MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/11: Thoughts and Comments

3 posters

Go down

9/11: Thoughts and Comments Empty 9/11: Thoughts and Comments

Post by PJO-geek Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:10 am

Hey everyone. I'm sure you all know of 9/11. Maybe some of you knew people who were affected. I don't, but I wanted to post this anyway.

I remember when I was 5 or 6, watching the news with my mom and dad. I wasn't really sure what was going on. My parents explained, but still, it's hard to get that through the mind of a hard-headed 6 year old. XD Anyway, it was pretty scary watching the towers collapse and the smoke roll through New York. So here's two pictures. Yes, I know they're Danny Phantom (I'm a big phan), but they still have deep meaning. Done by Kicsterash and Ecokitty. I own nothing.

Kicsterash
Ecokitty

So, there you have it. I love you God bless America, and RIP to anyone who was caught by surprise in the Twin Towers, and those who risked their lives trying to get people out. Crying or Very sad

Feel free to comment and give me your thoughts.

PJO-geek

P.S. Here's a song Kicsterash found. It's called What Faith Can Do by Kutless. She thought it fit the mood.
What Faith Can Do
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 749
Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Back to top Go down

9/11: Thoughts and Comments Empty Re: 9/11: Thoughts and Comments

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:58 am

We listened to the reading of those who died this morning. Living so close to NYC 9/11 is a day none of can easily go by. By God's grace none of our student's parents were killed, although several were in the buildings that collasped that day.

It was a very nerve racking day. Parents picked up students early who worked and lived close by. We did not know which of our students could not be picked up because they had locked Manhattan for about 6 hours and no one could go in or out. From the second floor balcony of our school you could see the buildings burning about 20 miles away down the Hudson River. Then they collasped and the smell of burning reached us up river. We knew the airspace had been cleared of all comercial traffic so when 2 F-16 airforce planes flew low right over our school, it scared us incredibly.

Although I knew no one who died. I knew many people from our church or village who lost someone they cared about. My friend's husband had been in the building installing a new computer system that morning and left the tower only a few minutes before the first plane crashed. Another friend's husband walked 65 stories down the stairs and when he reached the outside collasped and had to be hospitalized.

It was the day we Americans lost our innocence. We had always been safe here in America. Terrorism was something that happened in far away places, never here at home.

Now we are like the rest of the world, needing to compromise certain freedoms for our safety. We need to be vigilent wherever we travel, no longer feeling completely safe.
Our apartment overlooks the Hudson River, it is a commonly used north south route for many planes and helicopters. In school that day we did not even notice the low flying planes that traveled down the river to their deadly destinations. Today there were numerous military helicopters going up and down the river.
Our
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:05 am

MY Parents were actually in New York that day like 5 blocks away from the World Trade Center having Breakfast at some Cafe, when the 1st Plane hit, and I remember that day quite well cause my parents were actually supposed to attend a meeting in the World Trade Center at 9:15 ish........ , and My Grandma was taking care of me at the time, and she couldn't reach my parents, and she worried herself like the whole entire day.........

I can't imagine if my parents had arrived early especially since the meeting was to be held on some real high-up floor.......

riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:09 am

OMG! That's quite scary. pale It would have been terrible if your parents were killed. They're very lucky.

And Poseidonsdaughter, sorry about your friend's husband. He's okay, though, right?
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:16 am

I actually can't remember very clearly cus I was 4 at the time, and I can only remember my Grandma worrying herself crazy..........
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:07 am

Eh, that's okay. I was 4 too.

I'll be locking this sometime this week. I'll let people have some time to post their opinions, then it'll be locked till next year. Just FYI.
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down