MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INTERVIEW with Rick Riordan TODAY, Thursday, October 7, 2010

5 posters

Go down

INTERVIEW with Rick Riordan TODAY, Thursday, October 7, 2010  Empty INTERVIEW with Rick Riordan TODAY, Thursday, October 7, 2010

Post by Posidonsdaughter Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:30 pm

MortalNet interviewed Rick Riordan this afternoon via a webex connection. We were the only internet fan site to take part with six reporters from news publications. In the 50 minute chat with Rick, MortalNet asked nine questions. The news service reports also asked questions of Rick, as well seeing the video introduction of the book series and hearing from Rick some of his thoughts. Disney will be providing a transcript of interview shortly and we will post the entire interivew as soon as we have it. In the mean time here are the questions we asked Rick.

Terry: By the end of The Lost Hero, will we have met all seven heroes mentioned in the New Prophecy?

Rick: Ah, sorry, but I can't tell you that without giving too much away.

Terry: In the second chapter of the Lost Hero, Storm Spirits which are called Venti are seen. Venti are Latin, so why are Roman creations being controlled by Greek Deities?

Rick: That is a really good question. For me, this links to the fact that Roman and Greek mythology have the same origin. It is also a hint that later in the book, that line will be blurred a little.

Terry: This next question is from our web master Christof. What other myths would you consider writing after The Heroes of Olympus and the Kane Chronicles are finished?

Rick: Well there are so many different ideas I have that it would take over a life time to write all of them. At the forefront, I would really llike to do Norse mythology. But even if I did, it would at least four years in the future before I could even consider that, what with all that I have going on right now.

Terry: Did you enjoy writing The Lost Hero more than writing Percy Jackson and the Olympians?

Rick: Well it was definitely interesting writing the books through the eyes of more than just one person. It was a fun experience and I'm glad to have done it.

Terry: Is Nico's presense at camp going to be positive or negative?

Rick: On that, I'll tell you right off the bat that Nico is not in the Lost Hero. But do not count him out; he will come to play a very important role in the new series.

Terry: Throughout the Lost Hero, will the gods keep their pledge and claim their demigod children?

Rick: The gods being who they are, I've yet to see them keep a promise indefinitely. We will have to just wait and see.

Terry: Will it be dificult for Leo to get Festus the dragon away from the ant hill? (Festus is a mechanical dragon that was mentioned in one of the stories in the Demigod Files, a short book Rick published between the 4th and 5th Percy Jackson books)

Rick: As far as Festus goes, getting him away from the ant hill will be the least of Leo's problems at camp.

Terry: Alright, now for some Kane Chronicles questions. Will the children of the Pharoahs come to Brooklyn to Train? And will Amos assist in the training?

Rick: Well, at the end of the Red Pyramid, we left Carter and Sadie as they prepare to find others like themselves. As for Amos, he was still recovering from being possessed by Set, which was a very trying experience. So will Carter and Sadie succeed? Well, we will just have to wait and see.

Terry: Okay, the last question. In the next Kane Chronicles book, will Zia be recovered? Will Nepthys still inhabit her, and will she remember the events of the Red Pyramid, and more specifically, Carter?

Rick: As you can probably imagine, I can't tell you that, sorry. Carter will definitely be looking for her, and we all hope he will find her.

Last edited by Posidonsdaughter on Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

INTERVIEW with Rick Riordan TODAY, Thursday, October 7, 2010  Empty Re: INTERVIEW with Rick Riordan TODAY, Thursday, October 7, 2010

Post by posiden#1god Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:18 am

That sounds awsome hope you had fun.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Male Number of posts : 1473
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

INTERVIEW with Rick Riordan TODAY, Thursday, October 7, 2010  Empty Re: INTERVIEW with Rick Riordan TODAY, Thursday, October 7, 2010

Post by riczhang Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:25 am

Great interview, some good information, and I'm quite disappointed actuatlly that Nico isn't in the new series.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:29 am

I just listened and Pendragon did the question asking. To put it in his words, "I was the only kid with 6 boring old book people."

Rick remembered Pendragon from his other two interviews. It was fun and we are getting a free copy of [The Lost Hero.[/i] That we will use for a give away on MortalNet.

Last edited by Posidonsdaughter on Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:32 am

So have you got it already?
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:28 am

No they will send it out to us for the Tuesday release.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:05 am

Posidonsdaughter wrote:No they will send it out to us for the Tuesday release.

I was so excited for like 2 seconds back there.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:10 pm

I want to win that so bad.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Male Number of posts : 1473
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:33 am

Well my friend I hope you do!
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:20 am

Those are some really good questions! I cannot wait for TLH!
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:45 am

Disney is being very slow in getting the transcript out.

Only 3 more days until TLH
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:19 pm

ahh! big evil red words!!!!!!! NOOOO!!!!

anyways,

wow the interview sounds great!
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum