MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cast for the Lightning Theif Movie

+14
actorgirl33
tinkerirock
Posidonsdaughter
percyjackson101
PJO-geek
AJ333
athenachick
Christof
suitedude55
Greek_Geek
Demeterlikescereal
apollogrl10
Luke
Daughter of Athena
18 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Do you like the cast?

The Cast for the Lightning Theif Movie - Page 6 Vote_lcap37%The Cast for the Lightning Theif Movie - Page 6 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
The Cast for the Lightning Theif Movie - Page 6 Vote_lcap63%The Cast for the Lightning Theif Movie - Page 6 Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 19

The Cast for the Lightning Theif Movie - Page 6 Empty The Cast for the Lightning Theif Movie

Post by Daughter of Athena Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

I personally do not like the cast! I think the Percy they casted (Logan Lerman)was an okay choice but Annabeth and Grover do not look like that!! I think Annabeth should be played by Annasophia Robb or Evana Lynch. They look way better for Annabeth because they are younger and have blonde hair!! For grover I think it should be like Rupert Grint!
Daughter of Athena
Daughter of Athena
Moderators
Moderators

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 1050
Humor : I think of random stuff!
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Cast for the Lightning Theif Movie - Page 6 Empty Re: The Cast for the Lightning Theif Movie

Post by demi...gawd! Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:12 am

tru... like with hermione in the sixth lol...

but i think its ok now that i really think about it except i really cant get over the whole alexandra daddario for annabeth thing. shes great actress, but cudnt they at least make her blonde? It just makes them look like they didnt really care about how it wuz supposed to be and did their own thing.
demi...gawd!
demi...gawd!
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 52
Humor : The Lightning THief Movie (cuz it FAILS!!!)
Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

The Cast for the Lightning Theif Movie - Page 6 Empty Re: The Cast for the Lightning Theif Movie

Post by Cennedy125 Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:57 am

Just to let you know, one of the reasons the actors are so much older than the characters is because they changed the ages of the of the characters in the movie so that they are in high school. (on imdb it says that Chis Columbus didn't want to have 12 year olds running around with shields and shooting arrows)
Cennedy125
Cennedy125
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 874
Humor : You shall not Blast my son to bits!! (yeah, that happens every day)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:51 am

You know that is a point. Trying to rate a movie PG with 12 year olds swinging swords, shooting arrows, axes, knives, spears, etc might have been tough. It is one thing to write it in the books, but they take it to a different level on the visual image. It might get some kid to go out and do something dumb and blame it on the movie.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Cennedy125 Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:10 pm

They didn't want anyone to get hurt.....
Cennedy125
Cennedy125
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 874
Humor : You shall not Blast my son to bits!! (yeah, that happens every day)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Well, think about it. When Chris Columbus did the 1st 2 HP movies they didn't have any physical weapons that could be used to harm or kill. Yes, I know the Gryffindor sword but that was only used to kill the Basilisk. In Percy's world all the physical weapons could do real harm. Those weapons are real and available to buy, make, or use our world.

But most of all I think he just didn't want the hassle of using 11-15 year olds. The younger you are the shorter the legal work day (6 hrs.), and they have school to deal with for the actors as well.

I'm not happy about it, but I think that is the cold cruel truth of it.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Posidonsdaughter wrote:Well, think about it. When Chris Columbus did the 1st 2 HP movies they didn't have any physical weapons that could be used to harm or kill. Yes, I know the Gryffindor sword but that was only used to kill the Basilisk. In Percy's world all the physical weapons could do real harm. Those weapons are real and available to buy, make, or use our world.

But most of all I think he just didn't want the hassle of using 11-15 year olds. The younger you are the shorter the legal work day (6 hrs.), and they have school to deal with for the actors as well.

I'm not happy about it, but I think that is the cold cruel truth of it.

True, but didn't some kids seriously damage their eyes by getting poked during wand duels???
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

I never heard or read that, but hey what have our mothers always said??? Don't play with sticks.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:50 pm

And that is exactly why.
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6