.
avatar
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Location : Once there was a way to get back homeward...
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by riczhang on Sat May 15, 2010 11:33 pm

TheAravis wrote:
riczhang wrote:But now that Peeta has been captured by the capital they will have to go and rescue him, so during the rescue I'm sure that Katniss and Peeta will have a moment.

Yeah, and then Katniss'll say, "I was only doing it because of the moment. I love Gale!"

Then she'll cry about how she's sorry she brought Peeta's hopes and that she'll have to marry him.

Yeah, I'm really anti-Katniss.

I'm anti-Gale cause I think that he's just taking advantage of the moment to tear Katniss apart and keep her for himself.

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 21
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by TheAravis on Sat May 15, 2010 11:40 pm

riczhang wrote:
TheAravis wrote:
riczhang wrote:But now that Peeta has been captured by the capital they will have to go and rescue him, so during the rescue I'm sure that Katniss and Peeta will have a moment.

Yeah, and then Katniss'll say, "I was only doing it because of the moment. I love Gale!"

Then she'll cry about how she's sorry she brought Peeta's hopes and that she'll have to marry him.

Yeah, I'm really anti-Katniss.

I'm anti-Gale cause I think that he's just taking advantage of the moment to tear Katniss apart and keep her for himself.

I'm anti-Gale and anti-Katniss. I really hate Suzanne Collins for making me think that Katniss was in love with Peeta, then having her whine and cry about how she loves Gale but has to marry Peeta. I guess people are at their best when they're trapped in an arena and told to fight to the death.
avatar
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Location : Once there was a way to get back homeward...
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by riczhang on Sat May 15, 2010 11:41 pm

I never really liked the series it was just good, but here other series Gregor the Overlander was so much better.

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 21
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by TheAravis on Sat May 15, 2010 11:53 pm

You never really liked the series? I thought it was just amazing. Way better that PJO.

Gregor the Overlander?
avatar
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Location : Once there was a way to get back homeward...
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by riczhang on Sat May 15, 2010 11:59 pm

TheAravis wrote:You never really liked the series? I thought it was just amazing. Way better that PJO.

Gregor the Overlander?

I'll grant you that it is good but very ordinary. But PJO is beyond amazing and ordinary, and 2 others are just heavenly.

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 21
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by TheAravis on Sun May 16, 2010 12:18 am

riczhang wrote:
TheAravis wrote:You never really liked the series? I thought it was just amazing. Way better that PJO.

Gregor the Overlander?

I'll grant you that it is good but very ordinary. But PJO is beyond amazing and ordinary, and 2 others are just heavenly.

PJO's better? I disagree. Suzanne Collins created this whole futuristic universe, an unfair government, and the Hunger Games. She made a love triangle in which the fans were split about 50-50, unlike PJO where nearly everyone was screaming "PERCABETH!" (I'll admit, I was one of those people.) I think The Hunger Games would attract an older audience, maybe 6th-9th grade, while PJO is for 4th-7th graders. Plus, I think PJO was kind of a Harry Potter knock-off.

But if everyone had the same opinion, we would basically all be clones.
avatar
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Location : Once there was a way to get back homeward...
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by riczhang on Sun May 16, 2010 12:22 am

But apocalytic future is just so drab and unoriginal.

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 21
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by TheAravis on Sun May 16, 2010 2:49 pm

riczhang wrote:But apocalytic future is just so drab and unoriginal.

It's original. The twelve districts? Every single detail? I found the Hunger Games way more interesting than Percy's quests. You know, blood and guts, action, fight to the death? Way cooler than saving your girlfriend.

And you have to admit, PJO's characters were knockoff Harry Potter. Percy=Harry, Annabeth=Hermione, Grover=Ron, Connor and Travis=Fred and George, Luke=Snape (They both saved everyone at the end.)
avatar
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Location : Once there was a way to get back homeward...
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by tinkerirock on Sun May 16, 2010 2:53 pm

thats pretty true about the hp similarities.

i think that the hunger games are awesome, bu the age limit is more higher than PJO series, so i don't think anything could be compared between those two because of the different places they stand.
avatar
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Location : Mortal Net.com
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Reputation : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by riczhang on Sun May 16, 2010 4:15 pm

Interesting, I grant you, but Good, when the world ends. 12, the number look into it 13, becomes 12, and all of that, she's drawing from superstition. And I just can't stand superstition.

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 21
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by tinkerirock on Sun May 16, 2010 4:43 pm

riczhang wrote:Interesting, I grant you, but Good, when the world ends. 12, the number look into it 13, becomes 12, and all of that, she's drawing from superstition. And I just can't stand superstition.
what?? im confused
avatar
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Location : Mortal Net.com
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Reputation : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by riczhang on Sun May 16, 2010 4:50 pm

tinkerirock wrote:
riczhang wrote:Interesting, I grant you, but Good, when the world ends. 12, the number look into it 13, becomes 12, and all of that, she's drawing from superstition. And I just can't stand superstition.
what?? im confused

Talking about is the Hunger Games better than PJO. And I don't think it is.

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 21
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by tinkerirock on Sun May 16, 2010 4:53 pm

okay, same. i think its just too different to compare for me.
avatar
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Location : Mortal Net.com
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Reputation : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by TheAravis on Sun May 16, 2010 7:59 pm

tinkerirock wrote:thats pretty true about the hp similarities.

i think that the hunger games are awesome, bu the age limit is more higher than PJO series, so i don't think anything could be compared between those two because of the different places they stand.

That's true.

But on terms of what I enjoyed more, it's The Hunger Games.
avatar
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Location : Once there was a way to get back homeward...
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by Artemisrocks on Wed May 19, 2010 10:10 pm

same here
avatar
Artemisrocks
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 811
Age : 18
Location : Greece(i wish)
Humor : I love my CRAZY,GORGEOUS, LAME FRIENDS!
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by posiden#1god on Thu May 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Pjo is better anyway
avatar
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 1473
Age : 21
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by TheAravis on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:46 pm

posiden#1god wrote:Pjo is better anyway

That's kind of an opinion thing...
avatar
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Location : Once there was a way to get back homeward...
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by riczhang on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Just want to say 74ish days left until the release of book #3

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 21
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by TheAravis on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:56 pm

riczhang wrote:Just want to say 74ish days left until the release of book #3

Can't wait!

Fingers crossed for Peeta.
avatar
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Location : Once there was a way to get back homeward...
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum