The Next Series: Prophecy Analyzation!

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Next Series: Prophecy Analyzation!

Post by Christof on Sat May 16, 2009 6:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rick has confirmed that the Prophecy Rachel made in The Last Olympian will be the prophecy in his next Camp Half Bod Series.
so what do you think about it. What are you're anelizations about it? Post 'em here:
The Prophocy:
"Seven half-bloods shall answer the call.
To storm or fire, the world must fall.

An oath to keep with final breath.

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death"

Last edited by Christof on Sat May 16, 2009 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

My avatar isn't just a avatar. It's a safety recommendation for people who's posts contain high grade awesomeness Very Happy

Forum Rules | www.mortalnet.com
Christof
Webmaster
Webmaster

Imortal Parent : Kronos
Male Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: The Next Series: Prophecy Analyzation!

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:32 pm

-Well i think this line is self explanatory - 7 half bloods must partake in this mission- Possible link the Seven Against Thebes but unlikely or a link to the 7 Main male Gods

- Most likely this line is about whether the world and its fate will fall into the hands of The Storm Group or The Fire Group, simple as that.
- Storm - Link to Typhon but unlikely seeing as he just got chucked into Tartarus
- Storm - more likely to be a reference to Zeus - he is the current ruler of the universe and he is the God of the skies and storms

- Fire - I believe a reference to the Gigantomachy and the Gigantes (Giants) who were part of Gaia's attempt at revenge for her childrens defeat at the end of the Titanomachy. These Giants stormed olympus and were only able to be killed by a Human Hero (Hercules) though when you take into account the story line from the Percy Jackson series that monsters are immortal and regenerate.. i guess they are back.
The fire part comes from the fact that several of them were buried under and in volcanoes and according to greek and roman mythology they are responsible for some earthquakes and volcanic activity - FIRE.

- Possible link to the Gods oaths at the end of TLO but more likely some oath that as of yet we are unaware of

- Well Doors of Death doesn't leave much room for imagination, these will be some part of the underworld for sure: perhaps some plan to release the Dead into the world or if anyone has every played the game Age of Mythology then Doors to Tartarus like in the game to release all of the Titans and such beasts from beyond.

- My other main interpretation of the Doors of Death would be the doors to Hades Palace, for control of the underworld would be a powerful weapon if any were able to cease it.

-Some one trying to storm the doors to break them down in both of these cases as the foes are armed.

When analyzing the prophecies remember the key thing this is not some ancient greek riddle its the thoughts of a westernized author, it will have patterns to it and will follow a certain logical structure:

Also consider the last great prophecy; it did not apply to the story line of the first 4 books and was only applicable to the final book so with this in consideration think that if Riordan does another 5 book series of camp half blood then the first 4 books wont have much of this prophecy affecting them just the characters who we will meet.

Line 1: This always contains the identities of the subject of the prophecy - though 1st 2nd or 3rd person depends on whom the oracle was addressing. This line will also often contain a destination.

In this case it specifies 7 half bloods
In this case it described it as a call: though this may refer to a quest in general it could also be a literal call: a horn signaling for aid for example

Lines 2-3 (the middle): This section is often chronological to the story

Line 4 (final): this is often a rather morbid line talking of the result of the quest:

Lightning thief: you shall fail to save what matters most
Sea of Monsters: to fly home alone
Titans Curse: one shall perish by a parent's hand
Labyrinth: lose a love to worse than death
TLO: Olympus to preserve or raze

For the line 4 rule however in the great prophecies holds no difinative future.

Anyway just some advise for analyzing the prophecy

Last edited by Posidonsdaughter on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : remove double posting. by posidonsdaughter.)
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Male Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:28 pm

well line 4 does say that 'foes bear arms at the Doors of Death', maybe the evil=foes and they 'bear arms' as in they help each other at the Doors of Death which = Hades or they're just close to death
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Thats actualy quite a good idea, leaves me thinking:

Perhaps "Foes bear arms at the Doors of Death" could mean that they are fighting and keeping their weapons even as they arrive at the doors of death: aka they are dieing and fighting to the death.
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladog on Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:01 pm

"To storm or fire, the world must fall". When I hear the "storm", I think of Poseidon, who is known as the "Storm Bringer"...
Palladog
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 22
Humor : Student
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:43 pm

Hmmmm... These all sound really good. Here are my predictions.

7 Half-Bloods will answer the call - I think we all know what that one is.
To Storm or Fire the World Must Fall - Like Palladog said, Poseidon could be the storm. Or it could be Typhon. Not quite sure on that. The fire part could be Zeus 'cuz electricity can cause fires. Or Hyperion could have somehow gotten out of the tree the satyrs put him in in the battle. It could also mean just one person's world; like maybe a half-blood was in love with another demigod and that demigod was their whole world, and their 'world' fell in storm or fire. ?????
An Oath to Keep with a final breath - Remember Percy made an oath with the gods? I have a feeling this is the oath we're talking about. I really don't want Percy to die though. I'd cry.
And foes bear arms to the doors of death - Could there be new enemy half-bloods, and the 'good side' and the 'bad side' would have to face Hades for some reason? 'Arms' can mean weapons, so maybe that one half-blood has to travel with the enemy that possibly killed their 'world', and they travel to the Underworld to talk to that demigod or to persuade Hades to bring them back???

I don't know. These are just my predictions.
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 749
Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:40 pm

"To Storm or Fire the World Must Fall" - Well Gaia is Earth and therefore could be represented by the World and where the fall is to which side she will join instead of staying neutral. so Storm - Olympians led by Zeus or Fire - Another god, titan, The Gigantes or possibly "Chaos" itself (the origins of the world - Greek creation mythology)
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:42 pm

yea that could be true, too. maybe rick means with the prophecy in the next series is that it won't be direct like they did in the last olympian
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

The 7 Half-bloods

Post by Hunter-of-Artemis on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:53 pm

I was reading the acknolwegments at the end of Last Olympian, and Rick Riordan thanked 7 people, saying quote "You all have place at Camp Half-blood " I believe that the 7 kids in the prophecy will be based of of the 7 people he thanked.
Hunter-of-Artemis
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Hephaestus
Female Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:55 pm

that's possible....
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 749
Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:49 pm

yea its possible. like they did in harry potter, the last book was seven people.
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:58 am

tinkerirock wrote:yea its possible. like they did in harry potter, the last book was seven people.

But then it wouldn't be original like Rick always is.

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:54 am

Well he may thank 7 people and say they have a place at camp halfblood but if they are the 7 from the prophecy you can expect only their first names to be used as characters. Im gonna go find that thank you bit now lol.
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:50 pm

haha lol. i think that could be a true theory. cuz rick hasen't told us anything about the kids going on it except that they are all demigods.
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:39 pm

Rick said he has a twist in store for us so that levels all playing fields. I know something is up with Rachael, again from a comment of his.

"You love me...Real or not real?"
"Real"
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Posidonsdaughter wrote:Rick said he has a twist in store for us so that levels all playing fields. I know something is up with Rachael, again from a comment of his.

Rachel???? I thought she was just going to play a part like the mummy in a pyramid.

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 pm

[quote="riczhang"]
Posidonsdaughter wrote:Rick said he has a twist in store for us so that levels all playing fields. I know something is up with Rachael, again from a comment of his.

Rachel???? I thought she was just going to play a part like the mummy in a pyramid. I mean she is the oracle, and all of the past ones just sat there and did literally nothing except give prophecies.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

second series

Post by willrox on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:38 pm

i have a feeling that the second series will have some of percy's half siblings in it because when posiden talked to percy at camp half blood at the end, he hints about having other children elsewhere.
willrox
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:43 pm

that is possible, but i doubt Rick would have more than a single child of Poseidon in the group of 7 if any, you can't go too overkill on one gods children really.. just doesn't work out.

To the comments on Rachel being the oracle, well last time i checked the Oracle didn't have to go to a finishing school. As was said in the end of The Last Olympian, The oracle only gives prophecies at certain times and other than that Rachel is free to live a normal life, given her character i doubt she wants to sit around on a stool in some attic all day long.
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:48 pm

veni-vidi-vici wrote:that is possible, but i doubt Rick would have more than a single child of Poseidon in the group of 7 if any, you can't go too overkill on one gods children really.. just doesn't work out.

To the comments on Rachel being the oracle, well last time i checked the Oracle didn't have to go to a finishing school. As was said in the end of The Last Olympian, The oracle only gives prophecies at certain times and other than that Rachel is free to live a normal life, given her character i doubt she wants to sit around on a stool in some attic all day long.

But, she also said she can always see glimpses of the future in her head, not exactly normal.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Sounds like a bad case of Deja Vu Razz
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:58 pm

veni-vidi-vici wrote:Sounds like a bad case of Deja Vu Razz

She's not half-blood she doesn't get deja vu like Half-bloods do.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:01 pm

Sarcasm the lowest form of wit, my kind of humour, but anyway as I'm saying by that Deja Vu comment, it would only affect her life in a sense of having lots of Deja Vu moments.
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:07 pm

veni-vidi-vici wrote:Sarcasm the lowest form of wit, my kind of humour, but anyway as I'm saying by that Deja Vu comment, it would only affect her life in a sense of having lots of Deja Vu moments.
'

I see where you are getting to but I still don't agree.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

The next series- prophocy analyzation

Post by willrox on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:46 pm

that sounds pretty good
willrox
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by marcos522 on Mon May 24, 2010 4:06 am

I read the report on "The lost hero" on mortalnet. Rick said that a son/daughter of Posidon will probably not be one of the seven main characters. Also, i think that the line that says: "To storm or fire, the world must fall" it means that the world will fal to either Posidon or hades. Because, Posidon is the god of storm and Hades?, well maybe "Fire" is a figure of speach, refering to Hades. That sounds good.

For people who want to read the report, please visit:
http://www.mortalnet.com/the-next-series

marcos522
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 66
Humor : Puerto Rico is Apollos's island.
Registration date : 2010-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next