MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maximum Ride - What do you think of the series?

+8
Cennedy125
DiaClaireNoel
tinkerirock
TheAravis
smoothmoves97
Artemisrocks
PJO-geek
Posidonsdaughter
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Maximum Ride - What do you think of the series? - Page 2 Empty Maximum Ride - What do you think of the series?

Post by Posidonsdaughter Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Maximum Ride is a story of 6 kids 98% human 2% avian. It has 6 books out and #7 will be called ANGEL.

What do you think of the series? Has the story been stretched too far? Which 3 book section have you enjoyed the most? how many more books do you think there should be?

Let's talk!
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Maximum Ride - What do you think of the series? - Page 2 Empty Re: Maximum Ride - What do you think of the series?

Post by smoothmoves97 Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:38 pm

I hope Angel either a)dies or b)changes, like, a lot. She's getting on my nerves.
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Maximum Ride - What do you think of the series? - Page 2 Empty Re: Maximum Ride - What do you think of the series?

Post by Pendragon Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Completely. I read all 6 Maximum Ride books in a little over a week, and yeah, Angel was cute at first, and then when she ratted out the fake Max with her telepathy, that was so wicked! But now, it's honestly like her abilities have kinda gone to her head. I mean, she was practically helping that Gunther-Hagen psycho in Fang. Not cool. Another weird thing: I really wasn't suprised with what Fang did at the end. I mean, it was really sad, sure, but I just wasn't overly shocked by it. It was very Fang.
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Hephaestus
Male Number of posts : 754
Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:18 am

Pendragon wrote: Completely. I read all 6 Maximum Ride books in a little over a week, and yeah, Angel was cute at first, and then when she ratted out the fake Max with her telepathy, that was so wicked! But now, it's honestly like her abilities have kinda gone to her head. I mean, she was practically helping that Gunther-Hagen psycho in Fang. Not cool. Another weird thing: I really wasn't suprised with what Fang did at the end. I mean, it was really sad, sure, but I just wasn't overly shocked by it. It was very Fang.

Angel has her own "voice" talking to her and I have not completely trusted since she first said that she should be the leader. I consider her a loose cannon, meaning she is not dependable and could backfire at any given moment. I have heard the next book will be called ANGEL.

What Fang did was predictable. B ut there is no way he will be gone for 20 years.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:36 am

Posidonsdaughter wrote:
Pendragon wrote: Completely. I read all 6 Maximum Ride books in a little over a week, and yeah, Angel was cute at first, and then when she ratted out the fake Max with her telepathy, that was so wicked! But now, it's honestly like her abilities have kinda gone to her head. I mean, she was practically helping that Gunther-Hagen psycho in Fang. Not cool. Another weird thing: I really wasn't suprised with what Fang did at the end. I mean, it was really sad, sure, but I just wasn't overly shocked by it. It was very Fang.

Angel has her own "voice" talking to her and I have not completely trusted since she first said that she should be the leader. I consider her a loose cannon, meaning she is not dependable and could backfire at any given moment. I have heard the next book will be called ANGEL.

What Fang did was predictable. B ut there is no way he will be gone for 20 years.

I definately have to agree with Poseidonsdaughter. Angel has an EVIL little mind....

And I'd cry -again Rolling Eyes - if Fang didn't come back for 20 years. You gotta love the Fangster!

...Kay, don't know where that came from... Embarassed
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 749
Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:01 am

It's okay we get attached to characters. I'm still mourning Mockingjay's losses.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:59 am

Me too. =(

But back to MR, even though I'm kinda against Angel, I can't wait for the new book to come out to see what happens!!! Maybe...*hopeless thinking*...Fang will come back? Who knows. I hope so though... Smile
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:58 pm

I think Max and Fang will end up becoming rivals.
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:59 pm

Really?? Wow. Didn't see THAT coming. I dunno if that'll happen. Doesn't seem likely, not after what Fang wrote to her.

Last edited by Pendragon on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:47 pm

I think someone will turn them against each other for some reason and then they'll have the I-love-the-enemy thing for Patterson to work with.
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Maybe; I dunno. I wonder if ANGEL will be from Angel's POV instead of Max's.
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:30 am

I hope not. I don't want any more of that evil little brain....

Just kidding. Seriously. XD That'd be pretty interesting actually. Hmmm... now I want ANGEL to come out more than ever! And I'm already waiting for the Lost Hero and the next Kane Chronicles... Ugh. I can't wait that long! =(

(Only 29 days till TLH!!! =D)
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 am

HALLELUJAH!! (31 days till HTTYD is on DVD!!) Worthless reptiles everywhere rejoice!!!

Last edited by Pendragon on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT)
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:57 pm

o wow ,,

back on topic, so i hart the maximum ride series. im going to read Max now, but i just can't get my hands on it. and yes, i am also waiting for alot of other books to come out. this sucks
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:05 am

Stupid time! It never goes fast when you want it to and never goes slow when you want it to.
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:44 am

Just found out James Patterson lives in my county here in NY
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:13 am

Oh! That's always pleasantly surprising.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:37 pm

I will have to keep an eye out for when the next book is released to go to the release party.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Cennedy125 Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:09 pm

I am planning on re-reading the whole series about a month before Angel comes out to get me re interested in the series!
Cennedy125
Cennedy125
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 874
Humor : You shall not Blast my son to bits!! (yeah, that happens every day)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:30 am

yea same. i still ganna read MAx and then Fang, and then re read it over again.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:48 am

I think a few different friends have all of the books before ANGEL, so I can borrow all the books.
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:27 am

Good reads. Definitely not a future I'd want to see happen. Beware there is some cursing and taking the Lord's name in vain.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:48 pm

What kind of cursing? I mentally skip over any cursing or uses of God's name in vain.
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Cennedy125 Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:51 pm

smoothmoves97 wrote:What kind of cursing? I mentally skip over any cursing or uses of God's name in vain.
Let's just skip over the cursing it doesn't matter what type of cursing there is. The series is great so lets talk about that!
Cennedy125
Cennedy125
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 874
Humor : You shall not Blast my son to bits!! (yeah, that happens every day)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by thedamsnackbar Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:17 pm

Love the books!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't like Fang cause of the very end O_O but their making a book 7 called Angel, check it out!!!!
thedamsnackbar
thedamsnackbar
Mortal
Mortal

Female Number of posts : 53
Humor : In search of the dam snack bar :P
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:01 pm

i just wanted to say i love this series, and james patterson is an awesome author!!!
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next