MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Comity

5 posters

Go down

Welcome Comity Empty Welcome Comity

Post by Christof Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:21 pm

I am pleased to announce that we will now be starting the Welcome Comity. What does it do? It PMs new members and welcomes them to the forum.

The next time a new member registers, I want it least three members to PM them and welcome them to the forum. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just PM them and welcome them. As long as it isn't inappropriate or mean, whatever you say is fine with me. Answer any questions they have, and make them feel at home as much as possible.

If we do this, we will get a lot more members and new members will enjoy this forum a lot more.

What you shouldn't do:

Don't send them something like this:

"Hey, welcome to the forum. Check out this topic."

If you do that, you will sound like a door to door salesmen. Drop the "Check out this topic.", and your PM is a lot more better. Don't get me wrong, you can ask them if they have any questions, but don't ask them if they want to do something on the forum when you just PMed them. Get to know them first. Would you ask someone who you don't know to check out a youtube video or a site. No. If you want to ask them to post stuff, then say something like "feel free to post stuff in the forums". That way instead of a order, it is a suggestion, which is a lot more welcoming.

Make sure that you don't send them anything like:

"welcm 2 forum. My nme is ___"

I'm sorry, but it makes you look like you don't have enough time for them to even try to get spelling right. It's just plain rude. Put some effort into these PMs.

One thing we don't want to happen is a new user checking their PMs and finding a 100 private messages in their imbox. That would look like spam. So make sure that you don't PM every new user. Only PM some new users. If you PM one out of every 5 new users, that would be great. The rest of the users will PM the rest. I will let you know if we have to PM less users.

Anyway, if people do this, new members will feel a lot more welcome and it will really help the forum. Thanks to everybody who helps us out.

Last edited by Christof on Sat May 01, 2010 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Christof
Christof
Webmaster
Webmaster

Imortal Parent : Kronos
Male Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Welcome Comity Empty Re: Welcome Comity

Post by percyjackson101 Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:33 pm

that is a good idea, Christof. guess we can get alot of more PJO fans on here just by being nice to them
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:16 pm

yea. some ideas r like :

"Welcome to the Forum. We are glad to have you."

"Hey, this is _______, and I just wanna say, welcome to the #1 Percy Jackson forum in the WORLD!"

"Welcome to MortalNet, PM (which means private message) me back if you have any questions"

"Thanks for joining MortalNet Forum. We welcome you to the world of awesome PJO fans' discussions and topics"
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:55 am

Welcome to Mortalnet. I hope you enjoy all we have to offer. Be sure to see the pictures, some good avatar choices and the fanfiction, great new stories, and last the forums which you have already added an interesting idea. Monday at 6 -7 pm we will be on Chat found on the bottom of the Main forum page, come join us.

This is a pm I sent earlier this week. In the the Do you have a question? topic I put out what I have been basicly saying for a week or two.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:31 pm

i think we should make a whole different section on the forum for new members, like tell them wht mortal net is and how to work it and stuf,
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:46 pm

It'd be cool if we could make a intro newsletter introducing aspects of the forum.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum