MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

+23
Sweet&Sassy
hoff18
Azteza
Pendragon
omega
rjvg92
NataliaMelodyLevi2
SophiaFoutsitzis
percabethsprincess
Clevarian
PJO-geek
DiaClaireNoel
Neptune95
SonOfArtemis
smoothmoves97
TheSilverHunter
posiden#1god
riczhang
percyjackson101
Palladog
penguinsoldier
tinkerirock
Posidonsdaughter
27 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. Empty THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:51 am

Okay if you want to read the first two chapters of THE LOST HERO go to The Lost Hero site and in the clue box put NEWHERO. Enjoy the read. If you do not want to know, stop reading this thread.

You have been warned.

GREAT! Let's talk.

Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. Empty Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by tinkerirock Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:48 pm

ok so we were all rite about a couple of things we estimated in the next series:

1) Annabeth and Percy are some major characters in the next series
2) Percabeth is in the next series
3) It seems like that Butch is the son of Iris, which means that the Gods have kept there promise
4) They blow up part of another important monument
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. Empty Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by penguinsoldier Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:11 pm

We've already got some awesome new demigods and monsters. Jason with the air control thing, Piper with an unknown but major God as a dad. Leo should be Hephaestus' son. The Venti are amazing, and a mysterious MISTRESS which might be the main antagonist of the series.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel that Rick writes better about Greek Gods. It seems he has more fun doing them, what do you think.

Also, he's not writing in the first person, which is interesting.
penguinsoldier
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Iris
Male Number of posts : 256
Humor : Anyone got any fish?
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:38 pm

yea this time it seems more interesting and complex.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladog Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:54 pm

I just read the first two chapters! AWESOMENESS! I don't get why Jason didn't remember anything, but I guess that'll be explained later. I think it's really cool that his name is Jason, because of the deja vĂș (Jason and the argonauts). I'm also pretty sure he's the son of Zeus. I mean, who can live through a lightning that would kill twenty men? And who could fly, but the God of the Sky's son?
I agree with you about Rick writing better about Greek gods Smile
I'm glad the Big Bad is a female (referring to "mistress"), and I'm currently scanning different websites about Greek mythology to find a female god (or titan, or anything else) who'd have a reason to hurt the Olympians.
I cannot wait for the book to be released! I'd hate to hyperventilate all the time until the release, you know Razz

Last edited by Palladog on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Palladog
Palladog
Mortal
Mortal

Female Number of posts : 22
Humor : Student
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Piper has a human dad so her mom has to be the goddess. I am thinking she is either a unknown minor goddess or she is Demeter. It says she smelled of cinnamon.

My guess on the mistress is Hecate or Hera. Jason is another Zeus' child and I bet Hera isn't happy about that.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:52 pm

would Hera really be that shallow?

Butch seems like a child of Iris, but not exactly what i expected... but still pretty cool

percy's been missing for three days! and the answer lies with the one with 1 shoe... that's odd. wow, this just makes me even want to read it more!

yea, and i think Jason is a child of Zeus as well THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. Icon_biggrin
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:36 pm

I don't think that it is hera, because even if she is totally nasty she still has ethics. And that would be low, even for her.

I think that the one shoe person was Gleeson Hedge, as when he fell didn't one of his shoe's come off?
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:13 pm

but it seems that jason is it becuz hedge isn't there.

and didn't it say that Piper's dad was like important, and the popular girls would be bowing to her? so he could be a god.

i think that Leo's dad is Hephetus, because he makes things and stuff.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinsoldier Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:00 pm

And what does everyone think about the use of third person instead of first person? To be honest I never liked the first person style in the PJO series, and I think the third person is much better for telling stories. What do you think?

Also, it seems there are four Venti/Anemoi out there:

Boreas - God of the cold North wind and bringer of Winter.
Notus - God of the South wind.
Eurus - God of the Unlucky East wind. THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. Icon_question
Zephyrus - God of the West wind.
(Wikipedia)

I don't know if Rick will use them as separate entities or just as one enemy known as the Anemoi, but it would be cool if he did use them separately; some of them good, some of them bad.
penguinsoldier
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:25 pm

What about Aeolus the king of the winds?
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinsoldier Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Reading further, I realised that the Anemoi Thuellai (tempest-winds), which is what Jason fought, were four lesser winds, created by Typhon, and kept in the stables of Aeolus. They were wicked and violent daemons, and were the male counterparts of harpies. They were:

Kaikias was the Greek deity of the northeast wind. He is shown as a bearded man with a shield full of hail-stones, and his name derives from the Ancient Greek kakĂ­a (ÎșαÎșία), "badness" or "evil".

Apeliotes, sometimes known to the Romans as Apeliotus, was the Greek deity of the southeast wind. As this wind was thought to cause a refreshing rain particularly beneficial to farmers, he is often depicted wearing gumboots and carrying fruit, draped in a light cloth concealing some flowers or grain. He is cleanshaven, with curly hair and a friendly expression.

Skiron, or Skeiron, was the Greek god of the northwest wind. His name is related to Skirophorion, the last of the three months of spring in the Attic Festival Calender. He is depicted as a bearded man tilting a cauldron, representing the onset of winter.

Livas, was the Greek deity of the southwest wind, often depicted holding the stern of a ship.

(Wikipedia)

The four 'Heavenly' winds, the Anemoi which I described in the earlier post, were not locked up like these winds.
penguinsoldier
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:54 am

Ok so ya i think everyone is saying that jason is the son of zues and by the way I think Piper is daughter of Athena that would be cool then Piper and Annabeth would be related.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Male Number of posts : 1473
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:58 am

Wonder if they like harpies eat demigods.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladog Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:43 am

Hmmm... it strikes me as odd that Zephyrus is on the bad side, because Zephyrus helped Athena get Annabeth to her father.

I actually like the use of first person in the PJO series O.o I think Rick got influensed by The Red Pyramid when he decided from what perspective he would write from.

I also think Piper's mom could be Demeter (because of how she smells), or someone like that. Leo's dad is definitely Hephaestus. I mean, who can things like that but the son of Hephaestus?

I hope they find Percy soon. Like, real soon. And I hope we'll get to see some son of the Sea god action!
Palladog
Palladog
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinsoldier Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:57 am

Palladog wrote:Hmmm... it strikes me as odd that Zephyrus is on the bad side, because Zephyrus helped Athena get Annabeth to her father.

I'm sorry I didn't make it clear. Zephyrus is one of the heavenly Anemoi (most likely good guys), unlike the one that attacked Jason, who was an Anemoi Thuellai. Anemoi Thuellai are lesser winds, and are 'violent and wicked' to quote wiki.
penguinsoldier
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSilverHunter Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:16 pm

"Seven half-bloods shall answer the call.
To storm or fire, the world must fall.
An oath to keep with final breath.
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death"

STORM. I think we just met someone/thing from the prophecy.
It could be Derek (thats his name?) or Jason??

I love how Rick is switching up the way the book is going to be written!
With different chapters, different characters.
TheSilverHunter
TheSilverHunter
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 208
Humor : WHAAT?! I'm already in Hell...
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:58 pm

IT is different type of way rick wirtes and its awsome.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:57 pm

It's like The Red Pyramid, with different people narrating, except TRP was first-person and TLH is third-person.
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:38 pm

smoothmoves97 wrote:It's like The Red Pyramid, with different people narrating, except TRP was first-person and TLH is third-person.

Yeah it is really awesome with each chapter focusing on a different character.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:52 am

Ya that was cool but sometimes unless i went back to the begining of the chapter i didnt no which caravter it was.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfArtemis Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:15 pm

There is actually already a camper called Jason, he is mentioned by Thalia in the capture the flag game, he is said to be a fast runner.... Just saying folks
SonOfArtemis
SonOfArtemis
Mortal
Mortal

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:15 pm

-coincidence-

i like how he is going to change the characters in every chapter, so you can tell what is going on and you won't get too confused about everything. also, i think i liked first person better, but for this story, third person fits
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSilverHunter Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:30 pm

I was thinking (sometimes a bad idea), Piper is a daughter of Apollo...?

Last edited by TheSilverHunter on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheSilverHunter
TheSilverHunter
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Female Number of posts : 208
Humor : WHAAT?! I'm already in Hell...
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladog Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:33 pm

TheSilverHunter wrote:I was thinking (sometimes a bad idea), Piper is a daughter of Apollo...?

There's no shame in guessing. May I ask why you think so?
Palladog
Palladog
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next