HUNGER GAMES

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

HUNGER GAMES

Post by tinkerirock on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

so has anyone heard of the hunger games? i havent read it, though my sis says its awesome!! i wanna read it. anyone know wht its about?? post a summary if u can or just discuss it!!
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES

Post by riczhang on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:59 pm

TheAravis wrote:
riczhang wrote:Just want to say 74ish days left until the release of book #3

Can't wait!

Fingers crossed for Peeta.

I just want the book to end in a cataclysm, with everyone dying except Katniss, and she has to live with the revelation that if she supported Peeta then everyone would still be alive.

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:43 pm

riczhang wrote:
TheAravis wrote:
riczhang wrote:Just want to say 74ish days left until the release of book #3

Can't wait!

Fingers crossed for Peeta.

I just want the book to end in a cataclysm, with everyone dying except Katniss, and she has to live with the revelation that if she supported Peeta then everyone would still be alive.

Yes. That is genius.

For me to be happy, at the end of the story, Peeta has to be dead (along with everyone else excluding Katniss) or with Katniss.

I'm leaning toward the sad Katniss scene.
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:59 pm

I don't want anyone to die! Except maybe President Snow. He's awful.
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:41 pm

smoothmoves97 wrote:I don't want anyone to die! Except maybe President Snow. He's awful.

Aww... that's lame.

So, who do you like better, Gale or Peeta?
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:30 pm

I'm indifferent but if I had to choose probably Gale.
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Finished Mockingjay last night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Massive Spoilers That You Will Murder Yourself for Reading if You Haven't Read Mockingjay

It was depressing, but amazing. Amazing. Sad but happy. Like how the Underland Chronicles ended.

Suzanne Collins is my hero. Right up there next to J.K. Rowling, Freddie Mercury, and Paul McCartney. Forget Rick Riordan. Suzanne Collins? Awesome.

I didn't like how many people she killed, but none of them were unnecessary (at least not in my memory). Finnick, Madge, and Prim were really sad deaths for me. And Cinna, well, I'm not sure which book he died in, but that was really sad, too. I really like Cinna. Who doesn't?

At first, I was insanely happy that Peeta was hijacked. He was over Katniss. That was great, because I really thought Katniss would end up with Gale. I am so glad I thought wrong. But anyway, I realized that Peeta had become an evil buttock. He slowly became less buttock-ish and evil, but it wasn't the real Peeta. The thing that was awesome about Peeta was that he would do anything in the world for Katniss. And how he was so impossibly nice.

Yeah, that was gone.

Prim's death was impossibly sad. It was what broke Katniss. What made the ending sad. But I didn't expect it to be happily ever after.

The Hanging Tree was an insanely creepy song.

The reason why Katniss chose Peeta was the reason I liked Peeta better. Peeta's impossibly nice, Gale's angry.

I'm done randomly typing up my opinions on Mockingjay.

Spoilers are done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm excited for the Hunger Games movie. Suzanne Collins talks about it in this video. I'm excited, and since she's writing the screenplay, she won't take out stupid things, like... I don't know... the general plot?

EXCITED! cheers
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:47 pm

SPOILERSSS!!! DONT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ MOCKINGJAY!

I think it was completely unnecessary for her to kill off Finnick. I love finnick!!!! Why?!?!? It made me very sad Sad and also I felt really bad for him when he did that interview and told everybody what Snow was doing to him.
When Katniss agreed to have another hunger games for Capitol kids, I thought "STUPID!!!!! Why would you put that much pain on innocent little children? Especially when you've gone through it yourself! Stupid! That's what started the dang war!
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 642
Humor : "Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?" He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this"- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -"distracting?"
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:05 pm

DiaClaireNoel wrote:SPOILERSSS!!! DONT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ MOCKINGJAY!
When Katniss agreed to have another hunger games for Capitol kids, I thought "STUPID!!!!! Why would you put that much pain on innocent little children? Especially when you've gone through it yourself! Stupid! That's what started the dang war!
But she lost Prim and after that, she was broken. And the people who caused it would have no revenge? No...

And she couldn't expect to have the best judgement. It's hard looking at it objectively when you just lost your little sister.
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by thedamsnackbar on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:31 pm

I'm having mixed feeling for the book, but I loved the ending with Katniss's and Peeta's kids
thedamsnackbar
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 53
Humor : In search of the dam snack bar :P
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:57 pm

thedamsnackbar wrote:I'm having mixed feeling for the book, but I loved the ending with Katniss's and Peeta's kids
You're Team Peeta?

After the book ended, I felt so depressed, but happy, but depressed. I can't believe it's over...

And I really liked the last sentence: "But there are much worse games to play."

I really want the movie to come out... It's going to take a few years, though. I think they're casting...
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:32 pm

I love peeta!!!
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Humor : "Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?" He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this"- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -"distracting?"

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:58 pm

DiaClaireNoel wrote:I love peeta!!!

Isn't this the best picture of him? It looks exactly how I imagined him...

It's the first book illustration of a person that doesn't look awkward. -cough- PJO -cough-
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:51 pm

The ending ruined the book for me............ THe Epilogue was horrible........ and that poem?????? Creepy...........

But the good news is I got the new laptop I wanted..........

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:59 pm

riczhang wrote:The ending ruined the book for me............ THe Epilogue was horrible........ and that poem?????? Creepy...........
Why didn't you like the ending?

Yeah, the Hanging Tree was creepy. Seriously, insanely creepy.
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:14 pm

The epilogue was kinda wierd and cheesy.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:26 pm

riczhang wrote:The epilogue was kinda wierd and cheesy.
How was it cheesy?
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Ok, I cometely agree...the hanging tree- oh my gosh, creakiest poem I've ever heard. It sent shivers down my spine. Wow. Creepy. And the ending...I liked it. It was kinda sad...the part where it said the kids didn't know they were playing on a graveyard...that creeped me out...and it was really sad cuz I remembered all of the district 12 people that died Sad and I didn't think it was cheesy. I loved the last line tho
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:10 pm

The Book itself was Fantastic, but the book wasn't worth the premium I paid cause I forgot to order it with my 15 other books I wanted.

However if you find it for like 5-10 bucks, go get it.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by thedamsnackbar on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:34 pm

My favorite part is still when we get to see Finnick Odair in his underwear Razz
thedamsnackbar
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:37 pm

thedamsnackbar wrote:My favorite part is still when we get to see Finnick Odair in his underwear Razz

ahh me too!!! Very Happy "do you find this...distracting?" lol i laughed my head off Smile oh Finnick...I love Finnick...I have an unhealthy obsession with Finnick Odair.
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by thedamsnackbar on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:44 pm

I still dont see why they had to do what they did to him at the end. I didnt even know until the recap
thedamsnackbar
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:57 pm

SPOILER
i know! ahh its so sad Sad i cried...i love finnick Sad and then at the end...when they mentioned that Annie had a baby...thats so sad...the kid isnt gunna have a dad...ahhh i dont think they shouldve done that to poor Finnick...i love Finnick Sad
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:22 am

DiaClaireNoel wrote:
thedamsnackbar wrote:My favorite part is still when we get to see Finnick Odair in his underwear Razz

ahh me too!!! Very Happy "do you find this...distracting?" lol i laughed my head off Smile oh Finnick...I love Finnick...I have an unhealthy obsession with Finnick Odair.

Finnick is really cool. I like him about as much as I like Cinna. And that's saying something, because I really like Cinna.

Also, DiaClaireNoel, I really like your avatar. It makes me want to make a HG avatar. But Peeta's in it already, so I guess...

Also, I think someone brought up Katniss saying yes to the games? I found this on a comment of a review at amazon.com:

A.R. Bovey wrote:Katniss knew that, if she didn't support Coin right then, in that moment, Coin wouldn't let her leave that meeting alive. Coin didn't care if someone like poor, shattered Annie didn't support her. But Katniss, the Mockinjay? It was a test. Katniss had to support her - in order to be able to have the chance to walk out of that meeting and be able to have her chance to kill her later.

I'm sure having to outwardly agree with Coin's horrifying suggestion was incredibly hard on Katniss, but she knew what she had to do.

I'm just wondering, did they have the games?

TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:41 pm

I don't think they did have the games. After Coin was dead they probably all voted no, cuz they didn't feel the pressure to say yes in order to support Coin. And I guess that was probably what was going through her mind. I never liked Coin. I thought she would be just as bad as Snow. But I think Katniss shouldve had a chance to kill both of them, like if Snow stayed alive after she shot Coin and then Katniss got to kill Snow. I really don't like him. And thanks about the Avatar, I made it myself Smile p.s. I still have an unhealthy obsession with Finnick Odair
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:08 pm

DiaClaireNoel wrote:But I think Katniss shouldve had a chance to kill both of them, like if Snow stayed alive after she shot Coin and then Katniss got to kill Snow.
Actually, on the thing with the amazon review, there was the suggestion that the rose that President Snow wore was poisoned, and that was why he was laughing.
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down