MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KALRIUS Son of Apollo - COMPLETE the STORY

+2
tinkerirock
Posidonsdaughter
6 posters

Go down

KALRIUS Son of Apollo - COMPLETE the STORY Empty KALRIUS Son of Apollo - COMPLETE the STORY

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:45 pm

KALRIUS Son of Apollo - COMPLETE the STORY

.This story was started as an idea of Tinkerirock. She threw out the idea of Kalrius a son of Apollo, attending Percy's high school, but not knowing his identity. Forum members have taken it from there. The following people have put there their creative input into this story: Tinkerirock, Pendragon, Veni-Vedi-Veci, Penguinsoldier, Riczhang, PJO-geek, Percyjackson101, Posidonsdaughter, and Megal.

PLEASE POST COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS UNDER Kalrius story - Comments and Suggestions - in the books - other section THANK YOU for ideas and reviews.

..Complete the story started by tinkerirock on Tue 23 Feb - 19:42
-First topic message reminder :

okay here's the start up

There once was a kid named Kalrius. He was the Son of Apollo. He figured out he was a half-blood when he met Percy at school one day..[b][u]

Last edited by Posidonsdaughter on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

KALRIUS Son of Apollo - COMPLETE the STORY Empty Re: KALRIUS Son of Apollo - COMPLETE the STORY

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:28 pm

..+
----
-
Percy had a Training manual in Ancient Greek at school laying on his desk. Kalrius stopped at his desk, picked it up, and started reading it out loud. "Wow! I've never read a book this easily before," Kalius said. Percy sat there with a look of utter astonishment.
"Uuhh, Kalrius?" Percy asked hesitantly.

"Yeah?" He replied, still intently reading the manual.

"If you don't mind me asking, who's your dad?"

Kalrius looked up abruptly from the manual. "I-I don't know," He stammered shakily. "H-He died before I was born. I never knew him." He looked at me strangely, his hazel eyes full of uncertainty.

I gave a heavy sigh. "We need to talk." I checked my watch, wondering just how late this would make me.

students. Kalrius was about to get some real big news and I had no idea how he would react.

'Damn it, they promised to seek out all their children...' I muttered as we walked.

'Hey? Whats up Perc? Whats so important?...You don't know anything about my dad, do you?' Kalrius looked at me with curiosity and impatience; I knew we were on sensitive ground.

'Err...Listen Kalrius. You ever heard of the Greek Gods and Goddesses?'

'A little yeah. Why?'

'Erm...OK. You know how you've never seen your dad, well, I was exactly like you, until about 5 years ago. Kalrius, 5 years ago my life changed when I found out who my dad was, and the same thing is going to happen to you.'

'I don't know what you're talking about man....I think I'd better go...' Kalrius started to move away but I grabbed his shoulder and turned him towards me.

'Look Kalrius, erm......Ok ok, I'll say it. Kalrius, your dad is one of the Greek Gods.'
Kalrius just stared at Percy like a drowned gold fish, his mouth wide open and his eyes buggin out of his head.

"Um... What?"

"Look, I know it's hard to belie-" Percy was cut off when he heard a terrified scream from across the school yard. "Kalrius, we have to go now. You have to trust me on on this one, I'll explain everything when I get you somewhere safe."

Kalrius turned around. "What's going on over there?" He strained his eyes against the sun, trying to see what all the ruckus was.

Percy tugged at his arm "Come on! We have to go!"

"What the heck is that thing?!"

•I advanced toward her. Doesn't she ever die, I muttered to myself. Her evil lear was as chilling as before.

"Hey Fish," she hissed at me, "didn't get enough last time?"

"Funny," I replied, " but I'm not the one who got diced up last time."

"A minor mistake on my part," she growled. " One that will not happen again, seeing as your blondie girl friend isn't here to babysit you this time."

Suddenly, I saw a flash of flying bronze in the corner of my eye. I look back to see a bronze knife sticking out of Kelly's upper right arm. Annabeth stepped into view, holding another knife.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" Kelly shrieked.

"For saying blondie like it's a bad thing!" Annabeth shouted as she threw her second knife straight into Kelly's forehead. The empousa screamed and exploded into yellow powder.

I rolled my eyes and sighed in frustration. "Y'know, for once, I could have actually handled it MYSELF!"
"I'll explain later, but we really need to get out of here!"

"Not until you tell me what the crap that thing is!!"

I sighed. "It's called an empousa, part ghost, part animal, part bronze. Now go get behind that playset. I'll be right back!"

I started running towards the battle scene already pulling out Riptide. I risked a quick glance back at Kalrius, and saw that he was safely cowering behind the playset. Then I poured on the speed and went in to attack the empousa.

When I reached her, I stopped dead in my tracks. It was Kelly, from my orientation at Goode High School.
Annabeth retrieved her knifes and turned towards me. 'Really? And what about the dozen other monsters heading this way? Your scent is just too strong Percy, and once again you weren't careful enou...'

'HEY!!!'

We both startled and turned quickly. Kalrius was still behind the playset, eyes now full of hysteria and on the verge of panic. He got up shakily and pointed at the spot where Kelly became a firework.

'Wh-what on earth was that?!? It was a mo-monster, wasn't it? And who is she!?' Kalrius stammered.

Annabeth flashed an irritated look at being pointed at so rudely. I jumped in quickly. 'I told you already Kal. That was an Empousa, and yes, it was a monster. And this is Annabeth, daughter of Athena. She is my girlfriend.'

Annabeth turned off to one side with a small smile and a reddening face. I wondered for the umph-teenth time whether or not she was embarrassed when I said that.

Kalrius dropped his hand, having given up the futile search for answers that he could understand. Annabeth composed herself quickly and took stock of the situation. The mist had once again worked its magic on the mortals and the students all swore that they saw an everyday playground cat-fight. They were nonetheless confused by the sudden dissappearance of Annabeth's opponent; more and more of them looked towards us with curiousity in their eyes.

'Come on Sea-weed brain, and bring your friend too, before the school notices whats going on.' And more quietly she said to me, 'We need to get him to camp imediately. His scent is almost as strong as yours and I'm sure that that Empousa isn't the only monster in the area.'

'What in the world is going on?!?' asked Kalrius while Percy and Annabeth were hauling him toward the road.

'Um.. Kalrius. You remember how I told you that you dad is one of the greek gods? well, since he is a greek god, that means you are-' Percy said, in an urgent voice, looking around all of the corners. He was suddenly interrupted by a huge explosion. They all jerked their head toward the exlposion, and saw what awaited them.

Half a dozen more Empousas were rampaging towards us, some causing general carnage along the way. It didn't help that they were charging down the middle of the road; drivers swerved out of the way of things they couldn't quite make out. They came right at us with eyes full of hunger.

"Oh no, they've found us..." Annabeth took a fighting stance and drew her knives. I started to object, but saw that there was no way this fight could be avoided; they were moving too quickly, and Kalrius needed to be half-carried in his present state. I drew Anaklusmos and stepped in front of Annabeth. "Stay behind and cover me. Protect Kalrius as best you can." I tried to control my nerves and began accessing the situation. It was useless I thought. Even against one Empousa I would have struggled if Annabeth hadn't suprised her. Now against six, with them all focused and alert, we were doomed. Still, if I engaged them head on, it might give Annabeth and Kalrius time to flee.

"Annabeth, if this doesn't work out, I want you to take Kalrius and go. If you can you should hire the Three Sisters taxi service. I'll give you as much time as I c..."

"Never, I'll never leave you to fight alone." She took a step forwards. "I can't lose you..."

A flash behind me took our attention. The light was blinding and I had to shield my eyes. As suddenly as it appeared it was gone. Standing between us and the stampeding Empousa was a little girl. I couldn't see her face as she was facing the Empousa, but she had a simple white smock on and slung over one shoulder was a beautiful white and silver quiver, complete with long slim silver arrows. In her hand she held a long silver bow.

"Begone foul creatures, lest you become the victim of my next hunt." The girl spoke with an even voice, yet it reverberated all around us and soon the Empousa had come to a halt. They looked nervously between us and the girl. For a moment they seemed to be preparing to charge again, but in one fluid motion the girl pulled an arrow from her quiver, notched it in her bow and released it. The Empousa hadn't finished decomposing before a second arrow whistled towards them. The four still alive fled after that; they cast a spell and dissappeared through something that looked like an opening made of darkness. I wanted to give chase but the girl held out a hand.

"Now is not the time to be a hero, nephew."

I felt rather than heard the authority of her words and put away Anaklusmos. She turned to me and I noticed a little resemblence between her and Kalrius. I imediately knelt at her feet and Annabeth did the same. Kalrius stood there looking at us as if we were mad.

"What the...? What are you doing? Who is she?"

The girl gestured towards us and we stood up. "Kalrius, this is Artemis, Goddess of the Moon and the Hunt. Please forgive his manners Artemis, it's his first day."

"Then I owe him that much. He is excused. But tell me nephew, why are you here?"

"I live here Artemis. This is my school. I discovered this half-blood and we were going to camp when those monsters attacked us. You really saved us back there, but how did you know?"

Artemis looked curiously at Kalrius for a while, then answered. "I came because I felt my brother's presence here..."

I started. "Apollo? Where?" I looked around at the chaos of the road. Smahed cars and bits of metal were everywhere, but no Greek Gods. "I don't see him..."

Artemis silenced me with a wave of her hand. Her eyes locked with Kalrius'. It was all he could do not to run away screaming. After a moment she frowned.

"That must be it. I now know why I am here. I believe I am looking at a son of my twin brother. No, there is no doubt. It is in your blood. You are a son of Apollo."

"Okay!! Time out!!" Kalrius was pacing, wringing his hands like crazy. It looked like he was trying to put the pieces together in his head. "Are-are you guys serious? Am I........really who you say I am? A son of Apollo?"

Artemis smiled ruefully. "I am afraid so, my young nephew. All of the signs indicate thus."

"S-signs?" Kalrius stammered.

Annabeth took over. "You have ADHD and dyslexia. In our world, it means 'hardwired for Ancient Greek' and 'natural battle reflexes', basically."

"And," I continued, "as I've seen, you've got a killer arm and your aim is incredible."

"Taken together," Artemis finished, "is a near perfect sign that you are not only a half-blood, but a son of Apollo.

Kalrius had a look of dawning comprehension on his face. "I-it all makes sense. I-I just never thought...."
His face cleared and focused. "Okay, what now?"

"Now, we'll take you to camp half-blood," Artemis answered after a terse moment of silence.

And, Kalrius looked blank... "Camp what?" he asked.

" Camp Half-Blood, a summer camp for Half-bloods like you to keep you safe and train you," answered Percy and Annabeth and the same time. It's been while since they developed an ability to say the same things simultaneously.

]

"And...are there other sons of Apollo there?" Kalrius asked.

Annabeth nodded. "Yeah, several. Now that I think about it, you're a rare case. Most half-bloods are undetermined when they reach camp, and some take forever to be claimed. Compared to most, you're lucky."

Artemis stepped forward. "We are wasting time. The combined scents of three powerful demigods such as yourselves is bound to attract more monsters, even fouler than the last. I shall arrange transportation for you."
She stepped to the edge of the curb, streched out her hand, and her voice seemed to ride the wind, rich and clear. "Stethi, O harma diaboles!"

The pavement bubbled and a familiar grey taxicab burst from it.

A creaky voice grumbled out of the shotgun window. "Rrrr..free Olympian discount. Worst deal we ever made."

The Gray sister Anger poked her wrinkled head out of the shotgun seat. When she saw Annabeth and me, her single green eye widened in horror. "OH, NO!! NOT THOSE TWO!! Step on it!!" she yelled to her sisters. They tried to peel away from our spot, But Artemis flicked her hand and the cab was dragged back.

I walked over to the cab with Annabeth, Artemis, an uncertain Kalrius, and peered inside.

"Hello ladies," I said with a smirk. "Ready to try this again?"

Anger rolled her eye and banged her head on the dashboard. "No, but get in."

Percy and Annabeth jumped into the back seat of the cab, both reminiscing about the last time they had ridden with the Gray Sisters. Kalrius hesitantly stood outside the cab, unable to take his eyes off of the driver, well drivers.

"Well you coming?" Percy said with a smile. Kalrius rubbed his forehead and got in the cab.

"You might want want to hold on." Annabeth warned while Kalrius closed the car door.

He walked in and looked astonished by the misty cab.

"Everyone ready?" Artemis said. We all nodded and the cab lurched forward.

"AAAAHHHHHH!!!!" Kalrius screamed as we pulled a hard left up an abandoned alley. He wasn't ready for it and smashed into the right passenger window with a -TWHACK- and a "oooowww".

"Ooh, jeez," I said, wincing. "You okay, man?"

"Yeaahh," he groaned. "But can we go back a few blocks? I think I left my stomach there."

Kalrius' knuckles were as white as his face as the cab curved from one street to the next. As we crossed the Queensborough Bridge and the traffic congestion lightened up, I saw some color return to Kalrius' face and hands. Annabeth kept talking about the camp because it seemed to help him relax. The sisters were being unusually quiet and the driver actually had the eye. We passed La Guardia Airport and got onto the Long Island Expressway or L.I.E., and without rush hour traffic we were actually beginning to relax.

We continued to pass shopping malls, office complexes, and planned communites. It was a warm, sunny, and pleasant afternoon when out of nowhere from behind us......

A golden Chariot appears. The Chariot had someone too well to notice; Apollo. His chariot soon changed into a golden mercedes. Kalruis turned around and confusion swept over him.
"What..." he started to ask, but then Artemis interrupted him.

"Be at ease my young nephew, do not fear it is my brother, your father." My fa..." Something huge but unseen crashed into the side of the cab where Kalirus sat, compacting the car like an accordian, and yet the sisters maintained control and continued driving. HOWEVER, inside the cab.......

"WHAT WAS THAT!!!" Kalruis yelled and Percy and Annabeth were also scared.
"I...I think its another monster." Annabeth said, stammering.
"Child, nothing could attack you as long as we are here." Artemis replied to Kalruis's expression.
Kalrius looked out the window and everything was zooming by fast.

"My lady, what was it that hit the car if not a monster?" said Annabeth, trying to kept her voice even for Kalrius sake. The Gray Sisters were screaming at each other and the car was moving from lane to lane in an erratic manner. "PEACE," said Artemis in an unusally loud voice.

The Gray Sisters quited down, while the car seemed to fill with warmth. Kalruis turned around and still saw the golden mercedes following them.

After some time, the Mercedes vanished, leaving us all confused.

"W-what was that?" Kalrius asked shakily.

Artemis looked troubled. "I do not know, but I fear it does not bode well. I am sorry, and I know it is a change of plans, but I must leave you for now. I go to Olympus, and I shall send Chiron a message explaining today's events. Goodbye, and good luck."

We all averted our gaze as the goddess disappeared in a flash of brilliant silver light. Pretty soon, the city fell behind, and we hit the Long Island countryside. Thank the gods, the rest of the trip was smooth all the way to Half-blood Hill. We all piled out of the cab, and trooped up the hill.

"So," Kalrius said, slightly panting, "Camp Half-Blood, where is it? Wher-Oh, WHOA."

We had just reached the top of the hill, and the 3 of us were now gazing down at my favorite place in the world.
I could see it all from here-The Big House, the cabins, the Armory, everything. It was great to be back. Even from here, I could tell that Camp was a lot busier than usual, thanks to the fact that the minor demigods now had a place at Camp. We passed Thalia's Pine, where the Golden Fleece glittered in its healthy branches. The guardian dragon, Peleus, slept peacefully beneath the tree. We headed directly for the Big House, so Chiron could explain everything to Kalrius.

"What the heck is THAT?!" Kalrius exclaimed as we made our way to the Big House. He was definetly pointing at the lava climbing wall or the satyrs.
"Chiron will explain everything" Annabeth said as we got onto the porch of the Big House. It had been the same since the last time i was there; white-wash porch with no pealing paint and the folding chair was still there, too. We walked around the wrap- around porch to the back of the Big House. Like always, Mr. D and Chiron were playing Pinochle. Chiron was in centaur form, so I wasn't suprised when Kalrius exclaimed, "You're....you're...you're a HORSE!!"

Chiron's horse tail flicked irritably as a "not again" expression flitted across his face.

"Young man," he said patiently enough. "I am a centaur."

Mr. D. rolled his eyes. "Oh, joy," he drawled. "Another ignorant brat." He didn't even look up from his cards.

I looked at Kalrius's face and I could see that he was annoyed, and I couldn't blame him. After all he's been through anyways. "Who are you supposed to be?" He said, and Mr. D looked up and smiled.

"Young boy, I am Dionsyus, God of Wine. I would watch your mouth if I were you." He said in glee and continued to play.

"You're a God?" Kalrius exclaimed. I mean, if you look at Mr. D, he doesn't look like your average 'olympian god-ruler' kinda person.

To be honest, he still looks like a trailer park tenant gone sour. Even so, sour or not, he was still a god, and not to be pushed. Annabeth and me yanked Kalrius out of there before anything happened.

"Nice guy," Kalrius said irritably.

"You get used to him," I replied.

"All the same, he's not to be crossed," Annabeth said quickly. "The last kid who ticked him off got turned into a squirrel and was run over by an SUV."

Kalrius stopped in his tracks, shocked.

"Oh, he had it coming," I assured him. "But seriously, steer clear of Mr. D."

"Duly noted," said Kalrius, eyes wide.

We were now going past the volleyball court and Chiron was now galloping behind us.
"Well, a Son of Apollo I've noticed?" He said and Kalrius nodded.
"What is this place? And why does everyone say that Gods are real?" He said and he kicked the ground in frustration.
"Young demigod, this is Camp Half Blood. The Olympian Gods are real today, due to Western Civilization. The Gods have...children with humans and those children have inherited skills from their parents. All demigods come here to fight and train to defeat monsters. Ahh, here we are. Apollo cabin." Chiron said as we all faced the cabin.

The golden cabin gleamed in the late afternoon sun.

"Welcome to your new home, Kalrius," Chiron said.

Kalrius peered uncertainly in the open door of the cabin. Around 6 kids stared right back.

"Go on," I said encouragingly.

He walked through the doorway, and true to newbie style, tripped on a discarded bowstring.

everyone laughed and some clapped when Kalrius fell to his feet. he got back up and looked around. It looked like he fell into a too-happy-sunshine place.

.+
----
-They all had fair hair and playful expressions on their faces. A boy of 15 jumped nimbly from an upper bunk. He grinned as he walked towards us. I recognized Will Solace, who replaced Michael Yew as Apollo cabin leader last year.

"Hey Percy, Annabeth, doing all right?" He looked over at Kalrius, who was still getting the bowstring off his ankles. Will snorted, then asked, "Who's this?"

"Kalrius Wright," I replied.

"Pre-determined son of Apollo," Annabeth added.

When Will still looked uncertain, I whispered, "Come on, cut him some slack. He just got here."

Will nodded. "All right, all right"..

.+
----
-Will then showed Kalrius to his bunk and they had gathered some toletries and clothes for him, too.
"If you need anything, give me a call, I'll be at the Arena." Will said and he fled out of the cabin.
"So here's your schedule." Annabeth said and handed Kalrius a paper with a table on it.
His eyes widened, then he finally said, "Sword fighting? Lava Climbing wall? Archery? What the heck is all this for?" He asked and Annabeth started to talk, but then a big explosion shook the ground..
Percy raised his hand and a small wave flew overland from the Long Island Sound drenching the Hephaestus cabin, extinguishing the flames. "Problem solved," he grinned.
A number of drenched wheezing Hephaestus cabin members poured out of the cabin gasping for breath..

.Several kids from Apollo cabin ran over to the Hephaestus cabin to aid the injured. Percy, Annabeth, and Kalirus joined them. Reaching the cabin they broke out the medical supplies and began tending to the various burned limbs and faces. Suddenly a girl collapsed,and someone called out she wasn't breathing. Kalirius immediately ran to her side and propping her chin up high began mouth to mouth resuscitation. He placed his hand on her chest and a golden glow came from her chest. Haley began coughing and tried to sit up.

Everyone and stopped what they were doing and stared at Kalirus. "What was that?" Will called out still running up to the scene. Chiron had just reached the Hephaestus cabin. "I have no idea," Chiron said.

Kalirus, oblivious to crowd staring at him said, "Lie still, and take slow deep breaths. You'll be okay. My name is Kalirus.".

-"What's your name?" Kalrius asked.

"H-Haley," she gasped. "Haley O' Donnel." Her hazel-green eyes were tearstrewn from the acrid smoke, and her long red hair was dirty with ash. "Th-thanks."

"No problem," Kalrius said quietly.

"A-HEM." The loud cough from behind them made Kalrius realize he was still cradling Haley. His face went scarlet as he pulled away, then helped her up. They both stood around awkwardly as the Hephaestus and Apollo cabins stared and smirked. Will Solace, however, mercifully did not. He merely grinned as he ran over and clapped Kalrius on the back.

"Well done, dude, well done!" He added in an undertone, "Now uh, you mind tellin' me how you did that?"

"I..I don't know," Kalrius stammered. He looked absolutely overwhelmed. I really felt sorry for the guy, with all that had happened to him in one day. "I-I just put my hand on her chest and-" He looked down at his hand and stopped short. His left hand was starting to glow bright gold. The glow subsided, and a symbol appeared on his palm; a lyre, the symbol of Apollo..

."Kalrius," called Chiron, "we need to talk." With that the conch sounded for dinner.

"What a day!" I said to no one in particular. "Annabeth, Percy,and Will you will join me as well," Chiron called. The tone of his voice told me something was definitely up.

"You will all eat at the head table with me!" he said. I gave him a 'what about Mr. D. look' and he intuitively answered me, "He has gone to Mount Olympis."

Dinner went swiftly with little conversation. Just the basics for Kalirus regarding the offering and how we typically eat by cabin. When dinner was over we all headed to the big house..
"We have to...to talk to someone." Chiron said as he lead us into the Big House. It looked like what you would expect from a house-sorta. Magical items layed everywhere, different pictures in frames took up the walls. We headed toward the Rec room and Chiron closed the door behind him and then out of nowhere, an Iris message appeared. It was Apollo..

.+
----
-The god shimmered before us, shrouded in rainbow-sparkling mist. He had on a white sleeveless shirt, a tan suede jacket, jeans, and classic Ray-Ban shades. It suddenly seemed weird to me that this guy, seeming around 19, had a 15 year old son. His dazzling smile nearly blinded us.

"Hey Chiron, Percy, Annabeth, Will! Long time, no see, and I see a LOT."

We all returned greetings, and Apollo's eyes fell upon Kalrius. I couldn't name the expression on his face, whether it was welcoming or apprehensive.

"Kalrius," he said sincerely. "I am Apollo, your father. I see you have discovered your, uh, gift." His eyes had dropped to Kalrius's left hand, where the symbol of a lyre had emblazoned itself in thin, brilliant gold. A smile broke across Apollo's face. "I was thinking of making it a mouse, but that seemed kinda lame."

"Speaking of which, Lord Apollo," Chiron interjected, "I would appreciate if you explained this, for lack of a better term, occurence."

"Sure," Apollo consented. "Well, it's pretty simple, actually. Your mom, Sonya, works at that spa, right? Still does acupuncture and alternative medicine? Kalrius nodded. "Well, when she means 'alternative', you don't know how accurate that is. She's really a healer, and I thought you might inherit her gift, but I wasn't sure. It turned out I was right when I saw you heal that Haley girl." He leaned in and whispered, "Cute girl, by the way." Kalrius turned red again..

.+
----
-"So..so she's like a God too?" Kalrius spoke, still blushing a shade of red.
"Not quite, she's more like a helper from Olympus to heal other Mortals. She has a gift that I gave her when I fell in love with her. Rare talent on how she used it. The Gods agreed that as long as she didn't entirely show how she did the healing, it was all right." He finished off as a smile crawled back on his face.

"Thank you, Lord Apollo, you may return to your duties." Chiron said as the Iris-message faded. We all stood there for a while and then Kalrius finally spoke.
"So can I go to my cabin now or am I still in inspection?" He asked wearily, and I wouldn't have blamed him. I would've been tired after this day.
"Well, I guess so. Goodnight, Kalrius. Your schedule starts tommorow!" Chiron noted happily.

That night, I had a weird dream; a mix of the Grey Sisters and sun glasses. Right when it was getting to a weirder part about Apollo in Faded Glory, a knock on the door woke me up.
"Percy, you there? Its Kalrius." The voice said..

.+
----
-I turned over to look at my alarm clock: 12:30am. My first instinct was to tell him to bug off, but I figured I owed him for all that had happened over the day. I sat up and staggered out of bed towards the door. I opened it to see Kalrius standing in the doorframe. "All right," I said groggily. "what's up?".

.He came into my cabin and sat on Tyson's bed. He had a scared look on his face. "what's up?" I asked again.

"Somethings not right, I need to contact my mom, right now." Kalrius said.

"Dude you know it's 12:30 am?" I said.

"Percy, please, I ha-have to talk to her where is there a phone?" He looked sick.

"Well man, I don't have a phone. Cell phones aren't cool for half bloods, but I do have a fountain! I pulled a drachma off the counter and tossed it into the fountain. Oh Iris, goddess of the rainbow accept my offering. Show us Sonya Wright in Manhattan."

There was just enough light streaming through the door from the light outside my cabin. Suddenly, an image appeared in the rainbow..

."Hmm? Oh! What the...?! Is...Is that you Kalrius? Oh my! W-Where are you? Oh my goodness you're safe! I thought something might have happened..."

It was clear she had been crying; her eyes were bloodshot and she was clutching a tissue box. I glimpsed the inside of Kalrius' house and fought back a laugh. The room was filled with weird statues and ornaments covering every wall. Statues from every corner of the world and trinkets galore, from anchors to snake-skins, beads to wooden insects, she had it all. She herself was wearing a black and purple sleeveless dress. On top of this was the most necklaces I had ever seen in one place. She had necklaces of so many lengths, thicknesses and materials that I wondered how she kept her head up with the weight of it all. As she got another tissue, the necklaces rippled and I saw one that glittered through the rest. It held two golden pieces; a bow and a lyre. Undoubtedly a gift from Kalrius' dad. Kalrius also seemed to spot it, because he seemed to stare at it with particular interest.

"I-I'm OK mom. I'm fine. This is Percy by the way. You know, Percy from school. He's brought me to this camp for...er...special people. Mom? Why didn't you tell me earlier? Why didn't you tell me that my dad was Apollo? All those times I've cried because I thought dad was dead, why did you ignore me then? Why?" Kalrius started to cry as well, but he brushed his tears away angrily.

"My boy...I'm so sorry. I tried my best to protect you from the pain. I-I knew there could never be a future between me and your dad. He's...he's a god. He will forever live in a separate world from us. I...I wanted to be with him, ofcourse I did. But he told me the truth of it. He could not bear to put us in danger just by being near him. He could not bear watching us grow old and die before him. He said it was for the best and I knew it. I vowed never to tell you so that you would not share the pain..."

"BUT I WANTED IT! I wanted it mom! Everytime you talked about dad I could see how much you still cared for him. You cried and cried all those nights, just to wake up and put on a smile just for me, but I saw you even when you thought no-one did. I wanted to share your pain, to ease you from it, to carry as much of it as I could. Mom, you are more to me then anything in the world, please don't cry for someone like him. He does not deserve you tears..." Kalrius was struggling to sit still; he wanted to lunge into his mother's arms, and he probably would have if it wasn't so obvious that a stone water basin was directly behind the spray.

"I know dear, I know." Sonya wiped away the last of her tears and took a deep breath. She visibly composed herself, and perhaps unconciously started to fiddle with the glowing necklace. "OK, calm...calm..." I thought she had started meditating, but then she opened her eyes. "Percy, hello. Sorry that you had to experience that. I've known what you are for a long time now, and I'd like to thank you for looking after my son for me."

"Mom! Percy isn't my guardian! To be honest he hasn't done much all day!"

"Hey! I did do something, I...I..." I suddenly remembered that I had infact not helped at all in Kalrius' journey here. "Er...I was the one who spotted you first." I said lamely.

"Kalrius, don't be rude. I'm sorry Percy, he doesn't mean it. He is actually very glad to be your friend. He says he hasn't got very many at school..."

"Mom! Don't tell him that!"

"Oh, so sorry dear. Anyway, are you boys at camp half-blood now?"

I started. "Mrs Sonya, how did you...?"

"Oh, I'm sorry Percy. Yes, I know of Camp Half-Blood. Such infomation is privy to those who have had contact with the greek gods. Apollo and I once talked about sending Kalrius there, but he said that the camp was potentially more dangerous then everyday life for demigods, so I never really took the idea seriously. If I'm right though, you boys are there right now are you not?"

"Yes we are ma'm, and we are unharmed. The ride here was, er..., not ideal."

"As long as you're safe, I'm happy. But Kalrius, this is where you make a dicision. I've tried to keep you from camp, but it seems Percy is with you and being a camper hasn't done him any harm. I know I've been putting this off but now it's inevitable. Do you want to stay there or here?" Mrs Wright had an anxious look on her face. I felt sorry for her, since my mom also had a rough time letting me come here as well. I wondered what I would feel if my child came to a place like this where they would be in mortal danger all the time. My thoughts turned suddenly to Annabeth. I was glad that it was night, otherwise Kalrius would have seen my face turn bright red.

"Mom, I...I want to stay here. I want to give this life a go. I've just seen my schedule for tomorrow and its totally amazing! I've got archery, rock climbing, its over lava by the way, sword fighting and chariot racing. This is the best camp ever..."

As he talked, Sonya looked dissapointed, then sad, but seeing Kalrius' enthusiasm she brightened up and finally looked content with the decision. After Kalrius had finished, she looked like she'd reached a decision herself.

"Ok, I understand. You'll have to give me the address of the place, otherwise how will I send you your clothes and favourite foods and your superman PJ's and..."

"Mom!"

"Ok ok, but seriously Kalrius, please stay in touch. Sent me this water message thingy as often as you can. Try your best at camp, I know you will be the best camper there. Also, please try talking to your dad. I know he loves you, so try to see things from his point of view. Give him a chance Kal."

"I'll try mom..." Kalrius grumbled. He didn't look too positive about that.

"Well, I guess I'd better send you boys off to sleep. Thank you again Percy for all you've done. Kalrius, please take care, and have the best time ever."

"Thanks mom." "Thanks Mrs Wright." We said.

She blew us a kiss, passed her hand through the spray and dissappeared. All was silent again except the occasional hoot of an owl and the snoring of Peleus.

"Well, you feeling better?"

Kalrius got up from the floor. "Yes, much better thanks." He walked towards the door and stood there.

"Hey Perc?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm really glad to have you as a friend."

"Hey no sweat. You'll get a whole lot more friends here at camp. And enemies, come to think of it..."

Kalrius looked out over the camp. "Thats ok. I don't know what to expect from this place but...I promised my mom I'll try my best and thats what I'll do. Sleep well Perc. It looks like we'll have a long day tomorrow."

With that he turned to go down to Apollo's cabin. I watched him go, and marvelled at just how much he looked like Apollo from behind.

.+
-I woke the next morning to a cloudless sky. I decided to take an early morning walk around the valley. As I left the Poseidon cabin, I could tell Peleus was still sleeping from the miniature mushroom cloud of smoke rising from the crest of Half-Blood Hill. Looking around, I didn't see any other campers up. The early morning sun had painted the landscape crimson and pale gold. The nasal snores issuing from the Big House told me Mr. D was still passed out on a couch somewhere. As I made my way through the near silent camp, it suddenly hit me how close this all came to being destroyed last summer. I silently hoped that nothing like what we had gone through over the last 2 years would ever happen again. I made my way to the beach, where the sand was sparkling like a field of auburn diamonds..

.+
-The waves were lapping silently as I sat down toward the ocean. The peace seemed nice and calm...and a bit overwhelming. I guess it was just about the talk with Kalrius last night. He was so happy about training and camp. I mean, the poor boy thought his dad was dead. My mind started to drift and I let the ocean sounds fill my ears. I must have been there for a while because the next thing i knew, i was rushing up the the Mess Hall for breakfast. I met up with some of Athena campers and tried to look for Annabeth. I was also hoping that Grover might show up, but with the Wild thing, he wasn't able to come recently. I grumpily got my plate and took some breakfast and sat down at my table. Annabeth nor Grover were anywhere to be seen..
-Before i sat down to eat i went and scraped some of my pancakes into the brier, "To the Gods!" Its never a good idea to forget and anger the gods, even if you were distracted they wouldn't exactly forgive you...

I sat down and started eating and thinking, Grover never ever missed breakfast (or any other meal for that matter). So where in the world would he have gone? Lord of the wilds or not, food is food. Why couldn't Annabeth be here? She would always know what to do...

Inspiration struck me (well appears being so close to Annabeth for all this time did rub off some ideas). I ran to the arena whistling for Mrs. O'Leary as i went.

Flying over the arena's wall in a single bound Mrs O'Leary crashed onto the ground scattering the few Satyrs who were running errands at this time of day. I stroked her on the head calming her down before she decided to start chasing the Satyrs for fun. "Okay Mrs O'Leary i need some help, can you help me find Annabeth and Grover?" I asked, her only response was so lick my face, which i took as a yes..
----
-Alright, you look in the forest while I look around the cabins and the Big House. When you or me found them, bark or I'll blow my whistle." She nodded and I started toward the cabins. I first checked the Athena cabin, which was empty, then knocked on the other cabins, but ended up not finding Grover or Annabeth. I started for the Big House, then I heard a big bark coming from the woods..

.+
----
-I dashed towards the baying's origins trusting Mrs O'Leary to have scared off any dangers as i thought about how the last few times i'd been in the woods certain creatures had tried to bite chunks out of me and at least that time i had a shield unlike now..

----
-I finally reached the green place where Mrs. O'Leary was sitting with her head on her paws and a sad expression on her face. I looked at what she was looking at on the ground and Grover was trying to get Annabeth awake, who was unconsious on the forest ground. Her face was sweating and she looked very tired and worn out. I stood there in shock while Grover tried to play some tunes on his pipes and say Ancient chanting.
"Wh...what happened to her?" I finally asked. Grover looked up at me with a solemn expression.
"Long story. Just go and get help...fast." He said. I looked closer at his face and he had some gashed across his face and dirt around his hands. Scratches cluttered up his elbows and knees. I quickly ran out of the forest to go get Kalrius and Chriron for help..

.+
----
-"Kalrius! Kalrius!" I shouted as i charged out from the woods and tore across the camp towards the archery range where i technically should have been practicing with Chiron. Indignantly i barged through the various sets of campers until i got to Chiron who was showing Klarius how best to hold the bow.

At the sound of my voice they both turned. Chiron immediately asked "What has happened Percy?" once i was within speaking distance. They both listened as i desperately relayed what little i knew of what had happened to Annabeth.

"There is no time to loose" Chiron said, immediately lifting Kalrius and i onto his back, then charging into the woods faster than you would have thought possible.

Finally no longer so distracted i noticed the pain i was feeling in the small of my back, my mortal point, i decided not to distract Chiron, Annabeth was the first issue, and this pain was from no physical wound..

When we reached the clearing Kalrius immediately leapt off Chiron's back and settled down beside Annabeth, holding both of his hands over a small puncture that was weeping a black syrupy substance...

.+
-"I think its some poison from...an animal?" He asked Grover and he nodded feverishly.
The glow came out of Kalrius's hand and onto the punctered mark on Annabeth. It seeped away, leaving a clean mark that was slowly fading away. Her grey eyes fluttered to life I and Kalrius carefully put Annabeth up against a tree.
"Annabeth, how did this happen?" Chiron asked with his eyes searching her. I leaned in on Annabeth and felt her forehead; it steamed under my hand.
"I...I don't know....I was running from--a big smelly..thing." She whispered and we all looked toward Grover.
"We must discuss this later. Annabeth, you must come to the Big House to rest and I will see Grover and Percy later." Chiron said as he took Annabeth on his back and sped out of the forest..

.+
----
-Grover, Klarius and I walked slowly out of the woods with Mrs O'Leary moving as stealthily behind us as a Hell hound the size of a tank can. The thought made my smile but then i sobered myself up with a thought of how much danger Annabeth had been in, I should have been with her...

"So Grover, before you sent me for help you said, 'Its a long story', we have time now" I said, staring at him pointedly.

Grover looked at me sheepishly (shouldn't that be goatishly?), "Well Annabeth wanted to talk with me, about you," He said looking embarrassed, "then suddenly out of the shadows that... that thing charged at us, Annabeth tried to stab it but her knife just passed straight through it, it stabbed her in the arm and we ran away, it didn't follow us though."

Grover thought for a moment and looked at me a puzzled look on his face, " How did you know there was something wrong anyway?" He asked.

I chuckled, "Well for a start you never miss a meal ever, but also i just had a feeling, i felt Annabeth's pain..don't asked me how"
Whilst i said this i knew he wasn't telling everything, it was a diversionary question from him, but i would get the full story later when we met with Chiron.

We got out of the woods and headed to the Big House...

.+
----
-Chiron set annabeth on the lawn chair and then he turned to us.
"Percy..how did you get to Annabeth first of all?" He asked. I explained the whole thing over to Chiron, and when I got to the part about me feeling Annabeth's pain, Chiron's expression changed completely. He turned white as a sheet and he wanted to say something, but then Annabeth moaned out loud. I turned toward her and quickly rushed at her side. She was waking up again and I reached for her hand and held it. Under normal circumstances, this would have embarrassed me a bunch in front of Chiron, but I had to let Annabeth know i was still there for her.
"Pe...percy? Where am I?" She muttered with confusion in her eyes.
"You're at the Big House. Can you remember what happened before that thing attacked you?" I asked carefully. She sat there silently, then finally spoke in a whisper.
"I was going to the woods with Grover, he was anxious to talk to me about something. When we reached into the forest, he started saying that he was worried about you. He wanted to...wanted to..--" She said, trailing off at the end and staring at Grover..

.+
----
-"Worried about what?" I asked indignantly looking between Grover and Annabeth. The two of them had conspiratorial looks on their faces.

Grover looked me straight in the eyes, "We're worried about how reckless you have been; you keep pushing yourself into ridiculous situations in training because your frustrated and your invulnerability has gone to your head. We don't want you to get hurt, your NOT immortal!" Grover explained.

"Just to check" I said, "Are you basically saying I'm reckless and big headed?" The look on my face must have been quite angry as they all shrunk back from me, even Chiron.

"Percy its not like that!" Protested Annabeth, "We care about you and I, I really don't want to see you hurt." In the mean while squeezing my hand.

"Ahem" Chiron got our attention "I believe the modern phrase for such a situation is 'Get a room' but anyway we have a problem, the thing in the woods, it must be dealt with and we must discover how it penetrated the camps protection before anything else manages to slip in, things far worse..".
----
-Like perfectly on que, a blast erupted from the amphitheater. A fire blazed from it and smoke polluted the air. Screams erupted and I quickly ran toward it with Kalrius right behind me. I felt a rush of water and a roar of the waves through my body and water drenched the ampitheatre. Kalrius ran to help the wounded and I saw Grover and Chiron with Annabeth on his back. When they reached 10 feet within me, my anger rose again.

"HOW'S THAT FOR A RIDICULOUS, BIG-HEADED, CARELESS JERK!!!!!!" I yelled and ran toward the ocean. Fury burned in me and I waded deep into the water. I made out Chiron running after me, then going toward the ampitheatre. Annabeth must have token some ambrosia or nectar because she was in fit for running after me and stopped when I leaped into the water.
"Percy. Please-we didn't mean it like that. When you feel like talking to me, I'll be in my cabin." She said, then Grover came to help her into her cabin. I felt mixed emotions well up inside me. I was feeling angry, upset, and outraged that they would have actually thought of that about me. And why did they think i was furious? I didn't let invulnerability get to me, i just messed up in training....I waded deeper into the ocean, letting my mind go blank. When i felt like i had to talk to annabeth, I climbed out of the water. It was still late afternoon, and campers had gotten back to their activities while the ampitheatre was still a bit burned down. I sighed, then jogged all the way to the Athena cabin..

.+
----
-I knocked gently upon the door knowing that I had certainly upset Annabeth and she was probably very angry with me so a big headed approach wouldn't help (Hey I'm not stupid you know! Teenagers can behave courteously when we want to). There was no answer to my knock so i rapt gently again a little harder.

The door slowly opened followed by a slap from inside. My cheek stinging I stepped inside towards an angry Annabeth hands clearly displayed as a sign of peace, she looked at me slowly: "Well have you got something to say?" she asked.

"Annabeth, I'm really sorry for my attitude of late, i just wanted to come here to appologise for being on my high horse when you were simply trying to care for me, and I, well I love you.." Her expression softened at that. "Well I guess i should do the smart thing and forgive you seeing as your too immature seaweed brain."

She slipped her hands behind my head and pulled me towards her, saying "I care for you too.." Her lips met mine and i felt better than i had in days.

I heard laughter behind me and i span towards the source, Klarius, "O buzz off" I said and pulled the door shut. Annabeth pulled away from me, "Chiron has called a council and we're late" she said as she pulled the door open and dragged me after her..
----
-Kalrius was looking back at us and smiling. That git. I was about to yell at him then Annabeth quickly whispered, "Don't. People are already staring at us." She was right. I looked around and everyone was staring in our direction. I hurried up to the Big House quickly..

.+
----
-We ran towards the big house and quickly entered. The front room was filled with all my friends sitting in a circle on the floor. Thalia was there, with a simple white smock on and goth style hair and make-up. Nico, dressed totally in black but was looking healthier and livelier than i'd ever seen him. Katie, Will and Jake were there, so were the Stoll brothers and Pollux. Clarisse was talking quietly to a girl who looked familiar, but there were also two girls who were total strangers to me. Chiron (in wheelchair mode), Grover and Mr.D. completed the circle, with Mr.D. sipping his Diet Coke thoughtfully.

"Ah, Peter Jason, finally. Miss Chase, good to see that you've recovered, and...er...Apollo boy, welcome. Take a seat. Come on, everybody shuffle round." Mr.D directed the entire circle to shuffle to allow us space. We felt like we were playing some child's game at a party.

After we'd all settled down, Mr.D took one last swig of Coke, and began. "OK, lets start with the introductions, since we have some new people here."

We all looked towards the strangers. I heard an intake of breath and noticed Kalrius staring at the girl who was talking to Clarisse. She was cute, as Apollo had noted. She had slender arms and a freckly face, topped with shoulder length red hair curled at the tips. She wore a simple orange dress, and a blue hair band. Her eyes however glowed with warmth, and as she talked to Clarisse, she was unconsciously fashioning a rose from metal wire. The sharp edges did not cut her, and within a few seconds she had made a perfect flower. When she looked around, she smiled as she caught Kalrius' eyes. Kalrius smiled back with his face a shade or two redder.

The other two were a complete mystery to me. One had thick black hair, a knee length rainbow coloured dress and a clear crystal necklass on. The other had wild white hair and dark green eyes. Her purple dress was embroidered with green symbols which change and morphed constantly, they made my eyes water just by trying to look at them. I felt a power emanate from her that I knew I had experienced before.

"Everybody, the girl next to Clarisse is Haley O'Donnel. New to the Hephaestus cabin. Today was her first day, but she didn't plan on getting soaked until canoeing practise tomorrow."

Everybody laughed, and Haley blushed at the attention. "I-I'm pleased to meet you all." she said softly.

Mr.D continued, "Anyway, the girl with the...er...colourful dress is Alison Reem, daughter of Iris."

She nodded to everyone in the circle. So this was the daughter of the Goddess of Messages? I had never seen Iris, but I wondered if she looked like her daughter?

"And finally we have Tracy Hoax, daughter of Hecate."

Silence fell other the gathering. Hecate had been partly responsible for the attack on Mount Olympus last year, and her Empousa were still my sworn enemies. I also realised where I had felt that power before. Circe, who was also Hecate's daughter, had turned me into a hamster when I landed on her island. I still had nightmares about being in the cage with the other human-turn-hamsters. As if she could read my mind, she was looking at me with a small smile, like she knew what her mom had done and was waiting to do the same to me. I glared back, but then realised we were the only ones doing this. We both coughed awkwardly and looked away.

"Well, it seems some of you have history already. Nevertheless, whilst here at camp, you obey my orders." He waved his arm and a sealed jar appeared in the middle of the circle.

"This is what we retrieved from the site where Miss Chase was attacked. The monster atempted to infect her with this substance. Luckily we had a healer on site." He turned to Kalrius. "I still don't exactly know what you did, but you did well. Anyway." He turned back to the group. "We must figure out what this poison is. That monster was unlike anything we've ever faced and if it attacks again, our healers may not make it in time. It was able to breach the magical bounderies of the camp, and has shown to be impervious to physical harm, as Miss Chase will vouch for."

Everyone looked at Annabeth. Although she had recovered, she was still quite pale and showed some signs of nagging pain. We all thought, if Annabeth couldn't even harm it, it had to be dangerous.

He reached out his hand and the jar flew into it. He started to pass it around. "Feel free to suggest anything that it might be. We need to make a start on identifying the monster."

----
-Connor Stoll was the first to speak up, "a monster that is impossible to kill with normal weapons, anyone else thinking its Hades fault?" He glared suggestively at Nico.

Nico glared right back the room growing darker with his anger. "You want to blame me like always, just because something is resistant to death does not mean it is the work of Hades or his children. If you bothered the remember my sister and Percy were nearly killed by those skeletons soldiers who were working for Atlas."

Mr D. Tapped his fingers impatiently, "have you brats finished your yapping yet? Or will i have to upset some animal rights groups by turning you into squirrels and running you over?"

I decided to step in, "Sorry on their behalf Mr. D, now guys lets get back to the matter in hand." I picked up the jar of poison, noticing out of the corner of my eye how Annabeth shied away from me the moment i picked it up.

"Now I'm not trying to blame Nico but, i have just a feeling from the poison, its origins are of the underworld. Nico you obviously know the most about the underworld, so can you enlighten us with your ideas.." (big words, happens when you date a genius).

.+
----
-Nico thought for a second or two. Then, "How about poison from Arachne? Athena did turn her into a spider, so there's no other way why the monster would attack Annabeth."
Everyone thought about this, and I have to admitt, it was a pretty darn good answer.
"The poison..comes from a spider?" Annabeth said. Everyone looked in her direction.
"No..Nico, i think that you are wrong. What kind of spider could do this damage?" Chiron spoke up..

.+
----
-Clarisse spoke up, "What about a weapon covered in the poison of Arachne? That would be just as effective as from Arachne herself and perhaps it could be used by a much stronger foe."

Chiron whispered something to Mr. D and i only heard a small snippet "awoken by the great stirring." Perhaps this was more dangerous than we has first thought, after all the Manticore was one of the creatures that arose and it was almost impossible to kill, what if something else had stirred, something strong enough to pass the protection of the camp...I mentioned my idea to Annabeth...

Chiron cleared his throat, "This council session is to be recessed until tomorrow morning, Dionysus has agreed to search for Artemis for we agree she will know of what this beast is. Until our directors return, No One, i repeat No one is to enter the woods."

I could have swore he was looking at me when he said that. But he didn't tell me i wasn't allowed to do a little reconnoitering or research..._________________.
----
-The council soon started to part while Clairesse (put of all people) and Annabeth showed the new people their cabins. Annabeth had said something about the Hermes cabin causing the explosion, but I really didn't care at the time. I headed back toward the archery range for my lessons, but no one seemed to be there since Chiron had left. I headed back to my cabin and waited for dinner to be called. When I entered my cabin, it was empty. I sighed and ran toward the fountain and found a drachma. I could at least tell my father what had happened and maybe he had an idea. I opened up the curtains and let the sunshine pour in. A rainbow formed and I threw a drachma in it. O Iris, Goddess of Rainbows, except my offering I said and then said, "Poseidon." The iris message formed into the underwater kingdom..
-There in his glittering, newly rebuilt Palace of gold my father sat upon his Throne. A certain sense of proudness came to me when i saw him, compared to the other gods he was always nice to me but in his splendor i could sense his great might, a father to be proud of. He glanced up at the Iris message an expression of curiosity rising on his face for a second before fading. "Hello Percy, how are you son?"

"I'm fine thanks dad, but we have a problem at camp, something has breached our defenses and it roaming through the woods. Unfortunately we have no idea what it is apart from our blades cannot harm it"

Another puzzled look appeared on his face, "nothing should be able to enter the camp without being invited in by someone on the inside. Only a few things have ever been resistant enough to the powers of the gods to be able to achieve such a stealth entry and they should be trapped or in Tartarus."

"Well I'm afraid what ever it is, it's here now, Dionysus has gone in search of Artemis but if she is on the hunt she could take forever to find.." I said, "Do you have any advice father?"

------------------

.+
----
-A crease lined my father's tanned forehead.

"Only stay wary, my son, and stay safe. I do not yet know what these signs mean, but they worry me. Keep your friends safe too, but be warned Percy, do not let your flaw overcome you. You are in even more danger of that, now that you are invincible."

"I will, Father," I replied.

A smile spead across my Dad's face. "Goodbye then, Percy, and good luck." Poseidon waved his hand, and the connection broke..

I stood there for a while, thinking the conversation over. Then, the horn for dinner blew. I quickly ran toward the Mess Hall. I was just offering some Ribs to the Gods, when Grover walked up to me and said in a quick, hushed tone, "Annabeth's not here. She's resting in her cabin. Chiron said it was okay for me or you to bring her some food as long as we don't give it to her too late and still offer it to the Gods. I was going to go--" He trailed, but then i stopped him. "I'll go." I made it to the table, piled some food on another plate for Annabeth, got a goblet, and headed toward the Athena cabin the second time that day..
_________________.

Last edited by Posidonsdaughter on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 5 times in total
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

KALRIUS Son of Apollo - COMPLETE the STORY Empty Re: KALRIUS Son of Apollo - COMPLETE the STORY

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: site in progress do not post
by Posidonsdaughter Today at 1:25

Re: KALRIUS Son of Apollo - COMPLETE the STORY
by Posidonsdaughter Today at 14:28

.Re: site in progress do not post
by Posidonsdaughter Today at 0:49

..+
----
-Once I reached the cabin, I balanced the plate on my arm so I could knock on the door.

"Come in!" Annabeth called.

I carefully continued to balance the food as I opened the door and went inside. "Hey. How are you?" I asked her.

She rushed over to retrieve her plate, then responded with a shrug. "Okay I guess. But-"

"But not well enough to come to dinner." I finished for her. I glanced at her with concern.

"I"m fine." she responded. I wasn't so sure; my mortal point still ached a bit. We both went and sat on her bed and began to eat. When we were done, we set our plates on the floor, and just sat, not doing anything; shifting uncomfortably.

"Umm..." I stuttered. "Would you want to go down to the beach? Or, are you not well enough?"

She gave me a wry smile, and replied, "Sure, I'd love to.".
We walked down the the beach Annabeth's head resting drowsily upon my shoulder as we went, my arm draped around her back gently guiding her safely down the slope to the beach. We wandered aimlessly along the length of the beach, drinking in each others presence and the breath taking sinking sun far across the horizon showering the world in a fading yellow and pink light. I felt like the luckiest guy on the world, what could possibly ruin an evening like this?

We lay down in a small secluded spot feeling the warmth of the sand through our exposed skin and lay there her arm draped behind my neck and her head snuggled up to my shoulder, emanating from her i could feel every beat of her heart, every breath, even deep inside a shared pain reverberated, i fell asleep to the repettative sound of of her beating heart with one thought on my mind, is this what love truly feels like?

In the middle of the night a sudden movement woke me, the ground vibrated with giant footsteps each one getting louder and louder, something heading in this direction....

I tried to wake Annabeth, but she was so groggy and weak, I had to pick her up and carry her. Normally this would have been no problem, however I felt weak too. My mortal point was throbbing making me feel like I was trying to carry Tyson instead of Annabeth. Even though the night air was cool I was sweating so much it made holding on to Annabeth even more difficult. I was moving as fast as I could, but the sand seemed to grab my feet and my hold on Annabeth kept slipping . "Father," I prayed, "help me." The still unseen creature was closing in fast. I knew I wouldn't reach the safety of the cabins before it reached us.

Suddenly a crashing sound that of a Sunami hit the shores and Annabeth and I were swooped up, but not by water, but by a pair of strong arms. The wave and arms continued to carry us to the edge of the cabins when the wave released its energy. Just then the arms grew feet running at an amazing speed. We reached Poseidon's cabin and I could only get out was a weak, "Thanks." Then a voice boomed out, "Don't worry brother, I got you safely to our cabin." And with that, Tyson gently laid us both on my bed..

.+
----
-I vaguely remember seeing Tyson as a 30 feet tall Cyclopes, but just then I passed out. It was a dreamless sleep, and when I woke up sunlight was streaming through the windows..

.+
----
-I was still very tired. I laid in bed for a minute, my arm still around Annabeth, thinking of the night's events. What was that thing that had chased us? I carefully and quietly climbed over Annabeth, trying not to wake her up, and made my way over to the salt water fountain at the back of my cabin. I scooped up a golden drachma from the fountain's depth and with the sunshine streaming throuh the windows whispered, "Oh, goddess, accept my offering." I then tossed in the golden drachma and murmured, "Tyson, Forges of the Cyclopes."

The mist shimmered, and then I saw Tyson. "Hey big guy," I said quietly.

"Percy! How are you, big brother?"

"I'm great, thanks to you. By the way, do you know what that thing was that you saved us from last night?"

"I'm not sure brother. It was surrounded in a thick, black mist."

I pondered this for a moment, but couldn't think of what it could be. I had never heard of a monster wrapped in black mist. "Hey, is dad there?"

"No, he's at the palace."

"All right. Thanks Tyson."

"Percy? Is Annabeth ok?"

I glanced back at her sleeping form, her chest rising and falling, her face peaceful, but still white with pain from pain. Now that I thought about it, my mortal point was still throbbing from the night before, but I'd survive as long as Annabeth was ok.

I turned back to Tyson. "She's fine big guy. I'll take care of her."

He gave me a crooked-toothed smile. "Good! Bye big brother! I have to make more swords." Then he waved his hand through the mist and the message dissolved..

.+
----
-I don't mean write it on the fanfiction section, but upload what you could call finish chapters from it so there is a second easier to read copy, so another place you can choose to read it rather than flicking through 7+ pages

---------------------------

"Now i'll never find out what it is," i muttered to myself. That thing had threatened Annabeth, it was not going to get away with it, no matter whose orders told me that i shouldn't.

Annabeth turned in her sleep, whispering one word.."Thalia".. before falling silent again. I slapped myself on the forehead, why hadn't i thought of Thalia? She is a hunter of Artemis, shouldn't she know all about the various monsters, and she'd defiantly want to hunt down anyone who hurt Annabeth..

I turned back to the fountain, throwing in a drachma "O Iris Goddess of the Rainbow, accept my offering," I said "Thalia Grace, Wherever she may be hunting" (hopefully Iris would be able to find her)..

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The iris message appeared and there were woods everywhere. From the scene, it was still dark wherever the hunters were. Thaila was on gaurd, it appeared, because she was outside the silver circle where the hunters slept inside of. she looked like the same we had seen her last, except she was glowing a bit more.
"Thaila!" I whispered. Like i imagined, she jumped to her feet, and held out her bow and arrow..

.+
----
-Well other than keeping this thread going as well as posting sections up in fanfiction bit, erm no ideas at the moment,

if another version of this thread is done but a more defined story line is put down at the start, because this story does seem to be.. drifting.. quite a bit, I'm bending this story towards The Gigantes and a link the the crack Nico made in Battle of The Labyrinth as the entry point. Others are pulling the storyline in a different way so its undecided and no one wants to name the monster, everyone (me especially) has dodged naming it.

anyway my bit of the story now:
----------------
"Percy!" She hissed, "What on Olympus are you contacting me for?" Her face was sculpted into a mask of shock. "You know you should not be contacting me, in anything except the most exceptional circumstances, if Lady Artemis knew..."

I blurted out, "But this is an exceptional circumstance! Some beast has slipped inside the camp and none of our weapons can even harm it, even Chiron is unaware of what it is, nothing should have been able to penetrate the camps defenses."

She looked at me as if i had made a bad joke (yeah I'm used to it), "Nothing can be so resistant to the magic of the gods, the boundary line stops all creatures from entering without permission or summoning. Nothing since. No i will mention this Lady Artemis upon her return, i will talk to you later Percy."

With that she waved her hand through the mist, severing the link, leaving me alone except for Annabeth lying there on my bed. My gods, what would people think if they saw her leaving my cabin!.

.+
----
-I quickly checked my watch and breathed a sigh of relief: breakfast didn't start for another half-hour. Than another thought occurred to me, and I groaned.

"Great, this means only the Athena cabin will know. Big comfort."

I walked back over to Annabeth, sat down next to her, and stroked her cheek. She sighed gently in her sleep. I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead. She started to stir, and slowly woke.

I whispered: "Good morning, Sunshine."

She rolled her eyes and grinned. "You too, Kelp-head." Her eyes shot open and sat bolt upright, whacking right into my forehead. "AAGGHH." We both staggered and groaned, then she said, "Oh gods, what time is it? We're dead!"

"Relax," I said. "Breakfast's in a half-hour."

Annabeth sighed. "Good. Still, I should get back to my cabin." She looked in my mirror. "My hair looks like Hades."

"Nah. Bit worse, maybe."

She threw a pillow at me, then walked to the door. She stuck her head out the door.

-FLASH!-

Through my window, I saw 2 brown-haired twins running off, then heard Travis Stoll's voice: "Idiot! I told you to turn the flash off!"

Annabeth turned around slowly, with a murderous expression on her face.

Through gritted teeth: "I am going to LYNCH those two.".

.+
----
-I sighed, "Well this is going to take a lot of explaining. Hopefully the truth might solve the problem"

Annabeth walked back and winked at me, "You mean the truth that we slept together in the same bed? Well that is just going to sound as bad as the story Stoll numpties 1 and 2 are going to come up with."

She paused with a zoned out look on her face, as if trying to recall something. "I had the strangest dream last night, i saw Thalia and you in some woods together, it felt so real, you were running forward chasing something in the distance.."

I glanced at my watch, "We can talk about this later, but for now i think we'd best get you back to the Athena Cabin before anyone else turns up." I took a peek out of the window, the area was empty enough for now, the Stoll brothers had vanished for now, probably fearing retribution. I'd get that later.

As Annabeth walked to the door she turned and pulled me towards her, she brought her lips to mine and kissed me. "I'll see you at breakfast, my seaweed brained hero." I watched her as she walked across to the Athena cabin, how lucky i was to have such a beautiful girlfriend.

I quickly pulled on a different set of clothes, Annabeth wouldn't stand for me wearing the same set of clothes two days in a row, not unless we were on a quest or something. I walked out of my cabin towards my table for breakfast, I didn't bother thinking of revenge, Annabeth would come up with some plan to deal with the Stolls..

.+
----
-I made it up to the Mess Hall and got my breakfast. "Oh Gods, accept my offering." And send me some help at it, too I mentally said as i scraped some eggs and bacon off the plate. A smell of sea breeze bursted from the fire and I smiled a bit more that morning. Annabeth was coming up the steps, looking like she had won the lottery. She quickly stopped by my table and whispered, "Stoll brothers are allergic to peanuts...." I smiled and thought of the different revenges with that. Mr. D. stood up and said, "Chiron has been gone for a while and we will still continue our schedule, expect archery will be canceled." We all cheered and then slowly drifted from the Mess hall for training.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________-
i think we should just stick with the forum, becuase everytime a new post comes, i gotta add it on to a new chapter and i don't think everyone here has a fanfiction acount because i have to add them to the co-authors, and it wouldn't be fair if i didn't.

--------------
As i walked towards the arena for some sword practice time, Travis and Conner caught up with me. "BUSTED!" They shouted as they caught up with me.

"Once those photos are printed your going to be in soooo much trouble" Travis said mockingly.

"I wonder if what Dionysus will do when he finds out, after all its been a while since we had a good squirrel hunt," Connor mentioned suggestively. They both drifted away as i approached the Arena doors, neither of them had the guts or the skill to fight me, and didn't want to give me the chance to get revenge, how little they knew.

Inside the training arena there were several pairs practicing their swordsmanship already, the only unpartnered person left was Kalrius. I walked over to him.

"So Kalrius, do you have any combat training in any way shape or form? You know martial arts, fencing, etc" I asked, (as I'm now invincible i end up training new recruits, they can't hurt me by accident).

Kalrius looked nervously at me, "erm, I'm afraid not Percy, i have never been a violent person, its not I'm my nature."

Great i thought, another whole set of basic training to do again. "Okay, well lets start off with a few defensive moves." Gradually i showed him the twelve basic sword attacks and how to block each of them.
We then moved on to practicing the moves in sequence. Over the next hour we slowly advanced to faster speeds until Kalrius felt confident with the basic moves.

I stopped us at the end of the hour. "Okay now you've got a basic grasp of swordsmanship we're going to have a little sparring." I held one arm behind my back and fought single handedly, (to give him a bit of a chance). Kalrius swung for an up cutting blow to my left arm, I span riptide up to meet it with ease, then stepped backwards allowing him to rebalance.

"Come on you can do better than that," this time he feinted a mid right slash but swung his blade down to my knee at the last moment, with the pommel of riptide i hit the side of his sword nudging it of course, but when he followed up with a kick to my chest i had to dive to the left instead of knocking the sword out of his hands.

"That was innovative, are you sure you've never done anything like this before," i reiterated my question from earlier.

"Nope, I've never done anything this cool before," He said whilst launching a flurry of jabs and slices at my torso. Cockily i slapped his blade aside by the flat of it and whipped riptide up to his jaw. "Surrender?"

"No way this is so much fun," he said whilst surprising me by spinning his sword in a circle and knocking riptide from under his jawbone. During our next blow he looked at me quizzically, "Is it true what Conner was saying about Annabeth and you this morning" he queried.

At that i regret to say i lost my temper and slammed his sword out of the way with riptide before looping my foot around his ankle and pulling him to the floor. I pinned him with riptide resting against his neck. "For your own good, don't listen to those jerks. And the story they are telling is a bunch of lies, Annabeth was in my cabin but we were not sleeping together, its a long story..." (okay so i kinda lied, its necessary sometimes)

From the corner of my eye i spotted a shield spinning through the air at my head and instinctively I removed my left arm from behind my back and snatched it out of the air, barely even looking. I had a strange feeling of water dribbling down the shield and looked up just in time to see Mrs O'Leary flying after her Frisbee shield before she slammed into me, sending me flying.

Annabeth walked over, "And that is how you beat an invincible person," she said smirking at me whilst Mrs O'Leary licked my face. Her presence made me feel much better and washed away my stirring anger.

I got up slowly pushing Mrs O'Leary off of me, i turned to face Kalrius and gave him a hand up. "Sorry i got so angry, its just those two morons have driven me up the wall for the last few years. No hard feelings?"

Kalrius looked at me, "None at all," he said looking at the knife he had poking just a centimeter from my chest. I looked down in shock, "How on earth did that get there," i said roaring in laughter. "Well played Kalrius, i'll make an expert out of you at sometime."

A horn sounded and we looked around for the source of it, there on Half Blood hill, a shining silver band in her hair, stood Thalia..
----
-We all stood there for a couple of seconds like idiots, then Annabeth ran toward the hill, crying "Thalia!!" I was about to explain to Kalrius who Thalia was, but then, Artemis appeared right next to me out of nowhere. I freaked and instinctively swiped my sword. Luckily, she caught my hand, and that was when i saw who it was. "Persues." She said calmly and i felt my face go red. "I'M SO SORRY! i j-just freaked...sorry." I stammered, but her face told me she wasn't concerned about that. "We have some mattered to discuss. I've talked to Chiron and he had agreed for you, Kalrius, and Annabeth to chat for a while together. Meet me in the Big House in twenty minutes." She said calmly, and she let go of my hand, looked at me hardly in the eyes, then she walked off to join Mr. D..

Kalrius moved up beside me, "Percy," he spoke quietly "this may seem a little odd, but how did you and Annabeth start going out?"

I looked at him curiously, I've never had anyone ask me for tips on their love life before, "If you planning any move on Thalia dont waste your time, shes vowed never to fall in love.." I said, but his face didn't show any change in emotion except for a slightly strange look he gave me.

"I don't mean Thalia, I, well I kind of like that Haley O'Donnell from Hephaestus' cabin," he shuffled uncomfortably, seeming to regret mentioning it.

I smiled, "Its nothing to be shamed of, I would give you advice on it all but, well i don't really know how exactly Annabeth and I got so close, we simply did like it was destiny with perhaps some influence from Aphrodite. We went on so many quests and relied on each other to save our lives so often, we simply fell into love.." I paused, "Well you've got off to a good start by healing her the other day." A smirk appearing on my face, "now, here come the girls so shh for now, we can talk later about this."

Thalia and Annabeth finally reached us, "Hey Perce long time no see, how the Hades are you?"

I smiled, Thalia had a way with words "I'm fine thanks, just admiring your new Death to barbie T-shirt," i said commenting on her T-shirt depicting barbie with a bullet hole in the face and her limbs charred. "You haven't changed much,"

She smiled back at me "course i haven't seaweed, I'm immortal unlike you."

We all cracked up at that, except Kalrius who didn't get the reference, for the first time Thalia noticed him. "So who would this young man be?"

"This is Kalrius, son of Apollo. Kalrius this is Thalia Grace, daughter of Zeus and a Hunter of Artemis."

Thalia glared at me,(not a very nice experience) "Percy, i don't use my surname for a reason.. also it is First Lieutenant of the Hunters of Artemis as well. So i hear you've been causing more trouble again Percy, why is it always you?"

"I don't try to, its just everything seems to follow me..." I froze, something followed us from school, something barged the Grey Sisters taxi, and now something was in the camp, i decided not to mention it until the meeting.

"Percy wake up sleepy head," Annabeth's voice pulled me back into alertness, "Do you really need a power nap now? or will every other 5 minutes suit you."

I grinned, realizing how daft i must have looked suddenly stopping mid speech and standing there, "Well i was just thinking," I glanced at my watch "we should be going to the big house now."

I slipped my arm around Annabeth's waist and we walked off towards the great house. Kalrius and Thalia tagging along behind us..

------------
Sorry i am really getting carried away writing this story, come of other people feel free to contribute, we are just making this story up as we go along!.

.+
----
-Annabeth, Thalia, and I arrived at the Big House and entered. The 3 of us walked into the main room to find Chiron, Mr. D, and Artemis all standing there looking grim. Well, Chiron and Artemis did. Mr. D just looked bored and bleary.

"Sit," Chiron said. "As you all know, these past few days at camp have seen some truly strange occurrences. At least, stranger than usual. The arrival of Kalrius with his, ah, talent, and these mysterious attacks and explosions. I am disturbed by these happenings, but if possible, I am even more disturbed by the answers we may have possibly uncovered."

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

Chiron continued. "These attacks were not caused by any monster that may have slipped inside the borders. Our only conclusion is that whatever it was has been caused by someone inside the camp. And this is what disturbs me, and what it means for us, and unfortunately, for Kalrius."

Annabeth piped up, and she sounded a little confused. "I still don't get what this has to-"

"Here." Chiron thrust forth his hand. "This was recently found near the site where Annabeth was attacked."

What I saw chilled my blood, and filled me with thoughts of anguish for Kalrius. It was a fragment of a rose petal woven from metal wire.

I stammered into speech. "B-but you can't possibly mean--Haley?! That's absurd!"

"We cannot be sure, but we have no choice. For the moment, she is our prime suspect. Haley is relatively new to Camp Half Blood, and the first of the explosions did occur at the Hephaestus cabin."

Thalia spoke. "Do you think we should confront her, question her?"

Artemis replied, "I do not think so. We have no definite reason to accuse this girl, and I will not have a maiden falsely charged. I think the wisest course of action is to simply watch her closely for now. And make sure no one grows too....close to her."

I chuckled dryly. "Don't worry, I don't think we have to worry abou..-" I tailed off as a thought hit me, and I turned to Annabeth. "Kalrius!" Her eyes widened in understanding, and followed me running out of the Big House. We dashed off looking for Kalrius. We got to the Arena, out of breath, and I saw him out of the corner of my eye. I turned around to see him some ways off, talking to someone. I looked closer, and realized it was Haley. As I watched, she turned to leave, and he placed his hand on her shoulder. She turned back to face him, looked up into his eyes, and she kissed him in a warm embrace..

.I stood there in shock as Annabeth caught up with me and looked on with me. She groaned, "Damn it! This is going to complicate things." I stood beside her nodding in agreement, i felt awful, if i hadn't encouraged him he would be fine, he would not have been confident enough... Annabeth almost like she was reading my mind turned and hugged me, "Percy, it's not your fault no one could have known."

"It is, all my fault, if i hadn't encouraged him!" As we continued watching they broke apart and separated, Haley heading back over towards her Hephaestus cabin friends, Kalrius standing there watching her go with a stupefied expression of radiant happiness shining from his face.

Artemis appeared next to me suddenly, moving more stealthily that I would have thought possible, frowning with distaste upon the closeness of Annabeth and I. "Tis good that you did not join The Hunters Annabeth" She said, "for your love was would have forced you to have broken your oath all too soon." Annabeth looked at me a smile playing upon her lips.

I turned to face Artemis "My Lady is there aught else that could have been in the woods? Could it have been a coincidence?" I implored for her to say anything, anything except that which i knew was likely to be true.

"Perseus whilst I am forever sworn a maiden, I understand your anguish for Kalrius and the love he feels, yet we must hope that there is indeed no other way for the alternatives would be far worse than betrayal." Artemis looked down at me, "do not let your guard down and trust my nephew to do the right thing when he discovers the truth as we perceive it." She smiled for a second, "though if he is anything like my brother he will cause more problems than he solves."

She started glowing and Annabeth and I turned on the spot to avoid being burnt to crisp.

We walked back towards the big house, where Chiron waited upon the threshold to inform us of his plan for surveillance and to plan how we would proceed from then on..

Re: Complete the story
by Posidonsdaughter on Fri 2 Apr - 19:58

.We reached Chiron and sat on the porch. "Now, we need to come up with a surveillance method that will enable us to keep an eye on things without so many campers knowing that the culprit will be tipped off. Miss Chase, do you have any ideas?"

Annabeth cocked her head in thought, then her eyes lit up. "Video shields!" she exclaimed. "I can use the info on the Daedalus computer and design a multi-location terminal console, that can survey the entire camp."

Chiron said, "An excellent idea, Annabeth. Now I will leave it up to you to design it and Jake Mason of Hephaestus will build it. Argus will man the console, this way as few people as possible will know about it. Let me know when you are ready to for Jake to build it. Meanwhile, I'll notify Argus and designate a room for its use......"

My concentration trailed off as I looked around. About 50 yards away I noticed a girl with wild, white hair, with her head tilted as if straining to listen. A thought occured to me, but then I dismissed it. "NO, no I thought, that's impossible. She couldn't be...listening." As I watched, she seemed to notice me staring at her. Only then did I notice a faint green aura glowing about her, which faded as she straightened up and ran off. I couldn't remember who she was, or what to make of it.

"Percy," said Chiron, "Is anything wrong?"

"No," I said distractedly, "nothing's wrong." Chiron left us and went inside. Annabeth slide up to me and gave me a warm inviting hug. She said, "Hey, seaweed brain, a sand dollar for your thoughts?" However, when she saw my face, her demeanor changed. "Percy, what's wrong? Are you feeling all right?"

Feeling! That was it. No, I wasn't feeling right, everything was feeling wrong. All of a sudden everything fell into place, it was all so clear.

"Annabeth, think about all that has happened in the past two days. We were supposed to meet on the corner of First Avenue and 70th Street to go to the movies. I suddenly discover a classmate is one of us, and I bring him along to meet you. However, what met us at that corner, a dozen Empousai all too ready to kill you, me, and Kalrius. Necessitating our taking an unplanned leave of absence from school. Then our ride to camp, we had two gods with us and yet the cab was still attacked. We get to camp and there is this horrible explosion and Kalrius has this incredible mysterious power and saves Hallie's life. Yesterday morning you almost get killed by who knows what, and if it were not for Kalrius you would be dead. And finally last night we barely escaped that same danger. Isn't it clear that someone or something is out to kill you and Kalrius."

"Annabeth do you feel anything that you have felt before. It was so clear to me but I didn't want to say it". I had to know that she sensed it too. She looked at me with a quizzical look, that suddenly turned dark, furled, and comprehending. She looked at me like she did not want this to be true. "Percy, I..I do feel darkness, evil that I haven't felt since I was fleeing for my life from the witchcraft that wanted to kill me on Circe's Island. Oh Percy, Circe is a daughter of Hecate and now her children are campers. Percy what does it mean?"

I didn't know what to say she too had figured out this nightmare. Dared I think no less say that a child of Hecate was hell bent on killing her for vengence.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry, this the third time I typed it at times I really hate computers..
RICK TALKING at the lecture in NYC "When I showed The Titan's Curse cover a child calls out,'Look he's riding a HIPPO!' another child trying to make me feel better says, 'its not a hippo Mr. Riordan, it's a MOOSE!!!' so that's Percy riding into battle on his WAR MOOSE!!!!"[img]
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent: Posidon
Number of posts: 1114
Location: In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor: Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date: 2010-01-28

by veni-vidi-vici on Sat 3 Apr - 5:15

.+
----
-"Tracy Hoax," I whispered the name, fear in her voice. "She's going to be after us both now... Kalrius as well maybe, but us definitely." I held Annabeth more tightly, "I won't let anything else happen to you, not so long as i live" I promised.

"But Percy, we can't stay together always, we'll always be in danger, in cabins anywhere where we can't guard each others backs." Annabeth looked at me her face morbidly worried. "Your back especially," she whispered moving her hand down to my lower back. My gut twinged, I glanced around checking that no one was watching, as far as I could see there was no one near by.

I thought for a moment, the place where I was strongest was near water, it was the safest place that we could be, in the ocean almost nothing or no one could pose a threat to me, a son of Poseidon. "Annabeth, there is one place we could go, my fathers palace would be safe for us, not even Hecate would dare threaten us there..." Annabeth placed a hand on my chest and with the gesture silenced me.

"Percy, we cannot run away from her, however I must agree that we will only be truly safe together," Annabeth stated. "Now remember our first good kiss? How are your air bubble skills these days?" A smile appearing on her face for the first time at our treasured memory. I grinned also at the memory not exactly getting what she was on about it for, it was not like we could sleep underwater in a bubble. Her words suddenly made sense, if the safest place for us was underwater and together, then that was exactly where we would be.

Annabeth freed herself from my arms, "now I need to go make some arrangements, not to mention talking to Chiron about our ideas and getting some permission for our little escapade, I don't want to be expelled. Go pack us some stuff and then keep it hidden, she pulled on her cap and vanished suddenly, "Don't worry I will be keeping safe," a disembodied voice called to me before an invisible set of lips kissed me.

As I walked towards the cabins I thought about how we would actually deal with this Tracy Hoax girl, we could hide and we could defend ourselves but none of it would be to any avail unless we could deal with the core issue, the longer she was free to roam around free the more chance there was that one of her ambushes would succeed, as somebody famous once said 'the best defense is a good offense'... We could discuss that tonight however.

I reached the Athena Cabin and poked my head inside, no one was there. I walked over to Annabeth's bed amused by the memory of how she was generally incredibly hostile to anyone who touched her stuff. I packed some clothes and toiletries, it was only going to be one night for now. I saw a bag of peanuts sitting by the foot of Annabeth's bed, I would be paying a little visit to the cooking pot with those, see how the Stoll's felt after a bit of Peanut soup for dinner..

Imortal Parent: Athena
Number of posts: 479
Humor: It's a gods Damned Toaster Party
Registration date: 2010-03-20

by tinkerirock on Sat 3 Apr - 10:51

.+
----
-After I stashed the peanuts in my pocket, I headed toward the Apollo cabin. If you've never been in there, consider yourself lucky. There were people all crammed onto bunks and iPods, laptops, and most of all, solar panels covering the cabin. I found Kalrius in a bunk and told him about what we had figured out. He agreed and quickly packed his things. I found a shock of how much stuff he already had gotten. He had managed to stash some Coke (we weren't allowed to have outside drinks, but if you knew the right guy in Hermes's cabin, he could slip you some drinks), some cool gadgets, and his clothes. We met Chiron and Annabeth near my cabin. I was packing my things while Chiron was talking.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

--Great job, guys! this story is becoming awesome!!.
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘
Peace-Love-Happiness
tinkerirock
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent: Aphrodite
Number of posts: 910
Humor: *just point and grunt**
Registration date: 2010-01-23

by Pendragon on Sat 3 Apr - 13:25

.+
----
-Chiron looked uneasy as he talked to us. "Percy, Annabeth, I understand your desire to stay safe together, but I need you two here at camp for now. The video-shield network is almost online, and Argus and I will do everything we can to keep you all safe. Please, consider what I am saying. If you two go into hiding underwater in the sea, yes, you will be protected by Percy's powers, but you will be outside the camp borders, and thus more vulnerable to attack. It will be much better if you--"

An explosion shook us off our feet. This was different, though. The tremors kept up, and grew stronger. Chiron quickly slung us on his back and galloped off towards the source of it, towards the new cabins. What I saw didn't make any sense, though. Multi-colored, pulsating globes of energy were exploding all around. It got weirder when I saw a green globe explode right on a tree, but instead of being reduced to a crater, everything in its blast radius had been turned to...sparrows, flying around and chirping. A thought hit me: the Hecate cabin was built from magical stones. If one of them had shattered...

"Chiron!!" I shouted over the din. "Take us to the Hecate cabin!" He changed course and headed towards it. The maze of explosions grew thicker, and we had to walk carefully to avoid them. Finally, we arrived at the Hecate cabin. I took one look, and saw the problem: a huge chunk had been blown away from the wall, and little multi-colored sparks were flying from the wall, which grew into pulsing globes as they sped away. Chiron stepped back, raised his hand, and shouted something in Ancient Greek, which I translated as: "O GODS, CEASE THIS DISCORD!" Immediately, the globes faded and vanished. We looked around and surveyed the damage. Large chunks of landscape were missing, and odd assorted things covered the area: birds, insects, flowers. Some areas had been turned completely to stone. I did a quick check and was relieved; no campers had been caught in the blasts.

Chiron turned to us. "We must get to the Big House, review the video recordings." We agreed, and rode off. In a few minutes, we were through the front door, rushing to the video room. Argus was already there, madly typing on the console as different images of the camp flashed by on the shield monitors.

"Well?" Chiron asked Argus. The eyes on the back of his head darted nervously. he hit several keys on the console and one monitor switched to a recording of the Hecate cabin, several minutes ago. As I watched, someone sneaked up to the side of the cabin, placed a jar full of green liquid next to the wall, and ran off. A second later, I watched as the Greek Fire blew up, blasting a crater into the side of the wall. It began to spark, and soon the globes were exploding all around. Argus paused the recording and looked back at us.

Annabeth reached over Argus and started tapping on the console. "I'm going back to the part where the Greek fire was planted," she explained. The monitor image froze on the saboteur, and zoomed in. It was a girl with dark red hair. I was devastated as, from a close-up angle, I watched Haley straighten up, smirk, and run off. Argus ended the recording. We all stood around, stunned.

"Come on," I said miserably. "We need to find Kalrius. He needs to see this.".
To the edge of night, until the stars are all alight,
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade,
All shall fade, all shall......fade." PIPPIN
Pendragon
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent: Hephaestus
Number of posts: 455
Humor: Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Registration date: 2010-02-05

by Posidonsdaughter on Sat 3 Apr - 17:23

.I ran down to Apollo cabin but no one was there. As I turned, trying to see Kalrius, I noticed a small group of campers near the Arena. When I reached the Arena there were several groups of campers with Apollo campers at each. A number of people had been superficially injured, and there slings and bandages galore. Finally I saw Kalrius, but I didn't like what I saw or heard.

"Shut up, you liar, where the hell you get an idea like that?!" bellowed Kalrius. "I won't shut up, I saw her leave something next to the cabin just before the first explosion!" yelled Connor Stoll. "Your an idiot, she wasn't anywhere near the cabin!" returned Kalrius. "She was with me when the explosion went off!"

Running to join the group, I yelled, "Stop!" just after each had thrown their first punch. "That will be enough! Connor, Kalrius, and Haley come with me right now to see Chiron. Everyone else finish up here and return to your cabins until dinner."

Connor's eye was already turning black and blue. I felt no sympathy for the little creep. Kalrius didn't look injured. Haley looked distressed and confused by the entire proceedings. If it was not for the fact that Kalrius was holding Haley's hand and was more concerned about Haley's state, he would been all over Connor shooting him angry looks.

We reached the Big House no too soon. Kalrius, satisified that Haley was okay, turned his attention back on Connor. Chiron met us at the door and from Connor's face, assessed the situation. "Kalrius and Haley, sit here. Connor and Percy, come with me."

He sat with his full attention on Connor as he explained what he saw had seen and the Kalrius confrontatation. Satisfied, Chiron dismissed Connor back to the Hermes cabin, with strict instructions to stay at the cabin until dinner.

He called to Haley and Kalrius to come into the living room. Annabeth had joined us. "Kalrius, I want you to tell me of this afternoon's proceedings from an hour before the explosion."

"Haley and I had just finished our afternoon activities and had dropped off our equipment at each of our cabins. We were headed for the beach when Haley needed to stop at the girl's room for a moment. She came back out and we had just started walking again when the first explosion went off. We tried to take cover behind a grove of bushes when Haley was hit by debris from one of the of the other explosions. When everything had settled down, we joined the campers at the Arena, and started caring for the injured. Then that idiot Connor began lying about Haley and I.." "That will be enough Mr. Wright," Chiron interrupted.

"Miss O'Donnell, is there anything else that happened that you would be able to add?" Haley sat there looking like a doe trapped in front of a car's headlights. In a shaky voice she started, "I..I..I didn't do it!" and she burst into tears and sobs so loud, I thought the entire camp could hear her. Annabeth instantly was by her side with tissues and an arm around her. It took several minutes before she regained her composure and was able to continue. "I left Kalrius to use the girl's room and I came back out and noticed someone running away from the Hecate Cabin. She had red hair llike me and I wondered who she was. I joined Kalrius and started to ask him if he had seen the girl when the cabin exploded."

Annabeth started, "You saw another red haired girl?" That will be enough Miss Chase," Chiron said. "Haley, is that all? Tell me, was anyone else in the girl's bathroom? "No one." answered Haley. "Did anyone see you go into or out of the bathroom?" "No one, sir." "I did, I saw her." said Kalrius. "No you didn't, Kal the door was at the back side of the building," said Haley. "Alright then," said Chiron, "I want to go out and sit on the front porch for a few minutes. We will join you shortly. If anyone approaches you, come back in and call for us immediately. Do you understand?

Kalrius, I want you to join us in another room." We all walked into the new surveillance room. "Kalrius, you are not to tell anyone, especially Haley, about this room or what you are about to see." Argus was sitting at the console and on Chiron's request replayed the sceen of Haley planting the bomb.

"That's impossible!" Kal yelled. "She didn't, she couldn't have..." "Kalrius," said Chiron with concern in his voice, "I know this is difficult for you to see, but we have this proof. That is Haley, placing a Greek fire bomb." Kalrius was anguished. "Why would she?".
RICK TALKING at the lecture in NYC "When I showed The Titan's Curse cover a child calls out,'Look he's riding a HIPPO!' another child trying to make me feel better says, 'its not a hippo Mr. Riordan, it's a MOOSE!!!' so that's Percy riding into battle on his WAR MOOSE!!!!"[img]
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod

by Pendragon on Sat 3 Apr - 18:43

.+
----
-The recording ended, but Kalrius kept staring at the blank monitor, a defeated expression on his face.

"Kalrius," I started, but he ran from the Video room to where Haley was waiting. She looked up, and what little composure she had recovered vanished as she saw his face.

"W-what is it?" Haley said shakily. "What's-"

"How could you?!" Kalrius cried in a strangled voice. "How?! You-you told me you didn't do it!" He looked at her, slightly horrified. "It-it was you? All this time? You..were trying to...KILL me??"

"No!" Haley sobbed. "I-it wasn't me! H-how can you think that? I told you!"

"I saw you on a video recording!" Kalrius yelled, and I heard anger mixed in with his anguish. "I saw you plant that bomb! And I'll bet you caused all that other stuff, too! Like that explosion at the Hephaestus cabin-"

But Haley interrupted him, and fresh rage rang in her voice. "And WHY THE HELL would I cause that?! I'm a child of Hephaestus, stupid, and in case you forgot, I NEARLY DIED!! As Haley spoke again, I could hear the anger in her voice falter as tears poured down her face. "I could never do those things, and I thought you knew me well enough to know that! Kalrius, please, believe me." She walked up to him and grasped his hand. He let it slip from his.

"I thought you were my friend," he said coldly.

Those words broke something in Haley. She ran, sobbing utterly, from the Big House. Kalrius stood there, a stony expression on his face. After a minute of cold silence, Kalrius slowly trudged outside..
Pendragon
Minor Demigod

Humor: Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

by penguinsoldier on Sat 3 Apr - 20:42

.+
----
-Me, Annabeth and Chiron stood there dumb-struck. Kalrius was heading back to the arena to help the other Apollo healers. He looked dejectedly at the chaos and debris of the explosions; the damage was all too obvious. Craters the size of wells were everywhere. Animals of all sorts flew/scampered/slithered about the camp, all of them unused to their new habitat. A thick green acrid fog was spreading slowly over the camp. I saw an innocent dove fly into it and emerge a pixie.

"Chiron, we need to do something about that." I said and pointed to the magic cloud.

Chiron regarded the cloud for a time and then turned back to me. "Percy, I think you can do that by yourself."

"What do you mean?"

"Lord Poseidon is ruler of the seas, yes, but he is also the storm bringer. What we need now is a stiff wind to blow that fog away. Just try it Percy, i'm sure you'll find you have no small influence on the great winds themselves." With that he turned away with his arms folded, faced the camp and waited. Great, I thought. Another opportunity for me to screw up and make things worse.

"But I..." I started to explain, but Annabeth put a hand on my shoulder. "Do it Percy, I know you can. Chiron has faith in you, and so do I. It's only a little breeze we need, nothing major." She gave me a reassuring smile, and I felt like everyone I loved smiled with her. It had the same calming effect as when my mom smiled, and I swear for a moment I tasted chocolate chip cookies. I took courage and reached for the wind. The pit of my stomach suddenly gave a lurch; it felt like there was currents of air fighting inside it. From across the lake, which was usually placid, i could see the head of a wave coming striaght towards the beach. It buffeted up the sand, scattering parasols and beach balls. A single ripple of grass shot right up to the cabins, and hit the cloud head on. Instantly the fog was ripped and torn aside by the wind, then it started to move with the current, but slowly. I urged it to go faster, and felt my stomach tug harder. In seconds the cloud was all but gone. I finally let out a sigh and moved to wipe my forehead. Without noticing though, I had taken Annabeth's hand in mine. She was looking at me with pride and love. Chiron patted me on the back and galloped of to help the campers at the arena.

We looked out over camp to check if I had blown aside anything else. Apart from the beach, all seemed fine to me. My eyes came to rest once again on the Hecate cabin, and I spotted Tracy. She was not alone. She and the Iris girl, Alison Reem, were comforting another girl as they walked away from the chaos. They had their arms around her shoulder, and the one in the middle was visibly sobbing. I watched them as they walked, convinced of some plot that they shared. Suddenly Tracy stiffened, and turned. Alison noticed and turned to see what she looked at. Tracy was staring straight at us. The girl who was in the middle turned finally, looked at us, and then ran of crying again. It was Haley. Alison called out to her, flashed us an angry look, then ran off after her. Tracy remained, fixing us with a hollow look. When I could take her look no longer, I was about to confront her; she gave a sad shake of the head, turned and ran off too.

"Annabeth?" I said. "Did you see what I just saw?"

"Yeah. I-I'm certain. But why? It doesn't make sense..." Annabeth looked worried. I knew she shared my doubts.

I nodded and serched for her again. She was gone. Nobody else seemed to have noticed our stand-off, and I was glad of that. I had enough questions already without anybody asking me further ones. I just couldn't figure out Tracy's expression. It didnt fit the theory that we had. The look on her face was of genuine sadness and regret; as genuine as the tears in her eyes..
by Posidonsdaughter on Sat 3 Apr - 22:29

.Annabeth left me to run in to get her baseball cap. I stood there trying to comprehend everything that had transpired today. Heaing Annabeth calling to me I went back into the surveillance room. There Argus showed us the footage of Kal and Haley returning their gear to their cabins and walk holding hands toward the beach. They stopped at the restrooms and Haley went around to the girl's side, entered and exited several minutes later. And resumed their walk until the explosion.

"I don't understand it," I said. "How did she get to Hecate's cabin and back. This showed the events exactly as Kal had described them. Except for the 2 or 3 minutes that she was inside and the couple seconds going around the corners; she couldn't have done it." "Unless," Annabeth added, "she climbed out a window and made it to and from Hecate's cabin without being seen."

But that would have meant she would have had to hide the Greek fire in the girl's bathroom. The windows are high and small. How could she have climbed back in?" "Well," added Annabeth, "she when might have the ability to transport from place to place." "Or," I said, "she can become invisible." We just looked at each other.

With that Argus tapped my arm and pointed at a very clear picture of Haley as she stood up from placing the Greek fire next to the wall. I didn't notice anything, and was about to ask what when Annabeth said, "Look at her eyes. She has very blue eyes in this picture." "So," I added. "Percy, Haley's eyes are green not blue." I just stood and stared in amazement.

"We need to find Chiron, Kalrius, and Haley and show them this," I said. With that the conch sounded for dinner..
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod

by tinkerirock on Sun 4 Apr - 10:33

.+
----
-We ran to dinner and we saw Kalrius looking pale but he was scraping food off his plate. Thaila was with the hunters but she also looked down. Chiron came to me and Annabeth and said, "I would like all four of you, Kalrius, Thaila, Annabeth, and Percy, to sit with me at me main table". We moved toward the table and quietly sat down. Kalrius seemed upset, but at least he was eating. Annabeth and I told him about what we saw..
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘
Peace-Love-Happiness
tinkerirock
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent: Aphrodite
Number of posts: 910
Humor: *just point and grunt**
Registration date: 2010-01-23

by Posidonsdaughter on Sun 4 Apr - 16:13

.We had been so busy for the past few days, we forgot Spring Break was past starting and there was an influx of campers on Friday evening. The volume from conversations in the pavilion was a loud roar. Everyone was talking about the strange happenings of the past 3 days. Frequently campers would stop talking and stare or point fingers toward the main table. Ocassionally, girl's high pitched giggles were heard and I dreaded the conversation had turned to Annabeth and me.

For the second time in three days Dionysus was absent from camp, which was odd. He had been away for both episodes of explosions. I wasn't sure what to make of it.

Being Friday evening we were suppose to have a game of capture the flag. Annabeth's attack had suspended anyone from going into the forest. This too had campers grumbling both about thee game possibly being canceled and others afraid it would take place. The volume of conversations had gotten so loud that I could barely her Annabeth telling me to look. Suddenly the pavillion became silent and everyone was looking at the entrance. There stood a vision, a girl with radiant red hair dressed in a floral dress that so complimented her figure, face, and hair she madeen I heard the sweet you think of Cinderella at the ball.

"Who is that?" I had barely said, when Annabeth called out, "Rachel!" What! The transformation was too incredible to believe. It really was Cinderella except it was Rachel Elizabeth Dare in high heals, a dress and makeup.

Rachel appproached the main table and conversations began again hot and furious. Annabeth jumped up to run and hug Rachel. She looked like Barbie and then I saw Thalia scowling at her. My first thought was Rachel had become a Finishing School Automaton.

As Chiron was ordering another chair for Rachel, she was saying hi to everyone. Then I heard the sweetest words. "Annabeth, can I borrow some of your clothes and get out of this hideous getup?" Di Immortales, she hadn't changed.
As she ate, we found out that the only way she could come to camp for spring break was if she attended the Spring Social Luncheon with her parents. They drove her directly to the camp after the luncheon and what was packed in her suitcase was nothing she wanted to change into.

We all ate quickly. Annabeth and Chiron had a private chat. Then she and Rachel ran off towards the Athena cabin. I was not happy to see her go, unprotected. I wanted to go after her, but Chiron wanted to speak with me first. He had decided Annabeth should stay at the Big House for saftey. I opened my mouth , but he quickly added I would be staying there too.

Chiron called, "Quite," and everyone settled down quickly. "I would like to welcome back all the campers who have joined us for spring break. We will not be have capture the flag tonight, due to.." and suddenly there was a horrific screaming from several girls.

I leapt up from the table, my blood like ice in my veins, As I ran d sbuource of the screams, I uncapped riptide which grew to a sword in my hands. I neared the girls and what I saw chilled my blood even more so. A dark mist or cloud in the undefined shape of an insect, like a spider had encirlced the girls, 4 of them, with black strands that looked like a fence. No one appeared injured, but I was surprised to see Haley and Tracy with Annabeth and Rachel..

Last edited by Posidonsdaughter on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:40 pm

.Complete the story started by tinkerirock on Tue 23 Feb - 19:42
-First topic message reminder :

okay here's the start up

There once was a kid named Kalrius. He was the Son of Apollo. He figured out he was a half-blood when he met Percy at school one day..

.Re: Complete the story
by veni-vidi-vici on Mon 5 Apr - 6:29

.+
----
-Sorry for the Star Wars stuff, it was a too good opportunity to resist. And I REALLY got carried away writing this section, its a chapter in its own right.. anyway:

Next author: Yes your going to have to write the prophecy, have fun

-------------------------
"Percy! Stop!" Annabeth shouted at me, "It's a trap, get back before you get entangled too." I suddenly saw the danger some tendrils of the foggy thing, their prison had be sliding towards me feet trying to trap me like the girls were. I slashed Riptide through the bonds, but as had happened to Annabeth in the woods the blade passed straight through. I leapt back cursing as the tendril stabbed at me, what ever magic this was it was surely of the darkest kind.

I looked suspiciously at Tracey, she had a strange look on her face which I regarded as panic, little did I know at that time. She appeared to be muttering something under her breath, I thought maybe she knew some counter spell, could she free them, after all as a daughter of Hecate she must know a lot about all magic including the dark stuff.

Annabeth appeared to be shouting something at me but I could no longer hear her, the fog around the bars of their prison was thickening, sealing them off from me. I tried dodging the tendrils and get close enough to the bars to slash them apart, they were surely made of a different material than this fog.

A tendril slipped behind my guard and lashed for my back, an arrow sprouted through it, pinning it onto one of the cages bars. I glanced backwards for only a moment and saw Thalia with her bow drawn standing a hundred odd meters behind me. A sudden high pitched scream threw me to the floor in agony and a out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash as the cage vanished, along with everyone inside. "NO!" I shouted pointlessly at the air, I had failed Annabeth, she was gone!

Thalia grabbed me by my shoulder and pulled me out of my fit of rage. I suddenly noticed, sitting where the cage had been. Something I had not seen in a while, not since the arch. There stood the Chimera, far bigger than when I had last seen it. It looked dazed, I guessed it must have been from its unexpected transportation here, the only reason it had not attacked us yet. My pursuit of Annabeth would have to wait a while, I would be no good to her dead.

Thalia stood beside me, "Percy, do you know the legend of how the Chimera was slain?" she hissed, her body still as a rock. Without turning my head from the monster I whispered back, "Only that it was like stopped breathing somehow, something to do with lead."

"That is right Percy, we need to get some lead down its throat so if suffocates," She said looking at me, "Hephaestus's Cabin is our best bet." We slowly stepped backwards avoiding any sticks or twigs that could draw its attention towards us. Slowly for no obvious reason its head turned towards me glaring, as if remembering its escaped meal from all those years ago. It leapt straight for me, I ducked and it sailed straight over my head slamming into a tree behind me, as its snake tail snapped at me I slapped it aside with riptide. "Thalia go find some lead I'll hold it off," I shouted, being all but completely invulnerable made me feel a lot more confident these days, even this huge goat/lion/snake would find me an awkward mouthful.

"Sit boy!" I said jokingly, all that it did was pounce at me again, I nimbly side stepped then back flipped as it let a torrent of fire off at where I had been standing a second earlier. Yes i have had enough of being burned in the past, honestly I have even had lava thrown at me, trust me it hurts. I spent the next 5 minutes dodging blasts of fire, until it tried to bite me with its snake tail, it missed and sunk its fangs into a small tree, a black poison swelling out.

Realization slapped me in the face, the chimera is what must have attacked Annabeth, it must have been trapped inside the shadow cage by someone and then it attacked Annabeth, with the only part of its body which could reach outside the cages boundaries. Anger filled me, how dare this monster attack Annabeth, I felt a familiar tug in my stomach and suddenly the chimera froze mid bound, sucking for air. Somehow I was choking the beast to death, like Darth Vader in the movies! This was awesome! It crumpled into dust leaving only a set of fangs lying on the ground next to me.

Thalia stood outside the Hephaestus cabin looking at me in shock, a lump of lead tied to the end of one of her arrows. She slowly walked over to me, amazement displayed openly on her face. "Percy, how the Hades did you do that?" she asked.

"I, I don't know," I stuttered, "I was just so angry with losing Annabeth.." I looked down noticing for the first time, a small puddle sitting a few feet from the teeth. Thalia followed my look and saw the puddle, then looked between me and the puddle.

She smiled, "Well I guess your little buddy had a drink recently, and you choked him to death with it." She looked almost afraid of me. I looked about to see what damage had actually been done to the camp before I had killed it, standing by the dining pavilion stood the majority of the camp, all with some fear and/or admiration inscribed on their faces. I thought about it, if I had just seen someone choke a monster to death with some water I would imagine I would be pretty afraid.

Chiron cantered over, "Percy, that is a very powerful gift you have, however you must swear something to me: that you will never use that on a human or demigod ever, swear it on the Styx."

I turned to Chiron and said, "Chiron you are afraid that I will go mad with power, and I understand your fears, yet I find your lack of faith disturbing. I swear upon the river Styx that I will never use that power on a human or demigod ever."

Chiron sighed with relief, "Percy I imagine you are quite distressed right now and exhausted, I must order you to rest, tomorrow we must start the hunt." He turned to Thalia, "Have you your goddess' permission to accompany Percy upon this quest?"

Thalia nodded to my relief, "I do Chiron, and I am prepared to do whatever must be done to save Annabeth."

"Very well, now both of you go get some sleep, I must deal with this fit that the Stoll brothers seem to be in." He looked at me an eyebrow raised, "It seems to be the revenge of someone, for certain pictures."

At that I smiled, "Peanuts Chiron," I shouted as he walked away. I turned to Thalia, "I won't give up on Annabeth, no matter what the cost." I walked away to my cabin, never having felt so lonely in my life..

That night I dreamed of Rachel's room, well her loft, She sat there on a stool her eyes glowing green. "Ask your question seeker..." She said to me...

by Pendragon on Mon 5 Apr - 12:17

.My dream self asked, "How can I save my friends?"

Rachel spread her palms, and green mist enveloped me. When my vision cleared, I saw a craggy mountain, dimly lit by faint torchlight. Stars gleamed overhead, and a deathly pale moon hung framed in the sky. I moved toward the base of the mountain, and saw a temple hall roughly carved into the mountain face. I entered the hall, which was lined with green torches, bathing the hall in eerie, green flickering light. As I moved down the hall, I saw writing carved on the walls, in Ancient Greek, in Latin, and in strange, runic markings. Somehow I knew they were records of magic. I reached the end of the hall, and a towering marble black statue came into view. It had the body of a woman, and three heads: a dog, a horse, and a lion. All of a sudden, the dog head spoke with Rachel's voice:

"Three shall journey to the Queen of Night,
To rescue four, they combine their might,"
The dog head fell silent and the horse head spoke:
"For one, her name shall she redeem,
Another is not what she may seem,"
And then the lion head delivered the last two lines:
"But unless the lover's vigil keep,
Be torn apart in eternal sleep."

I woke with a start, my face clammy with cold sweat..

Last edited by Pendragon on Mon 5 Apr - 15:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

Pendragon
Minor Demigod

by veni-vidi-vici on Mon 5 Apr - 16:51

.+
----
-I shifted uncomfortably from under my sheets, whilst my clothes were dry the bedding was soaked in sweat. There was no way that such a dream could be just a dream, it must have been a true prophecy.

So Annabeth, Rachel, Haley and Tracey were alive, for the moment. In this mountain temple dedicated to Hecate, no one else would have so much magic around their temple. At least I had a destination now, a place to channel my efforts into finding. Chiron surely knew where this would be.. I told myself I would consult him a little later. But who had actually sent them there, I resolved to tell Chiron he would be able to make sense of it all..

I lay about restless in bed, I couldn't wait to be off once Chiron was able to decipher the riddle. The moment I saw a ray of light on the distant horizon through the window I leapt out of bed pulling on some clothes. The moment I was presentable I sprinted over to the Artemis Cabin, I knocked quickly and began to open the door when a force blasted me straight back, away from the doorway.

I lay stuck down on the ground until the door opened and Thalia stood there laughing at me, "Percy! You know how much Artemis dislikes boys and you try and enter her cabin," Thalia stumbled over to me laughing. "The Lady Artemis does not grant entry of any boy into her cabin," she smirked at me then stepped back inside the door and did something because the force pining me down was lifted.

She stood there whilst I picked myself up off the floor and dusted myself down. "So whats the rush? I am as anxious as you to search for Annabeth but we don't exactly know where we're going.." She looked at me with sudden comprehension on her face, "you, you had a vision? We must talk to Chiron now."

We both made our way over to the big house and knocked on Chiron's door. A sleepy voice shouted at us from behind the door, "What on Olympus do you want at this time in the morning?"

I looked at Thalia, my expression clearly readable, had he actually forgotten about Annabeth so fast? or was he being a grumpy horse today? "Chiron, it's Percy, I've.. well I've had a sort of.. dream prophecy..."

The door opened suddenly and there stood Chiron, his tail quite visibly in curlers. "You had a 'dream prophecy'? Is this some kind of joke?" He looked at the expression on our faces and then he followed our gaze, "Oops, erm would you two mind waiting on the porch whilst I erm, prepare myself." His face flushed red. "And will you please not tell anyone, it would be terribly embarrassing if anyone found out." The door closed quickly in our faces.

Thalia and I took up seats on the porch and settled down in silence waiting for Chiron. I knew that Thalia was thinking the same as me, every second waiting was a second less to find Annabeth before anything should.. happen to her... We both looked up at a clopping noise and Chiron stood before us. "So tell me about your Prophecy, every word" I started to tell him, every word burned into my memory....

by Pendragon on Mon 5 Apr - 18:25

.+
----
-Chiron listened intently as I relayed the prophecy. When I had finished, Chiron remained silent for a moment, then spoke.

"This places the importance of a quest to retrieve the four girls on an even higher level. My interpretation of the prophecy is thus: 'Three shall journey to the Queen of Night.' This line is quite straightforward, for The Queen of Night is merely another name for Hecate, goddess of magic. Whichever three takes this quest shall, I think, have to find Hecate's domain to resolve this matter.
'To rescue four, they combine their might.' Whoever goes on this quest shall have to work together to succeed.
'For one, her name shall she redeem.' Judging from the happenings of the past few days, this line most likely applies to either Tracy or Haley. The same goes for the next line,
'Another is not what she may seem.' One shall be proven innocent, and one is concealing secrets.
'But unless the lover's vigil keep.' I would assume this line speaks of you, Percy, or Kalrius.
'Be torn apart in eternal sleep.' If you or Mr. Wright do not succeed in your 'vigil', someone may consequently die. The next question is who shall go on this quest." He looked at me.

"I'm going," I replied without delay.

"So am I," Thalia piped up.

"Very well," consented Chiron. "And the third?"

"I know who should go," I answered, "But I'm not sure he'll want to. Not yet, at least." I got up and left for the Apollo cabin, to wake Kalrius..
Pendragon
Minor Demigod

by veni-vidi-vici on Tue 6 Apr - 3:56

.+
----
-I walked over to the Apollo cabin slowly, I was wondering whether it was the correct thing to do to tell Kalrius the full extent of the prophecy. If he was truly this deep in love then it could break his heart, and what would he do if it turned out to be Haley who is this 'Another is not what she may seem' if that was Haley we would have to fight her, Kalrius wouldn't be able to do it.. Then again ignoring prophecy was not something I wanted to do, and though it felt incredibly selfish, if Kalrius was with us then the last line could not only mean Annabeth..

I saw a bucket of water and I poured it over my head, who the hell was I to be so selfish and heartless. I could keep a vigil, whatever it was, much better than Kalrius. Perhaps it would be best if only Thalia and I went along alone, then Haley should be in no danger. I sighed, Kalrius would insist on coming anyway so I should probably just get used to it and except the prophecy for what it was.

I was suddenly in front of the Apollo cabin, it was if it had appeared from nowhere because I was so distracted, something I would have to deal with, a distracted halfblood is a dead halfblood. I rapt gently only the door and was surprised when it swung straight open and Kalrius stepped out a rucksack slung over his back. "I'm ready to go, and you are not going to stop me..." He said with confidence.

I looked at him and smiled, "Well if you insist, I was planning on bringing you along anyway, just promise me one thing, you won't do anything stupid." He looked at me, his expression saying are you serious?

"I've heard the stories about what you've done Percy, your hardly one to talk about not doing stupid things, but very well I will do my best to avoid doing anything stupid. Now can we go?"

I stepped behind him and had a quick peek in his bag, "Well you appear to have everything you need.. except.. you haven't got any weapons." I thought for a moment, how had Thalia's arrow hit the shadow-spider-thing? No other weapons had harmed it at all....

by Pendragon on Wed 7 Apr - 22:24

.Kalrius shifted awkwardly.
"Yeah, well, none of the bows seem to um, work for me."

I grinned slightly. "S'okay, I had the same problem till I got Riptide." I thought for a sec about Kal's weapon problem, and the problem of how no Celestial bronze weapons could harm these Dark creatures. An idea hit me. "C'mon," I said. "Let's drop Nico a visit."
Half a minute later, we were standing in front of the Hades cabin. The glassy obsidian walls mirrored the green torches, flickering with emerald light from inside twin skulls, which glowed like jack-o-lanterns. I knocked several times. Kalrius peered closer at the large skull mounted over the door. All of a sudden, he jumped back in surprise as two blazing green eyes filled the once-empty sockets. They swiveled down to glare at us. Nico's voice issued from behind the door.

"WHAT? This had better be good, Percy." The door slowly swung open with an onimous creaking sound. Nico stood framed in the doorway, looking, appropriately, like death itself.
"Next time," he grumbled, "Use the doorbell." He punched a button on his door, and creepy organ music rang out. "Now, what's the problem?"

I explained the problem with Kalrius's weapon, and the problem with the Dark creatures. He grinned. "I think I can help with that. I've been tinkering with something in the forges. Just finished today."

Nico ducked inside the cabin, and reemerged a second later with something in his hand. At first glance, it was an ordinary Swiss Army knife, but when I looked closer, I saw that the blade was black as midnight, and the air around it was freezing cold.

"Stygian iron," Nico explained, "but watch this." He flicked open the blade, and the knife began to change shape, growing longer and thinner till Nico held a 3 foot long bow, made of smooth, shiny black metal. "I also made this, with a little help from Thalia." He brought out a bow quiver stocked with arrows. He pulled one out, and I saw the arrowhead was forged from Stygian iron as well. "As long as one arrow is still in the quiver, it will refill itself completely." Nico handed the bow and quiver to Kalrius, who looked slightly awed.

"Wow, thanks Nico," Kalrius said gratefully.

Nico rolled his eyes slightly. "Yeah, well, take good care of the bow. And don't mess up, all right? Either of you." He stumbled back inside and shut the door behind him.

I glanced at the horizon. Dawn was breaking, and there was no way I could get any more sleep. "C'mon," I told Kalrius. "Let's get to Half-Blood Hill. We've got a long trip ahead of us." A few minutes later, We had reached the crest of the hill where Thalia was waiting for us. We gripped our packs, and without a word, the three of us set out..

Last edited by Pendragon on Thu 8 Apr - 17:49; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit)

Pendragon
Minor Demigod

by veni-vidi-vici on Fri 9 Apr - 13:06

.+
----
-I'm Done with this post, feel free to add now.
------

As we walked slowly away towards the road and towards the vast distance we would have to travel each of us stole glances back at the camp, longing looks knowing that we were in danger the moment we had crossed the boundary line. I steeled myself and strode forwards, I would not be returning without Annabeth, she was more important than the world to me.

From the corner of my eye I noticed Thalia and Kalrius steeling themselves as well and I thought about each of their own goals, Kalrius would do anything he could to save Haley, Thalia would risk her life for Annabeth the last of her 'adopted family'. I, well I was going for Annabeth and Rachel.. But who was looking for Tracey Hoax... No one had ever seemed close to her..

I looked over at Kalrius, and the bow on his back. "So Thalia where did you get the idea for a Stygian Iron bow from?" She glanced up at me, questioning whether I was actually that stupid.
"Well the bow is mostly Nico's idea, but the arrows, the single arrow that hurt that spider thing was a Stygian Iron arrow I kept from after The Battle Of Manhattan." She smiled, probably thinking like me how Grover would approve of the recycling. "Anyway, so I went and got Nico to make some extra arrows for us, Artemis showed me the refilling quiver spell a long time ago when I became the Lieutenant of the Hunters."

I nodded and said "O right." I didn't really get how it worked but as long as it worked it didn't matter. We stepped up to the road and I pulled Kalrius towards us. "Now mind praying to your father for a little help?"

He looked at me wearing an unsure expression, "Percy, erm how do I do that?"

Thalia looked at him sympathetically, she had been ignored by her father for a long time and understood his worries, meeting his dad face to face would be quite disturbing. "It's okay Kalrius just speak and he will hear you, all of our parents can hear us, whether they bother to answer is different." A crackle of thunder echoed through the morning sky.

Kalrius spoke in a quite undertone, "Dad, if you can hear me please, help us, our friends have been taken and we need to find them." The rising sun flared brighter and slowly from the sky descended a golden chariot, which slowly morphed into a familiar golden Mercedes.

"Need some advice then dudes? Or a lift, I did offer you a free ride at anytime you liked if I remember, eh Percy?" A voice called from inside as it pulled level to us, there his a bright grin on his face sat the same old Apollo....

Last edited by Posidonsdaughter on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Okay everyone thank you for your patience continue the story.Re: Complete the story
by penguinsoldier on Fri 9 Apr - 18:35

.+
----
-Apollo was in typically casual clothing. A loose blue shirt and light brown khaki shorts, complete with gold ray-bans, he looked like he was a high school kid going off to the beach in his dad's car. Usually I would bow before gods and goddesses when they showed up. Apollo however was different. The first time we met he was also giving us a ride, except that at the time he was letting Thalia drive. The whole ordeal was so scary she could have joined the Gray Sisters. I was glad this time it was a merc and not a flying chariot that we were in.

"Apollo, nice ride." I said, admiring the gleaming body of the car. The gold alloy wheels were especially shiny, but the tyres didn't seem to be touching the ground; they were separated by a thin layer of golden glittering light. Where the mercedes badge should have been on the car, there was instead a golden bow and arrow.

"Thanks Perc. I try to keep with the modern designs. You should have seen what I was driving during the 50's. Absolutely terrible cars back then..." Apollo then turned to Thalia. "Ah, my one time chauffeur. How have you been Thalia? I hear you've joined my sister on her hunt. Its a shame, we could have had fun..." He trailed off when he saw Kalrius, who was fixing him with an angry look.

Thalia herself didn't look impressed. As a hunter of Artemis, she knew well the habits of Apollo. He did it with all the maidens. But this was Kalrius' first time seeing his dad 'in action'. He did not seem pleased.

"Er-hem! I am Kalrius Wright, son of Sonya Wright, a mortal woman whom you claimed to have loved and who loved you back. I don't mind if you don't consider me your son, but don't insult my mother by flirting with other women in front of me." Kalrius challenged Apollo to reply, but he was silent. I winced. I had never seen someone shout at a god before. History told me it wasn't a very good idea. Apollo however looked sheepish and embarrassed.

"I'm sorry Kalrius. Your right. I won't forsake Sonya's love for me and for you. I'll do my best to keep you safe. I tell you now that I still love your mom. A god falls in love easily, but he can never forget. I have loved many women in my life, all of them special to me. My children are all dear to me too. You are my son, and though you may think otherwise, I do love you. Perhaps we can spend some time together once this whole business is over, huh?"

Kalrius' expression softened at these words, but he still looked doubtful. "We'll see about that. I don't even know whether we will get back safely from this trip."

"Don't worry, we'll be fine." I said. I didn't believe it though. The propecy wasn't exactly friendly, and it seemed either me or Kalrius would have to face some sort of challege or test.

"Anyway, enough with the introductions." Thalia assumed a Lieutenant role as she so often did. "My lord Apollo, we need to get to the goddess Hecate's Lair. She is the main suspect in a plot to murder varius members of camp as well as kidnapping several of them. Do you know where she is?"

Apollo considered for a while and finally spoke.

"This will not be an easy journey for you. She lives among steep mountains and deep woods, all enchanted by her magic. My chariot will get you to the boundry of her powers, but no further. The rest is up to you."

At this news I deflated. A small part of me thought we could just turn up at her place, defeat her and take the girls back. Now it seemed I'd have to hack through forest and mountains before I got to Annabeth. Kalrius also looked worried. I guess for a first mission, he already had alot at stake.

Thalis glanced at us and frowned. "Don't be such little boys. Do you want to save our friends or not?" Then she turned back to the car. "That'll be fine Lord Apollo, but where does she live?".

Edward Teach AKA Blackbeard, son of Ares
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent: Iris
Number of posts: 136
Humor: Anyone got any fish?
Registration date: 2010-02-27..

Last post was by Penguinsoldier

Last edited by Posidonsdaughter on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:48 pm

"Well, its hard to tell. It really changes over time with the Western Civilization. For right now, it is set in the Smoky Mountains. You will have to find the kingdom on your own." Apollo stated. We all thought about this for a while, then, "So how are we going to get there?" Kalruis asked.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Lord Apollo replied, "I will take you as far as the northern edge of the Smokey Mountains in the state of Virginia from there you will need to proceed on your own by way of the Appalachian Trail."

With that now decided, we climbe d into the back of the golden Mercedes for what would be a very short, fast trip to south western Virginia.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Inside the Mercedes Apollo was blaring out some of his very newest self-created songs.
"Nice Songs," I said.(Even though I didn't think so, it's better to just lie to prevent yourself from getting blown to smithereens)
"Thanks, and thank-you for flying Sunride Airlines," Apollo replied.
With a gut-wrenching lurch the Mercedes lifted off and we shot at breakneck speeds all the way to Virginia.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:31 pm

"WOW! I NEVER THOUGHT THAT MY DAD WOULD EVER SPEED!!!!" Kalrius screamed ontop of the whistling of the wind. I laughed. It didn't occur to me either.
"Okay. we are here!" Apollo yelled. Sure enough, when I looked down, there were a bunch of trees that also started up to a mountain.
"THAT WAS QUICK!" I yelled on top of my lungs as we dived downward. We made it to the ground safely and when I climbed out of the car, I saw that Thailia looked like she rode a roller coaster 50 times. Her hair was sticking up and her peaceful look was long gone. She looked angry at Apollo, but then in a white flash, she looked like Thaila again.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Please out respect for the people who labored to create this story do not post comments here or add strange bits to the story. I am starting a Kalrius comment topic for ideas and comments. Thanks
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:52 am

I stepped out of the car slowly the ground feeling a bit strange after flying so fast, I looked back and saw Thalia breathing heavily as she sat in the car still, she really really hated heights badly, quite the irony for the daughter of Zeus, god of the skies.

"You feeling okay Thalia?" I inquired, she looked over at me with a look that could have curdled milk and warned me subtly to shut up. She had a habit of getting very defensive about her fear of heights.

"I'm fine Percy," she said "now go check out the surroundings, I don't want to end up in a trap..." I looked around the clearing and saw nothing but forest, trees, moss, stones. Nothing that was a danger.. yet. CRACK.

I span around looking for the source of the sound, immediately I noticed that Apollo had a red welt across his cheek and his hand was being hastily removed from Thalia's shoulder. "Never do that again!" She bellowed at him, now as amusing as it is to see a god being cowered by a teenage girl it was a pretty stupid thing for Thalia to do seeing as he is the all powerful god of the sun, though I'm sure Artemis would have approved, no one touches her hunters like that. Ever.

Apollo started glowing and the red mark vanished from his face completely, he was angry now.

Kalrius sat in the back his jaw wide open, looking on with shock, "Dad! What in Hades are you doing?" Apollo glanced at Kalrius and started to calm down, though he still looked angry, but he wasn't going to risk harming his own son.

The normal adolescent Apollo sat there with no glow about him. He stared at Thalia, "by Zeus do you remind me of my sister.." He paused for a moment, "actually you are my sister.." he said suddenly, the notion that both of them had Zeus for a father coming to his mind. "I'm not going to harm you, seeing as I don't want my dad and sister both hating my guts forever..but expect no favors from me anytime soon." He stepped out of the sun chariot and walked over to me, "Well Percy, the best way to go and save your friends is to walk along the Appalachian Trail but watch out, Hecate never leaves her lair unguarded," he warned. Then he stepped back to the Mercedes form of the chariot and opened the door for Kalrius, who promptly leapt out with a shy thank you.

Thalia stepped slowly out of the car with an awkward look on her face, "I'm erm.. sorry about that lord Apollo, but you know the rules our sister has laid down." I suddenly realized why she was being so tetchy, last time we'd taken a ride with Apollo she said he was hot, now I understood exactly what she'd meant.

Apollo smiled knowingly, "well, apology accepted" and with that he leapt into the car and started revving the engine. I grabbed Kalrius and turned him away before he got fried by looking at the chariot in flight.

Thalia had already walked to the edge of the clearing and shouted at us "Hurry up we haven't got forever!" I could have sworn I saw a bit of a blush on her cheeks. We stepped into the trees and started working our way towards the start of the trail...
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Male Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:33 am

I lead the way, Kalrius was behind me, and Thailia brought up the rear. I expected something to attack us once we stepped into the trail, but nothing attacked. I still held up my sword in caution and we started to walk slowly. Thailia and Kalrius had their bow and arrow out.
"Wierd....no traps-yet." I said affter about ten minutes of walking. "Lord Apollo said we were safe while in Virginia, so we should relax while we still can, Thalia said. We had been surprised by snow still on the ground, and more by the depth of it, up to a foot, in sheltered places.
The trees were becoming denser around us quickly but the trail was still there. In the early spring, trees and bushes were only just beginning to show life. It was cold in the higher altitude and winters last breathe was very reluctant to let go. We passed a couple of information signs warning of quick changing weather conditions of the early spring. Many of the plants and trees showed the stress of a heavy late winter snowfall. Some trees looked like they could fall at any moment.. After a while, Thaila spoke up. "We should take out the map here. I do not sense anything." I looked confused, but then, she pulled Kalrius and me by the bags and into some evergreen underbush. She took out something very shiny and silver. It was a silver, metallic ball that you could hold in your hand.
"This is the map Lady Artemis entrusted to me before she left on her quest," she whispered and then tapped the ball. At first, nothing happened, and then, the ball expanded and the halves of the ball floated in midair. In the middle of the halves shimmered a map of the U.S. A red line shimmered onto the Appalachian Trail. A big red dot indicated where we were. Flames leaped on the side, curling into an accent that indicated the Hunters back at Camp Half Blood.
"Whoa," I heard Kalrius whisper.
"Ok, so we have to go through the mountains here," she said, pointing to ragged chain of mountains. "And up to Temple Mountain here." She said, pointing to a tall peak in the range.
"Wow, and I thought a GPS was portable." I said.
"This shows we are still in Virginia," said Thalia, "just 2 miles outside of a town called Demascus." "It will be a good place to get some boots, my feet are soaked," Kalrius said. My feet were soggy too. "As a daughter of the hunt, I do not need to worry of such things," said Thalia. "Yea, why not? asked Kalrius looking at Thalia skepticly. "The Hunters of Artemis are enchanted, we are not affected by the weather. You unfortunately are not as fortunate."
The trail continued steadily downward, and we could see and feel the temperature difference. Everything was beginning to bloom. There were these trees that had small purple flowers on bolth the branches and the tree trunk and they were all over the place. None of us knew what kind of tree it was, just that they were beautiful.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:38 pm

As we walked, Kalrius and I lagged behind Thalia, so I started talking.

"So, how're you doing with all this?"

He looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"I mean all this stuff with Haley."

His confusion darkened. "I don't know, Perc. I mean, I really thought Haley and I might have something. Then all this stuff starts happening, and I didn't know what to believe. And now this prophecy. I want to believe Haley's not the one behind all this, but..." Kalrius trailed off. I really felt for the guy. I mean, I had thought Annabeth and I had a rough time of it, but I couldn't imagine what it was like for Kal inside.

"I hear what you're saying, but we've got no idea what we're running into here. I need to know you're gonna be ok with whatever gets thrown at us."

His expression cleared a little. "Don't worry, I'll be fine."

We got to Damascus, Virginia, and picked up some fresh suppliesWarm coats, boots, and dry socks. The walk through the rest of the town was pretty boring, so we hurried up to the other end of town. We had been trudging on a steadly steeper uphill trek at a fast pace for 20 minutes when Kal and I called a break.

"-pant-, Agh, -pant-, can we -pant- slow down or what?"

Kalrius, heaving slightly, nodded in agreement.

Thalia looked annoyed. "Wimps, can't you keep up?"

"Give us a break. We're not all blessed by a goddess."

She rolled her eyes. "Ok, ok, but we can't keep doing this, or we'll never get there."

I thought for a second, and an idea came to me. "I could try summoning some horses." I closed my eyes, and silently prayed for help. In a few moments, I heard hooves cantering over leaves, and 3 horses came into view: one black, grey, and chestnut. They all stopped in front of me, and the grey one spoke in my mind: "You called us, lord?"
"Yes, we need to move quickly through these woods. Can you help us?" The grey horse bowed his head. "Of course, sire." He cantered forward, and I mounted him. Thalia had already slung herself onto the black mare, and Kalrius was trying to mount the chestnut mare. "Whoa, easy Epona!"

I just looked at him.

"What?" he said. "I like Legend of Zelda!"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, but c'mon Link, or we're never gonna get going." With that, we all rode on into the woods.
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Hephaestus
Male Number of posts : 754
Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:25 am

The horses made a huge difference in both Thalia's and Kalrius' dispositions. Thalia obviously since we were covering much more ground and Kal because he had blisters from walking. Kalrius had been raised in New York City, like me but different. My going to so many different boarding schools in upstate New York had made me more used to wilderness areas. Poor Kal had never rode a horse or been in areas not paved outside of Central Park. He was having a tough time. The boots and warmer coats had helped us both, but from all our quests I was use to "roughing it." Kal had thought Camp Half Blood was the widerness and "roughing it" because you had to walk to the lavatories from our cabins to use the restrooms.

We had made it twice as far that first day thanks to the horses. Kal was complaining about sattle sores and needing to stop. With us reaching an altitude of 3,000 feet above sea level, it was feeling like early February instead of early April. The day light was fading quickly partly because it had started snowing again. We were out of Virginia and zig zagging back and forth between the North Carolina and Tennessee borders. Thalia knew we would soon be entering the outer boundaries of Hecate's lair. Not knowing what kind of border defenses she might be employing we had decided not to use the roofed three sided wall shelters that we were periodically passing. They might have some alarm trigger in them. Thalia agreed to use one tent, for warmth sake, since it would not be wise to light a fire that could give our position away. But she was not happy with the close proximity to boys and Kal was not happy with just about everything else. Especially since we would be traveling like this for at least 3 more days.

It wasn't that Kal was a wimp. It was just that he was so out of his element. Thalia was not in a mood to be merciful to his disgruntled attitude. "Will you shut up and go to sleep," she bellowed. Because I understood all that had been thrown at him in the past week, I was more patient. But I didn't know if I could take it for 3 more days.

Thank the gods, the next morning Kal was in a much better mood. I don't know if it was that his blisters had completely healed, he had a decent nights sleep, the sun was shining, or the odd morning drink Thalia had given us.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinsoldier Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:48 am

Thalia approached me with her bow in hand. She gestured to Kalrius to join us, and he came with a curious glance. I shruged back.

"Ok guys. Before we continue on the trail, there are some details I need to discuss. Firstly, personal feelings. I don't want you two running off to chase your girlfriends when we see them. Hecate is a tricky opponent and we don't know what traps she has laid for us. We should formulate a battle plan aswell. That way it's easier for me to keep an eye on you two."

Kalrius and I exchanged looks. It was hard not to laugh. Thalia sounded like a mom lecturing her children at the mall. Luckily she didn't notice us smirking, or we would have been scolded like naughty kids. Thalia continued. "From what we know about fighting that shadowy-cage thing (we hadn't found out what it was called yet), the only way to damage it is with Stygian iron. That rules Anaklusmos out, so Percy, when we get to the girls, me and Kalrius will try to free them and you will cover us, Ok?"

I didn't like to think that I couldn't save Annabeth myself, but I knew Thalia was right. This was no time to argue. "Ok Thalia, I'll do my best."

"I'm glad thats sorted. And don't worry. We'll let you fight some of the lesser monsters at her lair." She then turned to Kalrius.

"Gee thanks, you highness..." I mumbled.

She turned sharply. "What was that?" Her eyes were a cold blue and her hair started to stand on end. The air hummed with electric charge.

"No-Nothing. I didn't say anything." I replied hastily. She was scarier than any mom could be.

"Hmmm...Anyway, back on topic. Kalrius, I want us to get some team archery pratice in. I'm sure you're good with a bow since you are Apollo's son, but I'd like to see just how good. Also, we need to talk tactics. We don't want our arrows to get in the way of each other's. Percy you stay here and guard our stuff. We're going to find a clearing to practice in."

With that she led Kalrius off. Kalrius looked back with a pleading expression. I felt sorry for him; Thalia wasn't exactly a patient teacher. I also felt annoyed about being put on guard duty. I set my rucksack on the ground and sat down. We were getting close now, I could feel it. The magic power that I experienced twice before, both from Hecate's children, were nothing compared to this. Waves of energy flowed from further up the trail, like a constant breeze blowing against us. The animals felt it too. Whenever we saw an animal, it was either dead or scurrying away down the mountain. Trees looked normal on the side facing away from the peak, but on the other side the bark was blackened and rotting. Strange mushrooms of every colour grew on the trail floor. It was like we were in a fairy tale, one that Hecate had created and was using to trap us in. The thought didn't leave me feeling very confident.

I looked further up the trail. In the distance, through a gap in the foliage, there was a region where even the sky looked a pale green. That would be the barrier of Hecate's Lair. The home of her power. I sat there gazing at it, and nearly didn't notice the wavering image at the edge of my vision. I startled and imediately drew Riptide, but then saw it was an Iris message. It was strange though; the message was not as clear as they normally were.

"Thalia? Thalia, is that you?" I recognised the voice as the other girl at the meeting, Alison Reem.

"No, this is Percy Jackson. Whats going on? Iris messages usually find the correct person."

She looked hesitent to answer. She looked over each shoulder, decided she was alone, then turned back and huddled closer to the image and whispered.

"I'm doing this myself. Mother won't carry my message because she thinks I would be meddling too much. I've got a really important message for Thalia. Please hurry and get her, I c-can't hold a message where you are for l-long. The magic is affecting the transmission..."

I looked at where Thalia and Kalrius had gone off; they were nowhere to be seen. Thalia couldn't make it back in time. "It's no use Alison. She's gone off to do some training. Give me the message."

She looked unsure, but then the image flickered. She groaned and clenched her jaw. I could see the sweat dripping from her cheeks; maintaining the image was really taking it's toll on her.

"D-don't trust anyone." She was really struggling now, forcing the words out between grinding teeth. "The-there have been messages...the gods...one of them is talking to Hecate."

I moved closer to the image. She was doubled over, hands clutching her head. The message flcikered more and more. "Alison? Are you Ok? What do you mean? Who's working with Hecate?"

She looked up and managed to get a few more words out. I could barely hear it. "I-I don't know who it is. Mother stopped me watching the whole message. Please....Percy. Save the girls. Save Tracy. She's...she's not to blame. Remember...don't trust the g-god.......ergg....." The image flickered wildly and then dissappeared.

"Alison? Alison!" I looked disbelieving at the spot where she vanished. A god was talking to Hecate? It didn't make any sense. She had tried to bring down Olympus last year and now one of them was working with her? I cursed my luck and stood up. Soon I could hear Thalia and Kalrius making their way back; they were chatting and laughing, but when they saw me, they knew something had happened.

"Hey whats up Perc? You look pale..." Kalrius reached out for my shoulder looking concerned.

"Yeah Percy. Whats up?" Thalia looked around warily.

I took a deep breath and steadied myself. "I've just gotten an Iris message from Alison. It seems we're not just against Hecate here. She's working with a god."

"What?!" Kalrius and Thalia both exclaimed at once. "Which one?" Thalia demanded.

"She didn't know, but I think we can trust her. She went through alot to deliver that message."

They both stood there and considered what they just heard. We all felt gloomy and down. A whole day of travelling with this was going to be unbearable.

I picked up my bag and slung it over my back. "Anyway, there's no use worrying now. We've got no choice but to continue." With that I walked off and started climbing again. The other two looked at me open-mouthed, and then did the same. I just wanted to walk and not think. The image of Annabeth in that cage resurfaced in my mind, and I didn't want to think how much harder it had just become to save her.
penguinsoldier
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Iris
Male Number of posts : 256
Humor : Anyone got any fish?
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat May 15, 2010 10:56 pm

The trail was steep and alongside it grew plants of unimaginable variety, all magical, and organic of course. Once or twice I thought that there was a mortal fruit tree growing, and even on one occasion, I was about to pick what looked like a mango, but luckily Thalia slapped it out of my hand before I could touch it.
“Don’t touch anything, you fool, everything here is enchanted. They are poisonous, and probably more poisonous than that scorpion that bit you. Did you not see the sign?” roared Thalia.
“No, what did it say?” replied Percy, rubbing his eyes to make sure that he was seeing properly.
“Are you blind? The sign said: Enter traveller but take or warning,
You must be able to resist your yearning,
Pass the test to earn your keep,
If your fail your life I shall reap,
Inside you’ll find a safe haven,
But don’t take or you’ll be craven,
If you steal and do not earn,
You’ll pay dearly in turn,
Your soul something of great power,
If you steal it will be ours.
Then all of a sudden the night flashed bright green, and A door appeared right in front of their eyes, with another plaque attached to it.
Luckily Thalia could read normally, as all I saw was:
“Bhied rodo sih fo iritps,
yuts sapw ithcn itoni royl risait.”
“Behind this door is the test of spirit,
You must pass with conviction, or you’ll say ribit,” read Thalia.
There was silence for a moment, as we took in the meaning of the sign, before I finally spoke, “Let’s wait until morning, we’ll fare better when we are more awake.”
Thalia wanted to differ, “But the captives they’ll –“
I whispered voice as firm as Zeus’ platinum throne, “In the morning.”
With that the conversation ended, and everyone went to bed. I slept fitfully that night, I had this dream, that wasn’t like any other. I was standing on a cloud, yet I could touch the ground, and feel the underworld.
“Do not fear,” a voice, or rather two voices said, “You are safe here with me, and this is dream world. Where all dreams originate, that’s why you can be in so many places at once here, dreams are everywhere.”
I turned to see Janus, the god of doorways, and choices staring at me, I replied, “Why have you brought me here? It obviously isn’t to chat about the view, so get to your point!”
Janus’s eyes flared, and I realized how bad of a decision it was to anger a god, even if it is a minor god, and it is in your dreams. He took a moment to calm down, “Very well, I brought you here to give you a choice, one that hasn’t happened, yet it has already begun. IT will be upon you very shortly, so choose wisely, this is a choice that will affect all the other choices you will have to make. There is no turning back now.”
“But I don’t even know what my choice is how can I choose?” I complained.
“Well as they say that is for me to know, and you to find out. I have to send you back now, it’s almost morning and you should wake up soon. I leave you with one final word, choose, choose, choose, choose, choose, choose, choose, choose …”, and he disappeared and I fell, with his final words still reverberating in my ears.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinsoldier Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:38 am

'Percy?...Percy! Wake up!'

'Huh? Wha...?'

Thalia stood over me with a stern look. She nudged me with her foot again. 'Wake up sleepy head. Don't dwell too long in nightmares; you never know who you might meet in the dream world...'

Satisfied that I was awake she went back to pack her sleeping bag. I sat up to rub my eyes. The sound of a lone cricket was all that pierced the silence of the enchanted forest. Hazy morning light broke through the canopy; morning dew coated all the leaves on the forest floor and our sleeping bags. Over to my right the trail continued, and at the far end the green aura had not moved. To my left the door that appeared yesterday was still there, standing in the middle of the clearing.

'Mmm...Ha...Haley...I, I'll save you. I will. Please...please wait for me. Please...' Kalrius rolled around in his sleep. For some moments I just watched him. Thalia glanced at us and just tutted. I suppose she was only focused on the mission, but I knew how Kal felt. We had something at stake so valuable to us that we would easily give our lives to protect it. My mind turned back to the dream-encounter I had with Janus. The decision that he said I would be faced with; It didn't sound like it would be an easy one. I just hoped it wouldn't be what I feared it to be, that i'd have to decide between saving Haley or Annabeth...

I ate a small breakfast and packed up as Thalia kicked Kalrius awake. His bed hair made us giggle for awhile; it was like Thalia had given him an electric shock. Once we were all ready, we faced the trail. The green aura looked as uninviting as ever, yet that was unmistakably the way to Hecate's lair. None of us considered the door that had appeared out of nowhere. We all assumed it was another trap of Hecate's.

'OK boys, let's do this.' Thalia flashed us both with a toothy grin and set off down the trail. 'HEY HECATE! WE'RE HERE FOR OUR FRIENDS. GIVE THEM BACK AND WE WON'T KICK YOUR BUTT!' she shouted as she walked. Kalrius visibly paled and turned pleadingly to me. I smiled at him and followed Thalia, picking up her call. Kalrius quickly tagged along.

There were no landmarks for us to follow. We got tired of calling, and settled into the monotony of the task. Desparation grew in me. I wanted to run ahead, burst into Hecate's lair and save Annabeth as quickly as possible, but I knew this would only put the entire mission in jeopardy.

The forest grew denser as we followed the trail. A green mist fell slowly over the entire area, getting thicker by the second, and before long you couldn't see 5 yards ahead of you. We were forced to stay close together. In the mist the only sounds were our footsteps and our panting breaths. Although we kept going straight, it was hard to tell if we were making any progress. The mist turned every tree into the same one; every fallen trunk looked alike.

Still we continued, and the mist only got thicker and thicker. Panic rose and gripped us, panic like you feel when you choke on water. We felt trapped and helpless. The mist filled our vision and clogged up our lungs. Our eyes darted this way and that. Was that an exit? Was that? I've definitely seen that tree before. We're going around in circles!

This went on and on. Like shadowy fingers closing on my brain, fear crept into my heart. Dark thoughts churned in my head. We were going to die in this forest. Annabeth would be tortured to death by Hecate, and I would be here, helpless to save her. I could hear her screaming in pain, calling my name, over and over. I couldn't separate her voice from reality. The forest twisted and morphed in front of my eyes. One minute I was walking behind Kalrius, the other I was in a dungeon, chained to a wall. Opposite me was Annabeth. She had strange markings on her skin that glowed orange and purple. Every so often the marks would turn bright red, and then she would scream out in agony. I tried to go to her, but the chains did not yield. I closed my eyes, 'this is only an illusion' I kept telling myself. But the screaming was so real, the feel of the cold stone wall, the rusty chains....it was so real. And I was powerless, powerless to save the one I loved.

The dungeon scene slowly melted away, like a tide moving out. I was back in the forest once again. I looked up with tears in my eyes. Kalrius had his hands on his head. 'Haley...please...I'm sorry...' He dropped to his knees and buried his face into his hands. I fell down beside him and shook uncontrollably. It was all useless. Totally useless.

WHACK! WHACK!

Pain brought my senses back for a split second. Thalia stood by us with tears streaming down her face. 'GET UP! GET UP FOR ZEUS' SAKE! They need us to be strong! We have to fight this! Stand up! Keep walking!'

She used all her strength to pull us to our feet. For the next mile or so we half stumbled, half carried each other forwards. The grief took us in waves. When one of us broke down, the others would drag them on. In my lowest moments, I swear I could see Annabeth. 'Why Percy? Why are you not here? Why are you not saving me?' she would ask me time and time again. Thalia just cried and said, 'No. No, we've failed them. I've lost them forever. No!'

Exhaustion took us faster than normal. We were gasping for air with every step. Kalrius struggled the most, since he had not really trained as a half-blood yet. At one point we just had to sit and rest at the foot of an old dying tree. Once we sat down however, it seemed impossible to get back up. Our legs just seemed to have no energy left. Our heads dropped onto our shoulders, our eyelids felt so heavy. I was too tired to cry any more. Even breathing seemed like too much effort to do. I thought, it would be so easy to just sit here and wait for death to come. Come and give me rest from all this pain.

At first it felt like a tingle, like a slight numbing sensation in my left arm. I looked over to see Thalia glowing with electricity. Her eyes glowed blue and strands of her hair stood on end. 'Th...Thalia. What...are you doing...?' I panted.

'I'm...i'm not doing it.' she looked wide-eyed at her body. A shot of power went straight from her elbow into my chest. It felt like someone had stuck a hot neddle into my heart. The mist that had clouded us for so long suddenly seemed thiner. Fear that had seemed so close and real now seemed silly to me. The illusion was just that; only a dream. I could think clearly now. My determination returned, and with it a little energy aswell. Kalrius was also effected aswell. He seemed more awake, and his eyes glowed a little aswell, but Thalia was something else. Electricity sparked off her constantly, not lethaly but certainly painfully. Her hair continued to half float, and her feet were scorching the leaves on the ground.

'Thalia...that was amazing! How did you do that?' Kalrius and I both looked wonderingly at Thalia, delighted at our new lease of life.

'I...I'm not doing this. This...isn't my power. It must be....dad...' Thalia looked up at the sky with a sad smile. 'Thanks dad. Thank you so so much.'

'Well, whatever you've done, i'm glad we're not suffering from those hullucinations anymore.' Kalirus said cheerfully. I nodded, desparately hoping that they were only hullucinations.

With the top-up from Thalia, we seemed to travel faster through the forest. We could see further into the mist, which made walking much easier. Our group had cheered up, and we even started chattign again. Soon we spotted a clearing ahead of us, where there was no green mist at all. Kalrius rushed forward. 'Haley! I'm coming! Hold on!'

'HEY! Don't rush in you fool!' Thalia shouted after Kalrius, and rushed to catch up with him. I started jogging as well. Kalrius broke put into the clearing just before Thalia could stop him. When I caught up the other two were just standing in the clearing, looking at the trees. 'Hey whats going....on........'

I followed their gaze to the tree. It looked just like any other tree in the forest. Then the memory hit me like a small pebble that starts an avalanche. I spun around and ran to the spot where I slept last night. My sleeping bag had crushed some leaves at that spot on the ground, and, yes, there was that spot. I stood up and looked properly at the clearing. It was the same clearing we had set off from. Desparation and anger rose in me again. Sinking to my knees, I punched the muddy floor until my fists felt like breaking. Thalia had also colapsed and just cried into her sleeve. Kalrius wiped away tear after angry tear as he stared at the tree he had slept against the night before.

We remained motionless for 5 minutes. This time, Hecate really had us defeated. None of us saw any way or reason to continue. Slowly, a trail of green mist swirled into the clearing. Soon, several trails came snaking in, and they all converged at the middle into a pool of green smoke. Something rose from the green cloud. The door rose its entire length, and once again stood and the centre of our camp, the ominous black wood blazened with green glowing markings. This time though, the door was slighty ajar...

Last edited by penguinsoldier on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Abit of tidying up)
penguinsoldier
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Iris
Male Number of posts : 256
Humor : Anyone got any fish?
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down