THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Posidonsdaughter on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Okay if you want to read the first two chapters of THE LOST HERO go to The Lost Hero site and in the clue box put NEWHERO. Enjoy the read. If you do not want to know, stop reading this thread.

You have been warned.

GREAT! Let's talk.

"You love me...Real or not real?"
"Real"
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by posiden#1god on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Ya I guess it was a tease to give us only two chapters
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Male Number of posts : 1473
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:13 pm

ahhhhhhh that was amazing...lol i find it helarious that there's a guy named Leo...cuz i know a guy named Leo Smile that's gunna mess up the whole story for me...every time i read "leo" im gunna think of my friend...weird! and i wonder who the "mistress" is?
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 642
Humor : "Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?" He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this"- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -"distracting?"
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Ya she is probably the things boss or something
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Male Number of posts : 1473
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:56 pm

There's lots of different theories of who could be the Mistress. Percy is most definately the 'Lost Hero', hence the title and what we discovered in the 1st two chapters.

What I'm wondering is: Who 'kidnapped' Percy? I'm guessing the Mistress, but who knows.

Also, I know Annabeth just had her boyfriend kidnapped, but, she just doesn't seem like the Annabeth we all know of. There's something...off. What's up with her vision of someone with one shoe helping her? Most likely Jason will be one of the 7 that go on the quest with Rachel's prophecy.

Also, why wasn't Grover with Annabeth? I know he's now a Lord of the Wild, but his best friend is missing. Shouldn't he be helping look?

Bit of my own prophecy analyzing:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call
Pretty straight-forward, I'm guessing Percy, Annabeth, Nico, Thalia, Jason, Leo, and Piper. Unless of course, the quest also involves saving Percy from whatever took him. Probably another new demigod.

To storm of fire the world must fall
As for the storm, it could be what we've predicted earlier, or it could be Dylan or his 'mistress'. Fire could be Hephastus because of the forge/flames, for what reason I have no idea. It could also be another being that has something to do with fire. The world must fall could be one person's 'world', like someone close to them, or the entire western civilization.

An oath to keep with a final breath
Ever since I read this line in the prophecy, I'll I've thought of was: "OMG's, it has to be Percy's oath with the gods!!" Only dilemma, Percy shouldn't die! It would make for a good emotional part in the story, but otherwise, it would probably break the hearts of fans around the world and then Rick would have a major crisis on his hands.

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death
This could be something with the enemies such as Jason, Leo, and Piper against Dylan, or some of the characters from the other books against their enemies, or a combination of the two, fighting against either Hades, or Charon.

These are just my assumptions. There are many different opinions of what could happen. I can't wait!!!!
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 749
Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:36 pm

I have similar theories.
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Found a reference to Gleeson Hedge in the PJO series.
Percy, Page 73 of The Last Olympian wrote:"'Dear Grover'" I read aloud. "'Woods outside Toronto attacked by giant evil badger, Tried to do as you suggested and summon power of Pan. No effect. many naiads' trees destroyed. Retreating to Ottawa. Please advise. Where are you?-Gleeson Hedge, Protector.'"

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Clevarian on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:49 am

I have a theory about Piper's mom. Somewhere in the sample chapters Leo says something about her stealing a BMW and she denies it. He then goes on to say that she had told him that she talked the dealer into lending it to her. Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats quite a feat of persuasion. Maybe her mom's the goddess of persuasion, Peitho.
Clevarian
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Hermes
Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:16 am

That is a possibility...
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinsoldier on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:41 am

Clevarian wrote:I have a theory about Piper's mom. Somewhere in the sample chapters Leo says something about her stealing a BMW and she denies it. He then goes on to say that she had told him that she talked the dealer into lending it to her. Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats quite a feat of persuasion. Maybe her mom's the goddess of persuasion, Peitho.

Thats the best suggestion i've heard so far.
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Iris
Male Number of posts : 256
Humor : Anyone got any fish?
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:07 am

If we didn't know that Piper's god parent is a mom, i would've bet on Hermes though Clevarian's suggestion is very good.

President of the Academy of Visual Arts & Pictures and host of the first Profile Picture Awards.

Random Fact of the Month: The Last Olympian has an ISBN number of : 978-142310147-5

Random Fact Quote of the Month:"Heavens no," Amos said. "I hate gnomes, They smell horrible."

Riczhang's Random word of the month: Procure: to get possession of : obtain by particular care and effort
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladog on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:54 am

Yeah, PiperĀ“s mom being Peitho seems likely. And so does Demeter, because she smells like cinnamon. Gosh, I've got to find out now or I'll die xO

The reason Annabeth seems a little off is because Percy is missing, I think. I mean, they've been through a lot :/
Palladog
Mortal
Mortal

Female Number of posts : 22
Humor : Student
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSilverHunter on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Palladog wrote:The reason Annabeth seems a little off is because Percy is missing, I think. I mean, they've been through a lot :/

I agree. Annabeth and Percy have been through chaos and back. Annabeth is probably freaking out because her boyfriend/best friend is missing, she got a very confusing vision on to who could help her, and Grover isn't there to help her. Plus she just finished rebuilding Olympus.
TheSilverHunter
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Female Number of posts : 208
Humor : WHAAT?! I'm already in Hell...
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by percabethsprincess on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:09 pm

I think Leo is a son of hermes because it said about elf-ish features and Piper is a daughter of Iris, the goddes of rainbows sense it said about how her eyes changed colors.

I also believe that Jason knows something about what happened to Percy/where Percy is and then the mistress made him forget hence is amnesia

another thing... this is sorta off topic but anyone else kept thinking of leo and stitch when they read the first two chapters? lol.
percabethsprincess
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 1144
Humor : sometimes i like to park my car next to a high way road and point a hair dryer at people to see if they slow down...
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:19 pm

yea i did, sorta.

i reaad the whole thing like twice because it confused me the first time around
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:25 pm

I wonder what that will look like - Annabeth's redesigned Olympus I mean.
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percabethsprincess on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:35 pm

I actually hadn't thought about how olympus would look, I was thinking more about how camp half-blood looks with all of the new cabins, but now you got my wondering about olympus... lol Smile
percabethsprincess
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : sometimes i like to park my car next to a high way road and point a hair dryer at people to see if they slow down...

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Well now you have me wondering about the new Camp Halfblood...
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:49 pm

smoothmoves97 wrote:I wonder what that will look like - Annabeth's redesigned Olympus I mean.

Have they finished redesigning Olympus though?

riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Now you both have me wondering about both! I don't know if they've finished all the rebuilding, but with Annabeth, you never know. She's an awesome architect. Anyway, back on topic.

I guess you guys are right about Annabeth freaking out over Percy. Of course she would. I don't know what I was thinking.... . But yeah. Just curious, do you guys think Jason is a good guy? I know the book is about him, but with percabethsprincess' assumption, could he have been with the Mistress? I don't think so, otherwise Dylan most likely wouldn't have tried to kill Jason. That's just my thoughts though.
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)

Back to top Go down

The Lost Hero

Post by SophiaFoutsitzis on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:58 pm

When i first read it.. i was like Oh my gods... then i read it another 3 times. im wicked excited. I think that Jason is a son of Zeus - one because of the lightning thing that was mentioned before, ALSO hedge looked at him when Jason went to go talk to him and said "did you start this?" this referring to the storm. I think that Butch is definitely a son of Iris, Leo i'm not really sure about. Everyone is saying Hephaestus but i dont think so at all. i was thinking Dionysus or maybe even Nemesis. Piper is a hard one - i think it was her dad that was a god? because they were making fun of her cherokee mother. I think it could be Hermes because she was put in the school for stealing a BMW - and we all know that hermes is the god of thieves. I don't know but I think its going to be a sick series. im wicked excited..as i said before (: I FREAKED out when they said the thing about Percy - why does he have to go and get himself lost?! ):. tell me what you guys think about my theories! Very Happy

Sophiaa
SophiaFoutsitzis
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Apollo
Female Number of posts : 29
Humor : "Tyson frowned. 'That funny man has two faces.' 'The funny man has ears you know!' the left face scolded..."
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:02 pm

Actually they were making fun of her Cherokee dad, but yet Leo was saying if the "clique group" knew who her dad was, they'd be all "We're not worthy!" And the clique was making fun of Piper because she never knew her mother. So obviously, her mother is the goddess.

And I'm guessing Percy was kidnapped, most likely by the mistress. But of course, he could have gotten lost. But there's a better chance of Percy being kidnapped. He's not one to get lost. Remember all the quests? They never got lost once! Except the Labyrinth, but that's a given.
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percabethsprincess on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:05 pm

PJO-geek I actually wasn't thinking he was a bad guy, what I meant was maybe he and percy where doing something secertly together for the gods? maybe jason was the mistress prisoner and percy helped him escape, maybe the mistress is someone we think is a good guy and jason stumbled onto the truth?
percabethsprincess
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladog on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:15 pm

percabethsprincess: You have some imagination! A good one, it seems Smile Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case :O

One thing that kind surprised me was Hedge. The satyrs we've met so far have been small and not so buff. Hedge was the total opposite. But I guess we've only seen the ones on Camp Half Blood - the big ones, like Hedge, are probably out in the world looking for half-bloods.
Palladog
Mortal
Mortal

Female Number of posts : 22
Humor : Student
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by percabethsprincess on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Palladog: thanks! Smile i grew up not being able to go to sleep very well at night which led me to make up little stories in my head for 1-2 hours every night. lol.

i was surprised by Hedge to! at first i woundered if he was actually a monster... lol. i just cant picture a satyr like that!
also, maybe there is a curse around where ever he and percy could've been held prinsoner, and the curse makes people forget everything? and the prison is in a desert? oh or at that school???

Last edited by percabethsprincess on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry, i am new and i forgot about the double post rule)
percabethsprincess
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Clevarian on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:24 pm

I think Percy was out scouting for new halfbloods and stumbled across Jason. Going with that theory, he probably got taken like Hedge did, trying to protect Jason. I also think Jason might be a son of Boreus, the North Wind, because in the myth about Jason and the Argonauts, two sons of Boreus went along and they could fly. On another note, Hedge sort of reminded me of Phil from the Disney movie, Hercules.
Clevarian
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Hermes
Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next