THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Posidonsdaughter on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Okay if you want to read the first two chapters of THE LOST HERO go to The Lost Hero site and in the clue box put NEWHERO. Enjoy the read. If you do not want to know, stop reading this thread.

You have been warned.

GREAT! Let's talk.


____________________

"You love me...Real or not real?"
"Real"
avatar
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Reputation : 32
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down


Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by omega on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Could you put out the URL of the place where Mr. riordan said that about Percy please?
avatar
omega
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Morpheus
Number of posts : 198
Location : Camp Half-Blood (fighting arena)
Humor : first language: sarcasm
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by hoff18 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:19 pm

Do you mean the youtube video or the Quote?
avatar
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by omega on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:22 pm

quote.
avatar
omega
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Morpheus
Number of posts : 198
Location : Camp Half-Blood (fighting arena)
Humor : first language: sarcasm
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by hoff18 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:28 pm

Go to http://www.percyjacksonbooks.com/ go to the author page, and read the letter. The second paragraph clearly states that Percy will keep us posted. You however may have another theory to explain this?
avatar
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by riczhang on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:41 pm

hoff18 wrote:Go to http://www.percyjacksonbooks.com/ go to the author page, and read the letter. The second paragraph clearly states that Percy will keep us posted. You however may have another theory to explain this?


It just means that there will be more news, not necessarily that Percy will continues to narrate.

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 22
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by omega on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:38 pm

yes, and who knows when it was last updated, correct?
avatar
omega
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Morpheus
Number of posts : 198
Location : Camp Half-Blood (fighting arena)
Humor : first language: sarcasm
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by hoff18 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Clearly you strongly disagree. Anyway it was just an interesting thought. But I would like to try one last piece of evidence with you. Read the first page of TLH. You will agree that this sounds exactly like Percy. And you don't have to tell me its the same author because I realize this.

"Okay, that was scary. He didn't even no his own age" (Riordan).


This line, in particular,-can be found in paragraph three of TLH- sounds exactly like Percy's voice . Does it not?


Last edited by hoff18 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelled word)
avatar
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Sweet&Sassy on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:54 pm

I totally agree that Jason is the son of Zeus, but I think Piper's mother is immortal not her dad. And if that is the case, who would it be? I really love the cast of characters!!!
avatar
Sweet&Sassy
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Number of posts : 1
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by penguinsoldier on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:00 pm

hoff18 wrote:Clearly you strongly disagree. Anyway it was just an interesting thought. But I would like to try one last piece of evidence with you. Read the first page of TLH. You will agree that this sounds exactly like Percy. And you don't have to tell me its the same author because I realize this.

"Okay, that was scary. He didn't even no his own age" (Riordan).


This line, in particular,-can be found in paragraph three of TLH- sounds exactly like Percy's voice . Does it not?

Personally I don't think Jason is Percy, but if he is, why doesn't Annabeth recognise him when she sees Jason?
avatar
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Iris
Male Number of posts : 256
Location : The Arctic Fortress
Humor : Anyone got any fish?
Reputation : 24
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by hoff18 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:20 pm

I never stated that Jason is Percy, in fact I'm pretty sure I stated earlier that I was of the opinion that Jason is a son of Zeus. What I did say was, some of the phraseology, some of my own research and opininion have led me to the Possibility that Percy is the narrarator. Mind you this is only a theory and may very well be false. Prove me wrong I'd love to hear your thoughts.
avatar
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by omega on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Or it could just be Mr. Riordan's writing style.
avatar
omega
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Morpheus
Number of posts : 198
Location : Camp Half-Blood (fighting arena)
Humor : first language: sarcasm
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Posidonsdaughter on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:51 am

On my mortalnet email I get alerts for ng related to Rick and his works found this just now.

HEROES OF OLYMPUS SITE
camphalfblood.com (lol) Code is newhero. Thank Mortalnet.
www.camphalfblood.org/.../heroes-of-olympus-site-t3637.htm

____________________

"You love me...Real or not real?"
"Real"
avatar
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Reputation : 32
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by omega on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:42 pm

We all know that already.
avatar
omega
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Morpheus
Number of posts : 198
Location : Camp Half-Blood (fighting arena)
Humor : first language: sarcasm
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Seaweedbrain027 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:07 pm

TheSilverHunter wrote:I was thinking (sometimes a bad idea), Piper is a daughter of Apollo...?

i actually agree with you. look at her name- Piper. Apollo is the god of music, too
avatar
Seaweedbrain027
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Undetermened
Female Number of posts : 31
Age : 20
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Seaweedbrain027 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:09 pm

tinkerirock wrote:yea that could be possible, or she could be the daughter of some minor god, but still be powerful.

what about daughter of aphrodite? didn't it say that she was "seriously beautiful"?
avatar
Seaweedbrain027
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Undetermened
Female Number of posts : 31
Age : 20
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Seaweedbrain027 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Palladog wrote:
smoothmoves97 wrote:The options could be:
a male Olympian
a female Olympian
a male minor god
a female minor goddess
But... her godly arent is her mother

why does it have to be her mother? didn't it say that if they knew who her father was theyd be scared?
avatar
Seaweedbrain027
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Undetermened
Female Number of posts : 31
Age : 20
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by hoff18 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:06 pm

omega wrote:Or it could just be Mr. Riordan's writing style.


It could be, but wouldn't you agree that it is eerily similar?
avatar
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by riczhang on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:48 pm

hoff18 wrote:
omega wrote:Or it could just be Mr. Riordan's writing style.


It could be, but wouldn't you agree that it is eerily similar?


Well of course it is similar it is written by the same person.

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 22
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by hoff18 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:24 pm

riczhang wrote:
hoff18 wrote:
omega wrote:Or it could just be Mr. Riordan's writing style.


It could be, but wouldn't you agree that it is eerily similar?


Well of course it is similar it is written by the same person.

Whats so great about all prolific writers is that they can change their style to fit the voice of their characters. Just reread the preview and notice the Percy-like phrases this mystery narrator uses.
avatar
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by riczhang on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:26 pm

And it is a continuity of the original series so it should be written in a similar style. And no one can change their style completely.

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 22
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by hoff18 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Now your just speculating to defend your point. Sure it is the same author but there may be something to be said for these similarities their may not. Give me some textual proof, an online quote or video that proves me wrong. Otherwise there is nothing that says this is definately false.
avatar
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by omega on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:51 pm

I agree. Besides, haven't you noticed it seems the same in the Red Pyramid as well? No, I think Mr. Riordan's done with Percy. Besides, he can't follow them everywhere and such. I think he's giving third person a go because he wants a change, or it is in the POV of one of the four other half-bloods we haven't mentioned yet, because at the top of the chapters it does say Jason and such.
avatar
omega
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Morpheus
Number of posts : 198
Location : Camp Half-Blood (fighting arena)
Humor : first language: sarcasm
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by hoff18 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:14 pm

Wait a second aren't there 7. "Seven halfbloods shall answer the call"
Or are you assuming there will be carry over characters?
avatar
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by riczhang on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:19 pm

hoff18 wrote:Wait a second aren't there 7. "Seven halfbloods shall answer the call"
Or are you assuming there will be carry over characters?

No, there are 2 possible explanations, the first is that we will meet more new characters in chapter 3 and on, or there will be carry on characters, though I'm hoping for the latter.

____________________

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
avatar
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Age : 22
Location : Blood Tower, Tower of London
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Reputation : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by hoff18 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:39 pm

There has to be carry over characters! In the preview it says they will need the help of some familiar demigods. I think one has to be Percy another possibility of Nico and Annabeth. I think its interesting to note that when the narrator describes the kids Jason is with he claims that they're all about 15 or 16. When we encounter Annabeth it is said she is not much older then Jason. That means not much time has passed since TLO almost the same amount between any book in PJO-- about a year. Think on this, why would Rick make them older, close in age with Percy when he has been referring to them as the "next generation" you would expect them to be around Nico's age.
avatar
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum