MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MortalCast: Sub-Discussion 2- Do you think the PJO books go into enough depth about ADHD?

3 posters

Go down

MortalCast: Sub-Discussion 2- Do you think the PJO books go into enough depth about ADHD? Empty MortalCast: Sub-Discussion 2- Do you think the PJO books go into enough depth about ADHD?

Post by Greek_Geek Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:35 pm

We are currently making some changes to the podcast. One of the main things on our ever-growing list of changes is integration of the Forum into the pod-cast. So basically post you views on the question below:
'Do you think the PJO books go into enough depth about ADHD? '
So post your opinions and views for your chance to get a shout-out on the pod-cast!
Greek_Geek
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

MortalCast: Sub-Discussion 2- Do you think the PJO books go into enough depth about ADHD? Empty Re: MortalCast: Sub-Discussion 2- Do you think the PJO books go into enough depth about ADHD?

Post by penguinsoldier Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:12 pm

I don't know a whole lot about the condition, but I know that it can ruin lives. I think many ADHD sufferers can relate to Percy before he discovers that he is a half-blood, with all the trouble and all the moving schools. I applaud Rick for turning ADHD into a positive trait, turning it into an aide for survival, but thats where he leaves it. In the normal lives of half-bloods, ADHD is rarely memtioned. It doesn't affect the way they live or interact with each other. It only comes out during battle, and I think that that is a little too convenient.

ADHD sufferers often fidget, can't stay in one place or sit still and get distracted easily. Impulsiveness is also a mjor issue, especially for people fighting monsters and gods. I imagine running a camp full of half-bloods would not be as easy as shown in the books.

PS. When are you guys doing the podcast?
penguinsoldier
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Iris
Male Number of posts : 256
Humor : Anyone got any fish?
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

MortalCast: Sub-Discussion 2- Do you think the PJO books go into enough depth about ADHD? Empty Re: MortalCast: Sub-Discussion 2- Do you think the PJO books go into enough depth about ADHD?

Post by Greek_Geek Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Post for your chance to be in the podcast, we plan to record today.
Greek_Geek
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:51 pm

Greek_Geek wrote:Post for your chance to be in the podcast, we plan to record today.

When will it be up by?
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Greek_Geek Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:11 pm

Please if you not going to post for the podcast don't post. It will be up as soon as possible.
Greek_Geek
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Greek_Geek Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:07 am

This topic is now locked due to the fact that the podcast has been recorded. Watch out for more discussions in the MortalCast section.
Greek_Geek
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down