MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus?

+4
Pendragon
riczhang
Posidonsdaughter
Christof
8 posters

Go down

Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus?

Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Vote_lcap6%Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Vote_lcap0%Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Vote_lcap6%Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Vote_lcap0%Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Vote_lcap18%Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Vote_lcap70%Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Empty Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus?

Post by Christof Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:42 pm

I know this sounds wrong, but I really hope that he does. Rick is always going on about the fact that being a half blood is really dangerous, but who honestly thinks that they will die if they were a demigod. If Percy died, it would be a extremely close reminder that demigods die, and it's dangerous being one.

So anyway, what do you think. Should he die? If so, when will he die?
Christof
Christof
Webmaster
Webmaster

Imortal Parent : Kronos
Male Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Empty Re: Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus?

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:18 pm

PERCY CANNOT DIE.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus? Empty Re: Will Percy Die in The Heroes of Olympus?

Post by riczhang Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:56 pm

I do not believe that Percy will die, as he is a very important character, and lots of fans like him very much, and if Rick kills him off some people might stop reading The Heroes of Olympus, therefor it is bad marketing to kill of Percy.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:52 pm

I concur, it would be wrong if Percy died.
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Hephaestus
Male Number of posts : 754
Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot Sat May 01, 2010 1:50 am

If Percy and/or Annabeth kicked the bucket, the entire series wound be worthwhile for me.

I'm such a downer, I know. But, I never enjoyed either of them in the least.
Elliot
Elliot
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Undetermened
Female Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Christof Sat May 01, 2010 1:13 pm

riczhang wrote:I do not believe that Percy will die, as he is a very important character, and lots of fans like him very much, and if Rick kills him off some people might stop reading The Heroes of Olympus, therefor it is bad marketing to kill of Percy.

Actually, it is very good marketing. If someone who hasn't read PJO
reads HOO (heroes of olympus), then they are more likely to read PJO to
learn more about Percy because they can't learn anything more about him
in HOO. Also, PJO readers will re-read PJO to say goodbye to Percy. and
honestly, we still are going to buy the HOO, even if Percy dies)

Elliot wrote:If Percy and/or Annabeth kicked the bucket, the entire series wound be worthwhile for me.

I'm such a downer, I know. But, I never enjoyed either of them in the least.

Really? They wont be playing major role in HOO, so you won't get to see them much.

But I disagree. I think that they should die, but I don't think that they should die because they are annoying. I think that they should die because it would make the series interesting.

Rick Riordan has never gunned down the main characters, and he only killed two semi-main characters that nobody cared about in LO. I really hope that changes, because honestly, all those topics about who would die were created because it could happen, not because anybody thought that they would happen.

Speculating about who would die would be a lot more fun if we actually new that he would kill of some major characters.

Percy was a major character, so killing him would be a big blow, but it wouldn't affect the plot much, since he isn't that important to HOO. Who knows, mayby Rick will do something new.
Christof
Christof
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat May 01, 2010 4:03 pm

But, if Percy died I would think twice about getting the next book in the series, unless Percy has been reduced to a really minor role.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Christof Sat May 01, 2010 4:15 pm

riczhang wrote:But, if Percy died I would think twice about getting the next book in the series, unless Percy has been reduced to a really minor role.

Why? I would want to see how the other demigods do without him, and how the series turns out.
Christof
Christof
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat May 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Percy, well he's the character I love most, and in my heart, so I'm not sure if I'll want to read more if he dies. But, you make a valid point, it would be interesting to see how he other demigods cope without, especially Annabeth. Also, I don't think that RIck would be cruel enough to leave Annabeth without Percy.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Christof Sat May 08, 2010 2:14 pm

I actually hope he is. Like I said before, Rick Riordan has never gunned down the main characters, and he only killed two semi-main characters that nobody cared about in LO. I really hope that changes, because honestly, all those topics about who would die were created because it could happen, not because anybody thought that they would happen.
Christof
Christof
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sat May 08, 2010 3:34 pm

yea it would add a twist and everything.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sun May 09, 2010 2:01 am

how would they continue with out him?
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Male Number of posts : 1473
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun May 09, 2010 2:25 am

posiden#1god wrote:how would they continue with out him?

They'll adapt, I suppose everyone will in real life and in fiction, about anyone. They'll learn but it will be hard, and I wouldn't want to read about it. Still think that it is bad marketing, so Percy in my opinion shouldn't die in the series.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel Sun May 09, 2010 12:13 pm

Ahhhh... that would be horrible... i would cry! but as weird as it seems, i hope it happens... it would add a twist, you know? good people dying is something that makes books good... (kinda spoiler alert ahead, but just a little) like the Last Olympian was perfect, not too many deaths but enough... and at the end... it made the book AMAZING in my opinion... You know a book is good when it makes you cry... Smile
DiaClaireNoel
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 642
Humor : "Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?" He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this"- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -"distracting?"
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sun May 09, 2010 6:14 pm

I would be really disapointed if they killed of percy even if he did make it work he is a big reason why we all read the book's i dont want to see percy die!
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun May 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Period he won't do it!
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sun May 09, 2010 11:11 pm

if he does i will stop reading his books completly!
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun May 09, 2010 11:13 pm

We're going around in circles now. - LOCKED
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down