Who do you think the protagonist's immortal parent will be?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who do you think the protagonist's immortal parent will be?

Post by TheAravis on Sun May 16, 2010 9:21 pm

I'm hoping it'll be an Aphrodite child. Maybe Hephaestus or Hermes'll be cool. But Hermes already got the spotlight with Luke, so...

I'm just hoping it's not a Big Three child.
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Who do you think the protagonist's immortal parent will be?

Post by Christof on Sun May 16, 2010 9:27 pm

from the 2nd interview with RR:
Q: How do the children of Hephaestus make magic weapons and armor?
Do they have a magical process, or is it just a construction process?
RR: You are going to find out a lot about the children of Hephaestus and how they make magic and magic armor in The Lost Hero.

Based on that, I'm betting that it's going to be a child of hephaestus. Or etleased one of the main characters. If were going to find out how children of Hephaestus make their magic items; there isn't a better way to do that than to have the main character describe how he makes a magic, say, sword.

My avatar isn't just a avatar. It's a safety recommendation for people who's posts contain high grade awesomeness Very Happy

Forum Rules | www.mortalnet.com
Christof
Webmaster
Webmaster

Imortal Parent : Kronos
Male Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis on Sun May 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Christof wrote:from the 2nd interview with RR:
Q: How do the children of Hephaestus make magic weapons and armor?
Do they have a magical process, or is it just a construction process?
RR: You are going to find out a lot about the children of Hephaestus and how they make magic and magic armor in The Lost Hero.

Based on that, I'm betting that it's going to be a child of hephaestus. Or etleased one of the main characters. If were going to find out how children of Hephaestus make their magic items; there isn't a better way to do that than to have the main character describe how he makes a magic, say, sword.

Maybe he'll have a friend that's a child of Hephaestus?
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Sun May 16, 2010 9:32 pm

I'd like to hear more about Dionysus's Children but I agree with christof it will most likely have a Hephaestus child in it.

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis on Sun May 16, 2010 9:36 pm

Being a child of Dioynsus would probably give you a better relationship with your immortal parent. It'd be cool to hear how that's like.
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Sun May 16, 2010 10:33 pm

i hope its not one of the big three, like a minor god.
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter on Mon May 17, 2010 12:48 am

This is from our interview with Rick on May 3, 2010.

THE LOST HERO QUESTIONS

Q: The presence of the entire minor god’s offspring is going to greatly change the dynamics of Camp Half Blood and not just by all the new cabins. Will a rivalry arise between children of the major gods and the children of the minor gods?
RR: A lot of the rivalries the gods had in the old days will still be around, but the minor gods that will make things more complicated for sure. But how? Who exactly knows!

Q: Will the new construction of cabins be finished at the point we enter The Lost Hero and what is the new total of cabins? How is Mr. D taking all these changes?
RR: Well that is giving away too much too early, can’t really say, sorry. I will say that The Lost Hero happens not too far in the future after The Last Olympian. And if you’re wondering what will happen with this character or that, yeah you will find out.

Q: Will the greatest dangers in The Lost Hero come from monsters, one or more of the gods in conflict of major and minor gods, or conflict from within the campers?
RR: I will have to say changes will it comes from all three places. Which one is the most I’d have to say the gods the major movers and shakers as they always are.

Q: Will we see Persephone’s and Demeter outside of Hades and what purpose will they be serving?
RR: Too early to say yet you may see them you may not.

Q: Does Calypso get to leave her island and will we see her in The Lost Hero?
RR: You will not see her in The Lost Hero, whether or not she will appear in The Heroes series or not, not sure. But she is a great character, I like her.

Q: Will any one or two characters be the main characters similar to Percy and Annabeth or will we have a large group all taking main character positions?

RR: Well if you’ve read The Last Olympian you will know there is a prophecy about seven demigods. So you can rest fairly assured that their will be seven major characters, whether they are seven characters that you do or don’t know, that I am not going to give away. I won’t throw too many new characters at you, anyway.

Q: Are any other prophecies made Pre - Percy going to have a role in The Lost Hero?

RR: The major prophecy that plays a role is Rachel Elizabeth Dare’s prophecy. You will find out what that means, and you will find out sort of where it is going.

TK: Right. There has been insurmountable speculation about that on Mortalnet.

RR: I can tell you without giving too much away that Rachel’s prophecy is the foundation for the new series. What it means not even the demigods are sure of that, you know how prophecies are.

Q: How do the children of Hephaestus make magic weapons and armor? Do they have a magical process, or is it just a construction process?

Q: There are many questions surrounding the River Styx. For mortals and half-bloods how much power does a promise on the River Styx hold over you other than the death penalty?

RR: Well the Fates oversee that, and you never want to mess around with the Fates. When or where they will they get their revenge should you break the oath that’s anybodies guess. Suffice to say you don’t want to find out.

SK: Does that go for the gods too?

RR: The gods do swear on the River Styx and they do get in trouble, but they tend to get off easier because they are immortal.

Q: How were Zeus and Poseidon able to break their oath not to have any more children?

RR: Well unfortunately the gods do that all the time and really the doom, the curse happens with their children. You can break your word it is just not a good thing to do.

Q: Didn’t they swear on the River Styx, which is unbreakable? Does this mean that the gods can break Percy’s promise and not claim their children?

RR: Well that’s the question that will have to wait for the next series to answer. That is an excellent question.

Q: Have you ever considered writing for people between teenage level and 20?

RR: No not really. I just never taught that age group. I mean I know that a lot of teenagers read the books. And twenty year olds, a lot of college students read the books and write to me. And that if they enjoy it that is great, but my target audience is what I know best which is the middle grades, 9 - 12 year olds. My son is now 15, so I definitely want to make something that he will enjoy too.

One last question we overheard him answering.

Q: Who is your favorite character from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series?
RR: Well obviously Percy, I wrote the series about him, and Annabeth as my favorite female character. However, if you really want to know my overall favorite character it is Tyson.

To all the fans whose questions were not able to be answered, our apologizes. We did not even get through the list of all the questions we had brought with us. There was only so much time Rick could spend with just us. We refer you back to our interview with Rick on March 14, and also to the question and answer period that he had with the audience that day for some of the answers to questions that were submitted.

I think our questions were good. Rick kept saying that is another really good question. Monday night was incredible. There were only about 70 people there. We meet John Rocco, Kate Kellgren and Kevin Free who are Sadie and Carter on the audio book, Rick's publicist, manager, heads from Disney Books and Brilliance Audio, Targets, and others. After our interview, Disney addressed the group, then Rick, Kate and Kevin did a part of the book, Rick received a Proclamation from a Brooklyn Official, and then we had a short guided tour with Rick of the Egyptian section of the Brooklyn Museum. Every person there received a specially embossed shopping bag with the Kane logo that said "Be careful of what you summon..." and Conquer the Red Pyramid Puzzle, with a complimentary autographed copy of The Red Pyramid, a copy of the audio book, and a poster of the book cover.

On behalf of Mortalnet, Percyquest, Blue Trident, and OlimpianosRJ we would like to thank the people at Disney Books for donating an authographed copy of The Red Pyramid for each site to use as a give away for their members. We at Mortalnet would also like to thank Brilliance Audio for the copy of The Red Pyramid audio book donated to our site for our The Red Pyramid giveaway.

"You love me...Real or not real?"
"Real"
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter on Mon May 17, 2010 1:06 am

From this interview it is obviuos that the 7 will be Annabeth, Percy, a Hephaestus child, of the other 4 - I am going to say Nico, Thalia, and two minor gods. Of the minor gods I'm guessing Hecate and ?????.
I'm just not ready to say.

Except to say we won't have one protagonist. We will have seven protagonist's.

"Real"
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Greek_Geek on Mon May 17, 2010 7:33 pm

I've never been a fan of spin-off's... Maybe it will be the under-dog.

Greek_Geek
Staff
Staff

Male Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter on Tue May 18, 2010 1:29 am

It's the story continued not a spin off.

"Real"
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra_Lord of the Ennead on Sat May 22, 2010 10:34 pm

It would be cool if he (or she) was the child of Uranus, Gaia, Aether, Nyx or Hemera.
Ra_Lord of the Ennead
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 27
Humor : The way is shut, it was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it Note: If you note this note you will note this note is not worth noting
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Christof on Mon May 24, 2010 12:25 am

Ra_Lord of the Ennead wrote:It would be cool if he (or she) was the child of Uranus, Gaia, Aether, Nyx or Hemera.

That would be very cool and interesting, but any child of them would not be a demigod. They aren't really gods, they're beings, so the term demigod wouldn't be correct. Since any child that they would have wouldn't be a demititan, we probably wouldn't see that happening. But still, it would be interesting if they played a role in the next series.

My avatar isn't just a avatar. It's a safety recommendation for people who's posts contain high grade awesomeness Very Happy

Christof
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Thu May 27, 2010 2:22 pm

yea, like Chirstof said: the term wouldn't be used efficiently. I think that if the main character was a daughter/son of a regular God, but closer to the main Gods, it would be interesting.
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter on Thu May 27, 2010 4:42 pm

There are going to be 7 main characters per what Rick said in the interview. I think one be a child of Hephaestus, Annabeth, Percy, probably Nico, and three of the minor god's children..

"Real"
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 on Thu May 27, 2010 5:37 pm

i agree with three children of minor gods. i would like to see the minor god's children active in the next series. that seems really cool to me, like Child of Iris can be helpful on a quest with IM's and all...
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter on Thu May 27, 2010 6:36 pm

The minor god's children will be very active in the Heros of Olympus. They will add a lot of good things but also bad. Like the gods themselves a mixed blessing.

"Real"
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Christof on Thu May 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Posidonsdaughter wrote:There are going to be 7 main characters per what Rick said in the interview. I think one be a child of Hephaestus, Annabeth, Percy, probably Nico, and three of the minor god's children..

Rick Riordan has said that the main characters from PJO would play minor roles in HOO. Ofocurse, It would be good if they had semi-main parts, because It would be great to see how they are doing.

Christof
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 on Thu May 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Yes, but it will be kind of weird because it's in the future, and everyone's older.
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel on Thu May 27, 2010 10:29 pm

i think maybe a minor god... cuz they didnt get as much attention in the other series...
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 642
Humor : "Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?" He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this"- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -"distracting?"
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Thu May 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Christof wrote:
Posidonsdaughter wrote:There are going to be 7 main characters per what Rick said in the interview. I think one be a child of Hephaestus, Annabeth, Percy, probably Nico, and three of the minor god's children..

Rick Riordan has said that the main characters from PJO would play minor roles in HOO. Ofocurse, It would be good if they had semi-main parts, because It would be great to see how they are doing.

But, didn't Rick also say that Percy plays a important role though?

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Fri May 28, 2010 1:13 am

yea, but he also said that he wasn't going to be the main character.
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel on Fri May 28, 2010 1:43 am

I think Percy will be grown up and like a helper at camp or something... that's my opinion
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 642
Humor : "Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?" He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this"- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -"distracting?"
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Fri May 28, 2010 1:45 am

tinkerirock wrote:yea, but he also said that he wasn't going to be the main character.

Just saying I don't think he'll be a minor minor character.

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter on Fri May 28, 2010 1:54 am

The thing is there will be 7 main characters, so Percy won't be THE main character. He will be sharing the stage with a bunch of other characters that rick will be fleshing out and getting us to know, Perccy will be right there present too, but more static.

"Real"
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Fri May 28, 2010 1:59 am

Didn't RIck also say that one of the 7 is highly unlikely to be a Posiden's child?

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next