MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why

+14
imademigod
Cennedy125
The_Megal
Mark Dimiond
Daughter of Athena
Luke
Artemisrocks
demi...gawd!
Pendragon
athenachick
riczhang
percyjackson101
tinkerirock
Posidonsdaughter
18 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it?

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_lcap5%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_lcap14%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_lcap36%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 15 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_lcap2%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_lcap5%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_lcap7%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_lcap7%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_lcap14%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 42

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Empty PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why

Post by Posidonsdaughter Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:42 pm

This is just how you rate the movie not a review of it. Do comment on why you rate it that way.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Empty Re: PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why

Post by tinkerirock Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:48 am

HOLYY MACARONI!! that movie was the bomb!! first of all, the lightning theif was amazing! i rate it 5/5/..

the story in the movie was that percy annabeth and grover sneak out of camp to search for the 3 pearls that could get them out of the underworld when they go to get percy's mom. They dont go to get the lightning bolt because the gods (even hades) think percy have it. i wont tell you the ending, but throught the search, they have to find 3 hidden pearls throughout the u.s. the camp in the movie was AWESOME!! the cabins were like oldern but very kool open cabins, and their weapons and armor are very kool! annabeth fights a lot and grover is HILAROUS in the movie!!!! **THIS MOVIE IS WORTH SEEING, EVEN THOUGH THEY SWITCHED THE STORY UP! ITS A DIFFERENT VERSION, BUT MORE ACTION AND SUSPENSE!!**
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Empty Re: PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:02 am

Why didn't I give it the best rating, well because inside is still the fan would have loved to see the book as a movie.
Why did I give it a great statis, because even though they change alot of what is in the book; they keep the feel of the book and the integrity of the characters. You leave the movie feeling like you just spent 2 very enjoyable hours with your friends Percy, Annabeth, and Grover. Definitely a MUST SEE!!!!! A 9 out of 10. Go to review to hear more. PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_biggrin PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_biggrin PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_biggrin
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Empty SPOILER ALERT FOR THE LIGHTNING THEIF!!!!

Post by percyjackson101 Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Posidonsdaughter wrote:Why didn't I give it the best rating, well because inside is still the fan would have loved to see the book as a movie.
Why did I give it a great statis, because even though they change alot of what is in the book; they keep the feel of the book and the integrity of the characters. You leave the movie feeling like you just spent 2 very enjoyable hours with your friends Percy, Annabeth, and Grover. Definitely a MUST SEE!!!!! A 9 out of 10. Go to review to hear more. PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_biggrin PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_biggrin PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_biggrin

i totally agree- annabeth and grover were not what we excpected, but they kept the character in them still alive. Camp Half Blood was pretty cool and the cabins looked awesome. I was a tad upset that they didn't have Clarrisse or Mr.D, but overall i loved this movie PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_bounce Also, the fightning was really awesome. Annabeth kicked some butt
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:08 pm

The rating for the movie isn't bad, B on Boxofficemojo, and 76% from the rotten tomatoes community, though it received only 55% from the critics.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by athenachick Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:42 pm

awwwwwww!!! thats not good!!
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 593
Location : Camp Half-Blood, Athena Cabin (summer) Pittsburgh, PA (all other times)!!!!!!!
Humor : TAYLOR THE LATTE BOY!!!! go on youtube and listen to it!!!!!! (:
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:32 pm

athenachick wrote:awwwwwww!!! thats not good!!

Better than some other movies.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:42 pm

haha lol i agree... the movie was switched up but it didnt hurt ricks story. i would have loved it if they kept "seaweed brain" and annabeth's invisibility cap. SPOILER ALERT: medusa was different in the movie. it was histeracal when grover picked up medusa's head in the motel room's bathroom and said "i can't pee when she's watching me" and then the maid passed by the room and started to scream. haha rofl
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by athenachick Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:55 am

yea, i was hoping they would keep the seaweed brain stuff. to me, the movie was SOOOO different from the books, like REALLY different........ BUT in a good way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (: i'd probably rate it a 8.5!!!!!!! good action in the movie, too!!!!!! i liked how they made it more "up to date" like, 2009 and stuff!!
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Location : Camp Half-Blood, Athena Cabin (summer) Pittsburgh, PA (all other times)!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:49 am

Just got home after seeing it for the third time today with Posidonsdaughter, and it is just as good each time.

Don't forget to vote at the top of this forum topic.

If you have accepted that the movie is different, you will enjoy it throughly.
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Hephaestus
Male Number of posts : 754
Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:29 am

IT GROWS SWEETER WITH EACH VIEWING. IT OPENS UP A TON OF QUESTIONS ON HOW THEY ARE GOING TO FIT IN LEFT OUT THINGS, LIKE THE PROPHECY IN THE NEXT FILM.

And concluding that Brandon T. Jackson got almost all the best lines. PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_cool PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_cool PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_cool PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_cool
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by athenachick Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:51 pm

ok, how many times have u seen it?!?!?!?!?!
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by demi...gawd! Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:39 pm

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_rolleyes PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_rolleyes... PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_scratch PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Affraid I dont get it. Dont u see the cliches? The percabeth scenes that are just TOO obvious? Don't eat the flower... really? how is that not retarded.

At the end of the movie I laughed and clapped. NOt because of what happened, but because i thought it would become the next "Epic Movie" or "disaster Movie". Do u not see the resemblance??? PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_mad

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_evil PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_evil PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_evil
demi...gawd!
demi...gawd!
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 52
Humor : The Lightning THief Movie (cuz it FAILS!!!)
Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemisrocks Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:56 pm

That movie totally hurt Rick's story! Here is a list of things they did wrong:

• Mrs.Dodds didn't die
  • Everyone already knew he was son of Poseidon
  • There wasn't a single word about Thalia
  • There wasn't anything about Kronos
  • The Hydra isn't supposed to come in till the the Sea Of Monsters
  • Hades never shows up like the fire demon thing
  • Percy was supposed to be on Annabeths side for capture the flag
  • there was supposed to be a the hellhound at camp half blood
  • The leave Percy's mom in the underworld
  • There was supposed to be the Chimera in the Arch
  • They never go on a little quest thing to find the pearls, when Percy falls out of the arch the water lady gives them to him.
  • And, oh yeah, LUKE DIES! NOW THEY CAN'T MAKE ANOTHER MOVIE!!!!!
Artemisrocks
Artemisrocks
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 811
Humor : I love my CRAZY,GORGEOUS, LAME FRIENDS!
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:59 pm

SPOILER ALERT

Dear Artemisrocks,

You are correct on all your points except that Luke is dead. We know nothing more than he was hit by the water trident and sent flying into the Hudson River. His fate is not known. Since we had no prophecy, we do not know what they have up their movie sleeves. The actors have all signed a three movie contract. So it is highly unlikely they would kill off the prime antagonist.
I am not thrilled with the changes they made. However, they did an excellent job presenting the story in their form of it. Again, they only had 2 hours so there had to be expediency in bringing the story along. Like with Mrs. Dodds; she comes back in book 5. So in having her not die saved the whole they never really die and come back scenario. By their having the truck from Medusa's, and the map to get the pearls enabled them to get across the country and to reach LA, ahem, Hollywood.
I was annoyed with Grover being kept in Hades, and his talking about having had dinner with Persephone. What about the whole eat in Hades stay in Hades. It was how Hades trapped Persephone.
The movie does leave the fans with a hundred questions on how to get the rest of the stroy told. Now we shall have wonderful debates and hypothesizing until the next movie comes out.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:31 pm

wait, the actors and actresses only aigned a contract for three movies? so they might not have all five of the books into movies?!?!?!?!?! well that SUCKS
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:51 pm

I glad to say that my computer is finally fixed and I will
be active again.

I loved the movie is wonderful the acting, the effects, everything. I was
pleased with Annabeth although she wasn't blond as in the book, ha and Grover
was a beast. The only actor I was disappointed in was Percy, but he'll get
better as his acting career continues I'm sure. The Underworld was exactly as I
imagined along with Mt. Olympus. The gods being super big was kind of lame. The
only issue of this movie was leaving out Ares and Cronos. Cronos is necessary
to keep the story plot going. Other than that it was a great movie.
Luke
Luke
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Hermes
Male Number of posts : 959
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:23 am

First, Luke I'm glad your computer is up and running again. I agree with except about the gods being lame. When Percy was in Olympus, the gods were always large except for when they choice to be small. I too was surprised by the lack of mention of Kronos. But think about it, the gods or should I say Zeus, refused to entertain the thought that Kronos was involved or trying to rise again. So why not just leave him out of this movie. They definitely can reveal that he was behind Luke's actions or even controling them since he will eventually embody Kronos.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:42 am

I suppose your right although it would have been cool of they showed the pitt of Kronos towards the end. I don't see how luke is going to recover from the beating Percy gave him though, haha even if he's also half god.

P.S

Does anyone know if there was a cliffhanger type clip after all the credits
Luke
Luke
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:10 am

i have no idea- but it would be cool but suck-ish if they did. i also think that your right about percy- his acting for me kind of, a little bit, didn't fit Percy. But i do believe it will get better by the second movie. PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_cool
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:15 am

I mean thats what daniel Radcliffe did in harry potter
Luke
Luke
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:17 am

true- i beat by the end in TLO, Percy will be kicking some Kronos butt PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_biggrin
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Athena Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 am

Oh my gosh I didn't like it at all because it didn't have anything to do with the book. They cut characters out, they cut seens out, and they cut out the main plot. I think that was a one time movie because they didn't say anything about Kronos! I didn't like it at all! It was a disgrace! Mad
Daughter of Athena
Daughter of Athena
Moderators
Moderators

Female Number of posts : 1050
Humor : I think of random stuff!
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Dimiond Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:42 am

It was an okay movie, but there were some parts that made me sort of cringe in my seat. "Don't eat the flower" was one of them (I'm talking about the parts where Posiden talks in Percy's mind) or "The water will give you power." While it had it's bad sides, it also had some good things. I love being able to see the story in movie form. They did awesome with Medusa, with the screaming lady, it reminded me of the zombie part in harry potter six where everyone jumps. I really like the casino part, because it's like a more grown up version of the one I had imagined, and it was just a great scene. Speaking of grown up, I also like how the charecters where older. Seeing the camp and meddussa's lair and the lotus casino was awesome. I just have two questions:

• If the deadline is the summer solstis, then why is persephone in the underworld? PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_question
  • If Luke didn't curse the flying shoes, why would he give them to his enimy? PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_question
  • Why did grover have crutches? I know it was just for show, but couldn't he have just limped? PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why Icon_question

The movi had pro's and con's compaierd to the book, and if I were directer then I woul have kept the story line but added knew grover and the teenage charecters.
Mark Dimiond
Mark Dimiond
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Apollo
Male Number of posts : 46
Humor : ???
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Athena Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:51 am

Also they can't make a new one without having a whole new plot because no prophecy and no Kronos makes no story.
Daughter of Athena
Daughter of Athena
Moderators
Moderators

Female Number of posts : 1050
Humor : I think of random stuff!
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next