MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS this thread has been closed and split

+5
TheAravis
tinkerirock
percyjackson101
riczhang
Posidonsdaughter
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS this thread has been closed and split Empty THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS this thread has been closed and split

Post by Posidonsdaughter Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:54 pm

UPDATE NOTICE - I will be adding any new information found on the new series here.

on Amazon:
The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (Hardcover - Oct. 12, 2010)
Buy new: $18.99 $12.81
Available for Pre-order
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.

TO START
The prophecy given at the end of The Last Olympian

"Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall,
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the doors of death."

Facts:
- Characters from the original series will be older.
- There will be counselors at the camp.

Information bites on the The Heroes of Olympus,Book One; The Lost Hero

by riczhang Yesterday at 19:47
-Just updated form Rick Blog another summary:
After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they’ll need the help of some familiar demigods..

From Mr. Riordan:
- "I can only say that I’m having a blast with the series, blending the new characters with the old, and injecting a totally new spin into the world of Percy Jackson & the Olympians."

In March, he turned in the first Percy spin-off book-after test-reading it with his initial editors: sons Haley, 15, and Patrick, 12. "They said it was actually their favorite one so far, even more so than Percy," Riordan said. "It usually takes us about three or four nights to get through the whole thing," he said. "If they keep saying, ‘don't stop, don't stop, read another chapter,' I know it's working." To read the entire article go to [b]publishersweekly.com.

On Myth & Mystery.com
, Rick's blog - he posted his family's reviews on the series:

Their verdict? Becky gave it thumbs up. Her first comment, "Wow, the fans are going to be so pleased." I can't tell you why, of course, but she had good reasons for saying that. When I put Patrick to bed last night, he said, "Thanks for writing a masterpiece, Dad." LOL. You've got to cherish feedback like that. Haley told me jokingly that I had gone from being his third favorite author to his second favorite. Woohoo! I'm not sure if I displaced Derek Landy or Suzanne Collins, but either way it's quite a compliment. Both boys wanted to know when the next volume of the series will be ready. They've decided this book is one of my best, and I hope they're right -- and of course, I hope you agree when it's published in the fall. Now it goes off to my editor.

No hints on the plot -- sorry! Title? Nope, can't tell you that yet either. But I can promise you many surprises, and you will get to catch up with old friends as well as meet a cool new cast of demigods. As soon as I can say more -- probably late in the spring -- I will post on my website.
from MYTH AND MYSTERY Rick's blog
It looks like the new Camp Half-Blood series will launch in October, but when I have more details I’ll let you know. As you can imagine, I was nervous about how this new book would work after the success of Percy Jackson. Would people accept a return to that world in a slightly different form? To my surprise, everyone who’s read it so far, from my agent to my editors to my own kids, has said they like it even better. Wow – fingers crossed you agree.

Audience Q and A from the Met Lecture of March 14
posted Mar 15, 2010 4:23 PM by Suzanne Koch

These were the questions the audience asked during the lecture Rick Riordan did on Sunday, March 14, 2010, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. It was his only public appearance until he starts his tour promoting The Red Pyramid due out on May 4, 2010.

Q What did you think of the Percy Jackson Movie?

A I knew that was going to be the first question. Actually, I haven’t seen it and that has nothing to do with the movie. I am the writer. The book and the movie are two different things. As a writer, I have a very, very clear image of what the characters and Camp Half Blood look like in my head. I didn’t want to spoil that by seeing someone else’s interpretation.If I did see the movie it could somehow change the way I saw the camp and the characters, and I didn’t want that to happen.

Q What was your favorite book?

A To me it’s one big story broken into five books having written it. It is hard to say which is my favorite, but if I had to choose, I would have to say The Last Olympian because that’s where I wrap everything up, and I’ve been telling the story for five years.

Q Shouldn’t the underworld be in Hawaii?

A Well distance wise yes, but Hawaii is difficult to get to. I liked the idea that Hades is under Los Angeles, it seemed fitting.

Q Will Percy be in the new series?

A
Percy has a very important role in the new series, but he is not the main character. I don’t want to call it a Percy Jackson book he’s not the only main character, because you are going to meet an entirely new cast of characters as well. But don’t feel like you’ll never see Percy again. He does have a roll to play. I can’t tell you more than that without giving it away. As soon as you read chapter one you’ll totally get why I am saying that.

Q
Do you have a favorite god or goddess?

A Poseidon and Athena. That’s why I made them so prominent in the books. But that doesn’t mean on certain days I didn’t like others best.

Q How many times have you read your own series?

A Once published I don’t read the books very much outside of readings like I did here today. Because after finishing all the revisions: REVISE, REVISE, REVISE; I get tired of writing and reading them. Remember on my first book I rewrote the book fourteen times.

Q Why or why not would you want the Greek gods to be real?

A GREAT TRIDENT SHIRT YOU HAVE ON. I REALLY LIKE THAT. (Speaking to Terry about his t-shirt)

I’m kind of glad they aren’t real, because they are kind of really scary, they were so unpredictable. I’m glad they are not in charge of my destiny, because they, I fell like they could drag you around in different directions all the time. But they are great fun to study. I suppose if they were real, I would like hanging out with them-- If they weren’t trying to blast you to pieces.

Q I heard that Percy was based off your son. If that is true who were Annabeth and Grover based off of?

A That is sort of true. Percy is like my son in some ways. My son does have ADHD and Dyslexia. But Percy is not entirely based on my son. If you ask him he’ll say he’s definitely NOT Percy and he doesn’t want to be. He likes Percy, but he’s not Percy. Percy is based off of several people.

Annabeth is the same way. I mean she’s not one person in particular, but a number of different students I’ve had through the years. I also took some of the characteristics from Greek myths and mixed them in like Ariadne and Medea.

Grover is the same way, bits and pieces of different people that I know.

Q Who would your Olympian parent be?

A With my luck it would be Dionysus. I like Hermes. He has a lot of fun, he’s into a lot of stuff and gets to pull pranks on people.

Q Will some of the minor characters like Nico and Rachel be in the next series?

A
Yes, they will. Also a new cast and if you read the end of the last book there is a new prophecy and you will find out about it. It will be out in the fall, probably October. I’m not sure yet, as soon as I know I will post it on my site RickRiordan.COM.

Q What new monsters are in the next series?

A I can’t tell you , but I can promise you there are a lot of monsters and new gods you haven’t met yet. , And boy do I have a twist for you in the next series, but there is plenty of interesting new stuff happening.

THE INTERVIEW with RICK at the MET 3/14
posted Mar 14, 2010 9:07 PM by Suzanne Koch [ updated Mar 17, 2010 11:27 PM ]

Q What is the time lapse from the end of The Last Olympian to the beginning of the new Camp Half Blood series?

A It's not long, I can't tell you specifically how long but not long.

Q How many books will there be in The Kane Chronicles series and in the Camp Half Blood series?

A There will be 3 books for The Kane Chronicles and 5 books for the Camp Half Blood series.

Q Will The Kane Chronicles and Camp Half Blood series storylines ever cross paths?

A No, they exist in the same time in the universe, but they won't cross paths. That would just get too confusing for the readers and me.

Q Have the film rights been sold for the entire Percy Jackson and the Olympians series?

A No, only the first book, with Fox's option to purchase the next book, if they decide to make another film.

Q In your tweets from Greece, you said you had heard new Greek myths. Will any of those stories be in the Camp Half Blood series?

A Yes, some of those stories will be in the new series.

Q Are you planning to write a prequel of the adventures that Thalia, Luke and Annabeth had before they went to Camp Half Blood?

A Many people have asked me, and I have thought about it, I'm not really sure. Right now I am too busy with the other two series.

Q We have heard from the publishers that The Red Pyramid will be an estimated 528 pages. Will the Camp Half Blood series be longer books than those in the Percy Jackson series?

A
Yes, they will be. I can't give you the number of pages, but they will be longer books.

Q For The Sea of Monsters movie, could you be the screen writer or executive producer?

A No, when you sign the rights away, all you can do is hope they will take your input, but it is no guarantee they will use it.

Q Christof, the Webmaster for Mortalnet.com, is really curious about magic in Percy's world. Is magic only inherited from godly parents, or is it possible to learn magic that you haven't inherited?

A Yes, with Hecate being at camp there will be more magic. But most magic is inherent in the gods. However, like Circe in the first series there are witches. Most of the magic will be in forms of enchanted objects or through godly parents.

Q Will Annabeth and Percy be active in the next series, or will they become akin to the heroic tales of Theseus and Hercules?

A
They will be very active in the new series.

Q Kronos can not die. Should readers be ready for his return?

A There are many other forms of evil to throw at them without Kronos. They will face plenty of dangers in new forms.

Q In The Kane Chronicles, are you handling Egyptian mythology in general terms, or have you chosen a time period in Egyptian history and specific Pharoahs?

A The mythology will be in general terms.

Q How did you prepare for The Kane Chronicles?

A I spent a lot of time reading.

Q In The Titan's Curse, you never fully describe Zoe Nightshade. Can you tell us how you imagined her?

A That 's a good question. I never really had a fixed image of her in my head.

Q Do you ever visit your fan sites?

A No, because I just don't have the time. My wife does often. HI BECKY, COME VISIT US AT MORTALNET, OFTEN!!!

Rick was very kind to personalize Terry's signed copy. Rick is a warm, personable, and genuine individual. It was a pleasure to meet him. Our pictures with him came out blurry, but as we were leaving the back stage area, Terry said, "I just met, sat, and interviewed one of my favorite authors. Whoo! Awesome! What a great day!" What more could I ask for, for a great day.

RICK RIORDAN'S LECTURE at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC, on 3/14/10
These are highlights and general summary with quotes from the lecture.

Rick explained how he always knew he wanted to write, and how teachers always told him to write about what he knew. Except he said he didn’t know anything. At 13 he wrote his first short story about a man who died and went to heaven, and had a conversation with an angel. His teacher said you should send it to a publisher, “You can do that?” was his response. They sent in his story and he received his first rejection letter along with his story full of corrections. He showed both on a projection screen. He asked the audience do they like getting their work handed back by the teacher full of corrections? There was an overwhelming “NO.” His mother framed the rejection letter, and every day he had to walk past it. He went on to say that his mother’s home was destroyed by fire. Everything was destroyed except the letter.

Retelling of how his son with Dyslexia brought about creating new stories after finishing all the Greek myths:
"That is how Percy was born a demigod character, whose signs of being a demigod was having ADHA and Dyslexia. What if the Greek gods were real and still having kids.What would it be like if there demigods living among us. What would it be like to have a Greek god as your mom or dad. He asks the audience, "Who is your favorite god or goddess, that you would like to have as your mom or dad?" Calling on various children he hears their choices and answers each. "Poseidon god of the sea. Yeah, you could make toilets explode if you want. Aphrodite, yes, goddess of love. She could make any man fall for her. That would be weird to have her as your mom. Athena, ah yes, the goddess of wisdom. That way you could pass all your tests. Hades god of the dead. Yeah, usually it is someone wearing a black t-shirt, that tells me that. My favorite answer was one time I was in a school in Texas, in an eighth grade and I asked the question,' Who would you like as your godly parent,' and this one girl calls out, 'OOH BATMAN.'"

"So I came up with a new demigod, Percy Jackson, who lives in New York City." He gives a brief summary of the first book. "When I finished the story I called it The Lightning Thief." His son tells him he should get it published. "I had no intention of publishing the book, but amazingly the book was published." He shows three different covers for Percy finally choosing the John Rocco cover we all know. He continued to tell that The Lightning Thief has been translated into 35 different languages and then shows many foreign covers commenting on various difficulties that the title had in foreign languages. "The Japanese translator was very meticulous and kept sending me emails and asking me questions. Finally one day,she was so frustrated, she knew English, but not a lot of American terms. She wrote me and said, 'Mr. Riordan, WHAT IS A WEDGIE?!' I think my favorite is still the German cover. I was warned that the Germans are very serious people, and that they have these dark and somber covers. So, I was preparing myself for this serious German cover and then I got it. The cover had a very buff Minotaur IN HIS UNDERWEAR. Very very serious."

Rick then describes The Sea of Monsters American cover and says that the center is an eye is not a Frisbee. "When I got the cover for The Titan's Curse, that was the cover I really loved. It has Percy on Blackjack on the top of the Chrysler Building in New York. I take the book into a class in Austin to show it off and I am all excited," he says in a deep and impressive voice, "THE TITAN'S CURSE". And this kid yells, 'Look he's riding a hippo!' And another kid tries to make me fell better and says,'That's not a hippo Mr. Riordan, it's a moose!' So there's Percy riding his WAR MOOSE into battle!" Finally, he shows The Last Olympian cover and it shows Percy on Blackjack. "I wanted to call it, 'REVENGE OF THE WAR MOOSE' but they wouldn't let me."

"Percy started here at the Met," he says. Then tells why he chose New York, with the gods following Western Civilization. He put the camp on Long Island because his wife's family has a farm out there. He goes on to say he had to have Percy here at the Met in the Greek and Roman section. He made the part of Kronos eating his children carved on a Stele up, but shows the picture of the real one, encouraging everyone to see it. The next picture is that of a statue of Dionysus and he questions why the statue has a young girl holding his arm up with her head under his arm pit.

Rick goes on to Egyptian mythology and explains basic Egyptian gods to the audience. He tells how The Red Pyramid begins in London at the British Museum, but he had to bring Sadie and Carter Kane to New York and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

When Rick accepted e-mails -- a couple of the best on Mortalnet.
letter/e-mail #2
posted May 10, 2009 12:40 PM by Christof r [ updated Jul 18, 2009 1:51 PM ]
Dear Mr. Riordan,

I am a big fan of your book series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I have a few questions about your series and how you portray things, though. Apollo can supposedly see the future; can his children as well? And are there new oracles in Percy's time? Athena is suppose to have brown hair, but her children have blond hair. Why? At the beginning of the series, you said the demi-gods are dyslexic, and that their brains are hard-wired to Greek. If the gods are always moving around, why is it Ancient Greek, and not, say, Latin? Throughout the series, Percy is always having weird dreams. Is Morpheus, the god of dreams, giving them to him? And is Morpheus actually a double agent? In the fourth book, Janus appears, but he is a Roman god. Why is there a Roman god in the series? And will Percy also have to make a choice with Janus? Also, my Greek friend would like me to add, do you believe in the Greek gods? Thank you for your time.
~ Omega

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Omega,
Thank you for writing. I'm glad you've enjoyed the Percy Jackson books. I'll do my best to answer you: Perhaps some of Apollo's children can see the future in small doses. Stay tuned for more about the Oracle. Athena's children have many different colors of hair, just like many siblings. Greek is the root language, the origin, although I'm sure the gods like Latin too. Dreams are something all demigods have. Stay tuned for more on Morpheus. Roman gods and Greek gods often mix together in my world, as they are part of the same tradition, though Roman gods are younger. No, I do not believe in the Greek gods, but the old stories are fun to write about. Keep reading!

Best wishes,
Rick Riordan

Letter/Email #3
posted May 21, 2009 3:10 PM by Christof r [ updated Jul 18, 2009 1:50 PM ]

Dear Rick Riordan,
I was wondering, what would happen If Percy and Annebeth had a child? What would the child be like? Would It be more powerful than It's parents, or less powerful that It's parents? Also, If Percy and Annebeth had a child, what would the child be like? And, are Percy and Annebeth going to have a child, in the next series, or somewhere else? As far as I know, there isn't a Greek myth that features two demigods having a child. Are there any myths about this?
Thank you for you time Smile
~A Fan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
Thank you for writing. I'm glad you've enjoyed the Percy Jackson books. Keep in mind most demigods don't live long enough to have kids. If they did, the children would be like mortals, except in rare cases when the parents are very powerful. Then they might be more like demigods. All I can tell you about future books is on the contact information page for rickriordan.com. I will launch a fantasy series about Egyptian mythology in spring 2010 and a new Camp Half-Blood series will begin winter 2010. You may see Percy and the gang from the first series, but they won't be the main characters. I can't give you any further details about either series -- sorry! It will be quite a while before I release additional information, but I'm writing as fast as I can and thanks for reading!

Best wishes,
Rick Riordan

Last edited by Posidonsdaughter on Mon May 10, 2010 10:05 pm; edited 8 times in total
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS this thread has been closed and split Empty Re: THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS this thread has been closed and split

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:38 am

Hi everyone - Please I have this information to help you come up with questions for Rick Riordan. Post your comments and ideas or leads to new information.

BUT PLEASE - post your questions on the Questions for Rick thread on the forum. Thank you.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS this thread has been closed and split Empty Re: THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS this thread has been closed and split

Post by riczhang Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:15 am

Amazon Canada is reporting that the new series will be 384 pages long.

See the page at :http://www.amazon.ca/Camp-Half-Blood-Book-Rick-Riordan/dp/142311339X/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1270962792&sr=1-1-fkmr0
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:16 am

CANADA AMAZON

Camp Half-Blood, Book One (Hardcover)
by Rick Riordan (Author)

No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
List Price: CDN$ 19.28
Price: CDN$ 14.12 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over CDN$ 39. Details
You Save: CDN$ 5.16 (27%)
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

This title has not yet been released.
You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca. Gift-wrap available.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:28 pm

The New series page on Mortalnet has been updated, and is now titled The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:34 pm

ooooo!! thank you so much, Posidonsdaughter and riczhang! that helped me to releive my fan nerves a tiny bit...

i like the new title, and they will be counselers?!!? awesome, that will be really cool and funny, yet weird too.
cannot wait
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:56 pm

same!! i cant wait til it comes out!!!
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:26 pm

us amazon has the title
The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (Hardcover - Oct. 12, 2010)
Buy new: $18.99 $12.81
Available for Pre-order
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:29 pm

awesome~!!!!
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:41 pm

You know it's cheapest to but it from The book Depository, they offer it for for $14.24 USD with Free international shipping to countries like Andorra to Vatican City(most Countries in the world). They're also offering the UK version of the Red Pyramid for $9.74, compared to $10.52 on Amazon.(You still have to pay shipping on Amazon)
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:47 pm

im waiting til it comes out in barnes and nobles THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS this thread has been closed and split Icon_smile
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:17 pm

Look at this, it's awesome.

Posidonsdaughter wrote:

A
Yes, they will. Also a new cast and if you read the end of the last book there is a new prophecy and you will find out about it. It will be out in the fall, probably October. I’m not sure yet, as soon as I know I will post it on my site RickRiordan.COM.

Did you notice how it said "Nico and Rachel"? Not "Nico and Connor"? Or "Travis and Rachel"? (Okay, I'll admit that the examples were weird, but still.) It's like they're a couple! (I'm not over-analyzing this at all.)

I am sooo excited!
TheAravis
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:06 pm

TheAravis wrote:Look at this, it's awesome.

Posidonsdaughter wrote:

A

Did you notice how it said "Nico and Rachel"? Not "Nico and Connor"? Or "Travis and Rachel"? (Okay, I'll admit that the examples were weird, but still.) It's like they're a couple! (I'm not over-analyzing this at all.)

I am sooo excited!

I think it was because they were 2 of the most prominent secondary charecters not because they are a pair. How many times does Connor or Travis actuatly appear???
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:32 am

The person who gave us that question just used those two just as an example don't read into it. I sincerely doubt they will be a couple.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:39 pm

yea.. like remember that rachel will be off to that fancy finishing school for girls and nico is the son of Hades, so its not likely,

also:Rick said that he based off his characters off of different people. any ideas who those people mite be??
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scientist Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:32 pm

I can't WAIT for the new series!
The Scientist
The Scientist
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Athena
Number of posts : 11
Humor : Obscure inside joke that nobody gets.
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:47 pm

Just updated form Rick Blog another summary:
After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they’ll need the help of some familiar demigods.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ejgoober Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:53 pm

Thalia does not use her last name because it was her Mother's last name! cyclops
ejgoober
ejgoober
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 58
Humor : "With great power, comes great need to take a nap."
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:54 pm

ejgoober wrote:Thalia does not use her last name because it was her Mother's last name! cyclops

Why is it something to be ashamed of though??? Your mother's maiden name???
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:46 pm

THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS this thread has been closed and split Icon_farao THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS this thread has been closed and split Icon_farao
Remember most learned one, your questions go on the other thread named QUESTIONS. THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS this thread has been closed and split Icon_farao THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS this thread has been closed and split Icon_farao
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Smile)

i think that we all are DYING for the first book to come out. anyone going to like camp out beside there local bookstore??
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:44 pm

I might i have no idea i cant wait for it to open, my parents are going to get so mad at me because i will completly by accidently egnore them for like a day when im reading it.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Male Number of posts : 1473
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun May 09, 2010 2:48 am

A few new Q & A I just found that Rick answered.

Q. What's going to happen after the next Camp Half-Blood series and The Kane Chronicles? Will there be another [book] series [of some sort]? (from Inky)

That's way too far in the future to talk about. Kane and Heroes of Olympus will be keeping me busy for at least the next three years, and they will remain separate though parallel worlds.

Q. Will there ever be a series where the Olympians go to war with a different pantheon of Gods? For example, Olympians vs Egyptian? (from phane)

I have no plans to do that anytime soon, although who knows -- maybe some day. Again, I've got so much else on my plate right now, it would be a long time.

Q. When Circe refers to Hecate as Mother Hecate in Sea of Monsters, does that mean that Circe is a daughter of Hecate? (from Inky)

She is saying 'Mother' as an honorary title, as Circe follows Hecate. Didorus in ancient times said Circe was the daughter of Hecate, but more often she is called the daughter of Helios and an Oceanid named Perse.

Q. Have you heard of fan fiction? (from Erin)

I know all about fan fiction but I never read it. I'm honored people enjoy the series so much they want to make their own stories, but find it a little unsettling, too, and since there are copyright issues, it's better than I stay blissfully ignorant of what other people might write about my characters.

Q. Is Camp Half Blood the only place for demigods to train? I know the Hunters train in the wilderness with Artemis, and some train on the own, Like Nico with the dead. But are there other camps, academies, training facilities, etc... for half bloods? (from phane)

Stayed tuned -- I can't tell you.

Q. How will you write about 7 half bloods and yet let us get to know each one and still see our old favorite characters? (from kibakibbs)

Stay tuned -- I can't tell you.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sun May 09, 2010 2:50 pm

awesome! the one about other training facilities for half-bloods made me really curiouse. what if there is one outside of the US
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun May 09, 2010 4:00 pm

percyjackson101 wrote:awesome! the one about other training facilities for half-bloods made me really curiouse. what if there is one outside of the US

Wonder how Percy would get there..., must be a long boat ride.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next