MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why

+14
imademigod
Cennedy125
The_Megal
Mark Dimiond
Daughter of Athena
Luke
Artemisrocks
demi...gawd!
Pendragon
athenachick
riczhang
percyjackson101
tinkerirock
Posidonsdaughter
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it?

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_lcap36%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 15 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 42

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Empty PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why

Post by Posidonsdaughter Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is just how you rate the movie not a review of it. Do comment on why you rate it that way.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Empty Re: PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why

Post by tinkerirock Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:14 am

yea its like u like it, but also hate it. its awesome the way they did effects and added onto the story, but angry becuase they switched up so much.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Empty Re: PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why

Post by percyjackson101 Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:30 am

tinkerirock wrote:yea its like u like it, but also hate it. its awesome the way they did effects and added onto the story, but angry becuase they switched up so much.

same here.. i liked it all in all, but the quest was shortened by the whole 'finding the pearl by the map' thing
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:59 am

The quest would have taken too long in movie form. Although I would have loved to see Denver and the water park. I think the map carried the story on well, and the existence of the Parthenon in Tennessee was brillant to use.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:07 am

yeah. i think the map was pretty clever to tie the story together, and the pearls. i really wanted to see the metal arch though
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:05 am

GATEWAY TO THE WEST, in Saint Louis. We went there last summer on family vacation. Partically because of Percy and we were disappointed they took it out. But cost wise to build and destroy it they were more practical to use the Panthenon in Nashville. It already existed.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:28 pm

o yea thats true,
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:38 pm

Posidonsdaughter wrote:GATEWAY TO THE WEST, in Saint Louis. We went there last summer on family vacation. Partically because of Percy and we were disappointed they took it out. But cost wise to build and destroy it they were more practical to use the Panthenon in Nashville. It already existed.

That's what everyone's doing, our school is going to refurbish our field instead of building a completely new one.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:59 am

i think the movie had some weak spots where they didn't explain alot, like how the mortals don't notice what is going on (Mist) and the Big Three (huge biggie they missed) and ofcourse, how luke worked for Kronos (HELLO?!? ANYONE HOME IN TITLEY[screenwriter] WORLD?!?). but other than that, i think they got the main points down, hollywood style. PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:34 pm

haha yea i think thats pretty true,, too. Like i mean anyone who could read ancient greek could've entered Hades's place by now.....
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:51 pm

The movie was entertaining enough, but grossly misrepresented Rick's story. I enjoyed the movie completely,but it was the equivalent of a marshmellow alone instead of a smore. There was a lot of fluff, but no substance.

Ireally want to see Sea of Monsters made into a movie, but if Craig Titley writes the screen play I may pass on seeing it.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:57 pm

Posidonsdaughter wrote:The movie was entertaining enough, but grossly misrepresented Rick's story. I enjoyed the movie completely,but it was the equivalent of a marshmellow alone instead of a smore. There was a lot of fluff, but no substance.

Ireally want to see Sea of Monsters made into a movie, but if Craig Titley writes the screen play I may pass on seeing it.
very true. i think that they've should've tried to keep a bit more of rick's story in it. i hope they do it for SOM movie atleast........
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:11 am

I just saw the movie today!!!! Best movie ever!!! even better than my current favorites HP6 and X2 by like a million times!!!!
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 4 Empty review about the lightning thief movie

Post by imademigod Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:59 pm

It was a great movie but they did not stick with the original story line, what makes me disappointed about the movies is that they changed almost half of the book, and they even forgot some important details. first they did not mention the prophecy about Percy, second they did not mention annabeth's fascination in architecture, and the cabins? the cabins is supposed to be in a U shape arrangement, and Percy's cabin is supposed to be made of sea rocks and stuffs. and they didn't even mention what makes zeus angry towards percy, and the promised the big three mad in the river Styx is not mentioned in the movie.

but in spite of the changes they actually make the movie of the hook, the casting is great and the camera angles are awesome, you can feel the action especially during the fight scene with the hydra, though as far as i know not mentioned in the book. and yea hades transformation is mind blowing.

and if ever they will make sea of monster a movie, i hope that they follow the 50% of the book.
imademigod
imademigod
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BLUEFRiLL Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:10 pm

Good as a movie, but not great for an interpretation of the book. Ares wasn't even in it!
But DEFINITELY better than all the HP movies, *shudder*.
BLUEFRiLL
BLUEFRiLL
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Athena
Male Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:45 pm

BLUEFRiLL wrote:Good as a movie, but not great for an interpretation of the book. Ares wasn't even in it!
But DEFINITELY better than all the HP movies, *shudder*.

Are you implying that the HP movies were bad??? cAuse they weren't bad.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:13 pm

yea i agree, they did do a good job around the books and they weren't merely bad in a statement. they were pretty good. *though halfblood prince was confusing until i read the book**
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:26 pm

tinkerirock wrote:yea i agree, they did do a good job around the books and they weren't merely bad in a statement. they were pretty good. *though halfblood prince was confusing until i read the book**
I thought the HBP was quite clear, The OOTP was confusing.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:29 pm

o wait!! thats wht i meant!!!!! sry!
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 03, 2010 8:50 pm

i really would give it a nine out of ten
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Male Number of posts : 1473
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra_Lord of the Ennead Sun May 23, 2010 1:10 am

I rate it -∞

Nothing like the book. The movie should be called ''Percy Jackson and the Serch for Persephone's Pearls'' Evil or Very Mad pale elephant
Ra_Lord of the Ennead
Ra_Lord of the Ennead
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Kronos
Male Number of posts : 27
Humor : The way is shut, it was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it Note: If you note this note you will note this note is not worth noting
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Sun May 23, 2010 1:14 am

Yeah. The lack of plot in the movie was a real let down. Also it has a ridiculously long title - why not just call it "The Lightning Thief"?
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun May 23, 2010 1:26 am

smoothmoves97 wrote:Yeah. The lack of plot in the movie was a real let down. Also it has a ridiculously long title - why not just call it "The Lightning Thief"?

Had to keep with the books: At least they didn't call it PJO Book One Movie Adaption: The Lightning Thief.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sun May 23, 2010 3:19 pm

ya the was no plot to this movie because all it was them looking for perals
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun May 23, 2010 4:20 pm

posiden#1god wrote:ya the was no plot to this movie because all it was them looking for perals

Well the Lightning thief could have been called The Race Across America, and besides it is the whole main idea that makes up the title. And I think that the Lightning Bolt was the BIGGEST thing in the story.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 24, 2010 12:59 am

ya but it is in it about all of ten minutes
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next