Hunters of Artemis

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hunters of Artemis Empty Hunters of Artemis

Post by Silver Bow on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Lets get a discussion going about the hunters of Artemis! Express your views about being immortal, a maiden forever, and the general aspect of the Hunters.
Silver Bow
Silver Bow
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Hephaestus
Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Hunters of Artemis Empty Re: Hunters of Artemis

Post by tinkerirock on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:36 pm

I think that a huntress would ahve to contribute her life to the hunters and to Artemis. It takes willpower and courage to he a huntress.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:19 am

tinkerirock wrote:I think that a huntress would ahve to contribute her life to the hunters and to Artemis. It takes willpower and courage to he a huntress.

Also, afraid, cause they sold part of their life for immortality, you'd have to be pretty afraid of death to do that.

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:17 pm

Being a Maiden forever - I'm happy to be a bloke tyvm Razz

Immortality - Is it truly worth it? An unending life of loneliness, constant danger until the day you get killed or break your oath, that would be a very difficult burden

Serving a god - well a lot of benefit, however knowing how grumpy and violent their characters were in Real Greek mythology (not PJ's human friendly version of the gods) i really wouldn't want to be close to them, too changeable.
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Male Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by athenachick on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:58 pm

ok, so i dont really know, but i guess it would be pretty neat, but not liking a boy, ever.... well, thats a whole other story that i just cant get into right now.....
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 593
Location : Camp Half-Blood, Athena Cabin (summer) Pittsburgh, PA (all other times)!!!!!!!
Humor : TAYLOR THE LATTE BOY!!!! go on youtube and listen to it!!!!!! (:
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:58 pm

haha--

how about imaganing Annabeth being a hunter?? OHH that would be akward.....
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:17 pm

tinkerirock wrote:haha--

how about imaganing Annabeth being a hunter?? OHH that would be akward.....

I can't, cause we know that Annabeth loves Percy, so doesn't that stop here from being a hunter???

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Exactly lol, the whole idea is she cannot be a hunter whilst in a relationship, or permanently if she slept with Percy. Thats the whole idea of them being a bunch of maidens they are like mini Artemis'.
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:01 pm

veni-vidi-vici wrote:Exactly lol, the whole idea is she cannot be a hunter whilst in a relationship, or permanently if she slept with Percy. Thats the whole idea of them being a bunch of maidens they are like mini Artemis'.

But, has Artemis been in a relationship??? Cause gods/goddesses aren't very good at keeping promises.

riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:07 pm

Artemis is one of the few Goddess' who have sworn themselves to be maidens. Not likely to break an oath to herself, and there is some story about her turning some bloke who spotted her bathing into a deer or something and he was hunted down by his own hunting hounds.
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:09 pm

veni-vidi-vici wrote:Artemis is one of the few Goddess' who have sworn themselves to be maidens. Not likely to break an oath to herself, and there is some story about her turning some bloke who spotted her bathing into a deer or something and he was hunted down by his own hunting hounds.

But, wasn't oaths on the river Styx supposed to be unbreakable, but the gods broke their promises anyways so who knows.

riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:10 pm

riczhang wrote:
veni-vidi-vici wrote:Artemis is one of the few Goddess' who have sworn themselves to be maidens. Not likely to break an oath to herself, and there is some story about her turning some bloke who spotted her bathing into a deer or something and he was hunted down by his own hunting hounds.

But, wasn't oaths on the river Styx supposed to be unbreakable, but the gods broke their promises anyways so who knows.

Anyone know exactly why Artemis became huntress or swear eternal maidenhood? The gods constantly breaking their vows is why I would never want them having influence over my life.

Hunters you think men. Biased but true. Artemis becoming a huntress and swearing off men for maidenhood. I think she had men issues.

"You love me...Real or not real?"
"Real"
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:59 pm

At three years old, Artemis asked her father, Zeus, while sitting on his
knee, to grant her six wishes. Her first wish was to remain chaste for
eternity, and never to be confined by marriage. She then asked for
lop-eared hounds, stags to lead her chariot, and Nymphs to be
her hunting companions, 60 from the river and 20 from the ocean. Also,
she asked for a silver bow like her brother Apollo. He
granted her wishes. All of her companions remained virgins and Artemis guarded her own
chastity closely. Her symbol was the silver bow and arrow.

Sourced from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis#Childhood

Other stories tell that Apollo killed Orion to protect his sisters chastity. Orion being Artemis' hunting companion.
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:41 pm

She was probably being chased by too many satyrs or etc.

riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:48 am

haha yea. why do u think that artemis made the hunters?? just a thought
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:34 am

tinkerirock wrote:haha yea. why do u think that artemis made the hunters?? just a thought

She got lonely???

riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSilverHunter on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:22 pm

riczhang wrote:
tinkerirock wrote:haha yea. why do u think that artemis made the hunters?? just a thought

She got lonely???

Think of Zoe...
I think she might have been inlove with one of the gods and he turned her down. Or she could be a lesbian and Feminist.
TheSilverHunter
TheSilverHunter
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 208
Humor : WHAAT?! I'm already in Hell...
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:25 pm

TheSilverHunter wrote:
riczhang wrote:

She got lonely???

Think of Zoe...
I think she might have been inlove with one of the gods and he turned her down. Or she could be a lesbian and Feminist.

I agree she most likely got her heart broken.

riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinsoldier on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:30 am

I think Artemis became a sworn maiden because she didn't want any relationship troubles. She and Apollo were born of (in most versions of the myth) Leto and Zeus. Hera was jealous, understandably, and so cursed Leto so that she could neither give birth on the mainland or an island. In the end Leto found the floating Island of Delos, and there gave birth to Artemis, and then with Artemis' help gave birth again this time to Apollo. Some versions say that Artemis had to help because Hera had kidnapped the Goddess of childbirth...No wonder Artemis strayed away from relationships.

Lets face it the Gods aren't good at relationships. They are never faithful, except Hera who is frighteningly so, and every time the Gods have an affair, someone gets cursed and/or gets transformed into an animal. This is especially sad when a male God 'takes advantage' of a beautiful mortal female, and the woman gets the punishment. Artemis was probably very wise to stay out of all that.
penguinsoldier
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Iris
Male Number of posts : 256
Humor : Anyone got any fish?
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:49 am

Well Hera's the goddess of marriage

riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemisrocks on Tue May 18, 2010 10:14 pm

i think the Hunters of Artemis are cool, with the way they can call in wolves like the do in the Titans Curse
Artemisrocks
Artemisrocks
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 811
Humor : I love my CRAZY,GORGEOUS, LAME FRIENDS!
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Tue May 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Artemisrocks wrote:i think the Hunters of Artemis are cool, with the way they can call in wolves like the do in the Titans Curse

WOnder if they can morph into wolves.

riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 on Tue May 18, 2010 11:09 pm

like in New Moon, but like pretty wolves, silver and all.... that would be cool
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel on Tue May 18, 2010 11:41 pm

i think the whole "no guys" rule kinda sucks, but the immortality is pretty cool Smile and the wolves are amazinginging... i think wolves are so pretty... Smile
DiaClaireNoel
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 642
Humor : "Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?" He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this"- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -"distracting?"
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Wed May 19, 2010 1:09 am

DiaClaireNoel wrote:i think the whole "no guys" rule kinda sucks, but the immortality is pretty cool Smile and the wolves are amazinginging... i think wolves are so pretty... Smile

Would you think immortality is cool though. Remember it is very painful to watch someone you watch and know grow-up and then die.(Regular immortality, as the hunters are so isolated they probably don't have many attachments to people, especially with the no love thing)

riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next