How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How much did you know about greek mythology, before reading PJO?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
13% 13% 
[ 3 ]
13% 13% 
[ 3 ]
22% 22% 
[ 5 ]
26% 26% 
[ 6 ]
13% 13% 
[ 3 ]
13% 13% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 23

How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series?

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:52 am

Title says it all, how many of you were actually aware of the existence and the details of Greek mythology

Myself:

I've never studied it in school but its always fascinated me and I've read various Greek Myths and legends since about Age 7. I've looked at a lot of the general mythology and done research on it online.
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Male Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series?

Post by Cennedy125 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:05 pm

I never knew too much about it. I was alway interested in Egyptian mythology (so I can't wait for the Red Pyramid) The Percy books have been really good for me and my sister because now we know alot more about Greek myths then we did before the books.
Cennedy125
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 874
Humor : You shall not Blast my son to bits!! (yeah, that happens every day)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series?

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Egyptian mythology is interesting, but much less record survives unto this day. We couldnt even read the hieroglyphics until the French dug up the Rosetta stone and then it was confiscated by the British and some scholars figured out the link between the Greek on it and the Hieroglyphics, that both were actually saying the same thing.

Random bit of history for you Razz
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Cennedy125 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Well it wasn't really Egyptian myths it was kind of EVERYTHING about Egypt. I was trying to find out everything I could. ( i wanted to live there)
Cennedy125
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 874
Humor : You shall not Blast my son to bits!! (yeah, that happens every day)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:13 pm

I knew a lot about it since I was fascinated with Ceaser and it progressed from there.

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Caesar was roman, Roman history is fun, but Greek mythology is better i think.
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:02 pm

veni-vidi-vici wrote:Caesar was roman, Roman history is fun, but Greek mythology is better i think.

Cause roman mythology is similar to Greek and then I got into Greek mythology when I started to read roman mythology which was a bit boring.

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Never had it in school outside of a token mentioning while studing Greece in World HIstory. Everything else learned o my own

"You love me...Real or not real?"
"Real"
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Posidonsdaughter wrote:Never had it in school outside of a token mentioning while studing Greece in World HIstory. Everything else learned o my own
When did you guys start world history????

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:33 pm

She's a teacher, so I'm guessing in high school? Idk.

I had learned some in 6th grade (last year), and I was facinated by it. Then Artemisrocks introduced me to the series and I LOVED it!! Before she had me read the first chapter, for some reason, I thought the book sounded geeky. Don't know what was wrong with my brain then!!
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 749
Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:36 pm

PJO-geek wrote:She's a teacher, so I'm guessing in high school? Idk.

I had learned some in 6th grade (last year), and I was facinated by it. Then Artemisrocks introduced me to the series and I LOVED it!! Before she had me read the first chapter, for some reason, I thought the book sounded geeky. Don't know what was wrong with my brain then!!

That's what I thought of the book, it seemed a little cheesy in the first chapter, but then again all books are.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:41 am

i only knew like posiedon, hades, and zues before i read the lightning thief book after my sis recommended it to me, though we had the book in the house for years.
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:35 am

tinkerirock wrote:i only knew like posiedon, hades, and zues before i read the lightning thief book after my sis recommended it to me, though we had the book in the house for years.

I knew all the major gods, but none of the minor gods such as hebe.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:48 pm

yea i think that rick will make the Egyptian myths a bit more fun
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:01 pm

tinkerirock wrote:yea i think that rick will make the Egyptian myths a bit more fun

Yeah, cause the egyptian myths are boring so I hope he can bring it to life.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:36 pm

yea. wonder wht he's ganna do with like the mummys. haha-i could imagine him making them to life. that would be awesome.
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:37 pm

tinkerirock wrote:yea. wonder wht he's ganna do with like the mummys. haha-i could imagine him making them to life. that would be awesome.

He'd better not just make them walk like Zombies, cause I won't get the second book if he does.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:41 pm

**well then**
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:47 pm

tinkerirock wrote:**well then**

He should make them like a servant of the thing The siblings father use, instead of the overused zombie bad thing plot.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:49 pm

ohh. okay, well thats more brief. well zombie-mummys wouldn't be good, but wht about jsut mummys that are awesome--in a way?
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:50 pm

tinkerirock wrote:ohh. okay, well thats more brief. well zombie-mummys wouldn't be good, but wht about jsut mummys that are awesome--in a way?

Yeah, we need something more original.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:55 pm

how about some gold hidden in a pyraamid, thats pretty original
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:55 pm

tinkerirock wrote:how about some gold hidden in a pyraamid, thats pretty original

And the mummies are supposed to protect it.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:57 pm

yea. in some coffins.
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:58 pm

tinkerirock wrote:yea. in some coffins.

And drink blood like vampires

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top