MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many times have you read the PJO series?

+9
poseidengirl
Mark Dimiond
riczhang
tinkerirock
demi...gawd!
Posidonsdaughter
percyjackson101
athenachick
PJO-geek
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many times have you read the PJO series?

How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Empty How many times have you read the PJO series?

Post by PJO-geek Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know, this is kind of a weird question. But I want to know if I'm the only one reading the series over and over and over again!!!!

I've read them 4 times and I'm on my 5th! I know, wierd. But the PJO series is the best series in the WORLD!!!!!!! How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Lol And I love to read!!!!How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study

Last edited by PJO-geek on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 749
Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Back to top Go down

How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many times have you read the PJO series?

Post by Pendragon Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Yeah, it's really creepy when teachers you don't really like try to act friendly. How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_scratch
I've probably read The Lightning Thief the most.

Last edited by Pendragon on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Hephaestus
Male Number of posts : 754
Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many times have you read the PJO series?

Post by PJO-geek Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:21 pm

I bet I have!!! Well, maybe... not sure.
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemisrocks Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:33 pm

PJO-geek can recite the Lightning theif by heart, so I think she has read it the most.
Artemisrocks
Artemisrocks
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 811
Humor : I love my CRAZY,GORGEOUS, LAME FRIENDS!
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:35 pm

I can not!!! Where'd you get that from? How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_neutral
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:36 pm

you said you have read the lightning theif the most. and, you also kno alot about it, PJO-geek
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:57 pm

tinkerirock wrote:Most of our LIBRARIANS are reading the Lightning Theif; thats kida creepy. And when I sumbitted my book report on the lightning thief, my teacher told me she LOVED the book.

anyways, ive rea the sereis 2-3 times, thought the lightning thief book and the last olympians the most.

I know, our teacher is reading out loud right now along with half the other teachers in our school. The demand was so high out library has 55 copies of the book, but it's still always out.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:38 am

55 copies, wow that is alot of books. How many kids are in your school? What grades are in your school?

Hey, in defense of teachers, they are people too. Rick's books are great for everyone. Emyrs agrees with that too. Of course she is just buttering up for some dragon treats um steaks. She knows who runs things!!!
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:23 am

i have to agree wid that- as surprising as it is, i tend to get along with librarians more than teachers because we share 1 thing in common- WE BOTH LOVE BOOKS!!
back on topic tho

55 copies- WOW. i don't think we have that many books on 1 series in our library.

** i know this is off topic though- BUT I MUST ASK TO MAKE SURE I AM NOT GOING MENTAL- does anyone have these times that when they are reading books that are really good (cough, cough PJO series) and you don't relize u r reading them and it feels like you are in the action with the characters? i love it when it happens to me!! but kind of weird at the same time......
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:49 am

I totally know what you're talking about! It happens to me on every single book I read!!! The two I enjoy the most are the PJO series and the Maximum Ride series. With all the great detail the authors put in.....WOW!!!
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:40 am

Yea, I know completely what you mean. Happens to me all the time. Another weird thing that happens to me is that when I am reading a book, I become so focused on the story, Dynamite could go off next to my ear, and I'd barely notice it. If, for some reason I am abruptly interrupted, it takes several seconds to return to the real world.
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Cennedy125 Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Same thing happens when I am reading
Cennedy125
Cennedy125
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 874
Humor : You shall not Blast my son to bits!! (yeah, that happens every day)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 pm

WAHOOO!!!! I AM NOT ALONE!!! sigh. i feel much better now. Like Pendragon said, if something happened- like a nuclear invasion or 2012 occuring (not saying it will), i wouldn't even notice if i am reading a book... awesomeness!!!! How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_cool How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_cool How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_cool
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Same with me! It does take a couple minutes to get re-engaged in the story, I'm pretty sure that happens with everyone. But yeah. Besides you guys, I don't think I know anyone who gets so engaged in their books. I'll have to ask my friends, see what they think. How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Back on topic please. How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_sad
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemisrocks Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:49 pm

I agree. It does take a couple minutes to get re-engaged in the story.
Artemisrocks
Artemisrocks
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 811
Humor : I love my CRAZY,GORGEOUS, LAME FRIENDS!
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:55 pm

Pendragon wrote:55 copies, wow that is alot of books. How many kids are in your school? What grades are in your school?

Hey, in defense of teachers, they are people too. Rick's books are great for everyone. Emyrs agrees with that too. Of course she is just buttering up for some dragon treats um steaks. She knows who runs things!!!

Over 1000 i think.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:59 pm

WHAT??!!?? Why would a school have 1000 copies of something??! My local library only has 10-20 copies of a book. I really don't see the need for 1000. How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_neutral
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:01 am

PJO-geek wrote:WHAT??!!?? Why would a school have 1000 copies of something??! My local library only has 10-20 copies of a book. I really don't see the need for 1000. How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_neutral

I mean over 1000 people in our school, though we did a HP book drive one year and got over 1000 copies of HP.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:00 am

Ooohhhhhhhhh.... ok. Never mind.

Back on topic please! How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_smile
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:06 am

okay....
people always ask me 'why am I reading the PJO series again?' and i tell them,'because i like it'. and they say, 'what's the point? you already know what is going to happen!'. well, i think it is different for the PJO series cause they are BEAST. no matter how many times I read them, i never get sick of it. How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Last edited by percyjackson101 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT)
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:02 am

You're absolutely right about PJO, or any good story. The mark of a good story is when the reader can re-read it with as much enjoyment as the first time. How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study How many times have you read the PJO series? - Page 2 Icon_study
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:16 pm

I like to read the series, then wait for a couple weeks so I forget what happened. This makes it like reading it over and over again!
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum