MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Story

+4
Luke
Pendragon
PJO-geek
arrowhead_carly
8 posters

Go down

Your Story Empty Your Story

Post by arrowhead_carly Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:27 pm

I came to camp almost immediately after the war had ended. I was oblivious to the fact that there even was a war, or a camp for demigods, when I got there by accident. I had allied myself with Zoe, daughter of Hades, right after she saved me from Mrs. McGarrahan (that's another story entirely), then later we found Jamie, son of Demeter. After we got to camp, our lives were a lot easier until we went home for the year. Cuz that's when we found Alex. I really did think he was a fellow son of Apollo until he stabbed Tyson in the back (literally) and said he was the son of Hyperion, titan of light. He was the first of six demititans that we found and defeated. We don't know if Mr. Riordan is gonna write about it or not. Now I'm just chillin at camp.
arrowhead_carly
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Apollo
Female Number of posts : 12
Humor : Random/Sarcasm
Registration date : 2009-12-12

Back to top Go down

Your Story Empty Re: Your Story

Post by PJO-geek Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:33 am

just a quick question, is this supposed to be fiction? Your Story Icon_neutral
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 749
Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 am

Arrowhead_carly, that's a great story! You should really elaborate on it. Power to the pen!
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Hephaestus
Male Number of posts : 754
Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:11 am

I always lived in tough times with the war and all but ever since Zues and his buddies found out I was related to Ares its been monster after monster. Its not always been easy finding a new sword after you keep shattering them on monsters skulls. That Percy got it easy with Riptide, but a son of Ares without a proper sword now thats not right. If your looking to find me just head up to New York my aparments the one with the monsters corpses lying all around. Oh if you wouldn't mind bringing me a sword.
Luke
Luke
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Hermes
Male Number of posts : 959
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:49 am

message deleted. -- end of line --

Last edited by Pendragon on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : delete)
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:06 pm

Like many other demigods, I arrived at Camp Half-Blood right after the war ended. I was different from the rest, however, for I already knew I was a demigod. Hephaestus had claimed me as his son when I was quite young. Still, I wouldn't have survived for long without help. My father sent me 2 gifts. The first was a weapon, an enchanted silver ring that can transform into any weapon I wish(sword, bow, axe, spear, shield, etc..). The second gift was a friend, although I have to admit, her arrival was somewhat unorthodox, seeing as we tried to kill each other when first we met. You would've reacted the same way if you had seen a massive silver-black dragon flying straight at you in a deserted castle ruin on the outskirts of Dublin! Anyway, tempers cooled, and she identified herself as Emrys. We took off together, though Emrys was slightly ticked off after I poked her in the leg with a halberd. We grew very close over time, and when I turned 14, my father sent me a message to go with Emrys to America to a place called Camp Half-Blood. Hephaestus told me I would find other demigods there, and a home at last. We boarded a ship(What? You think Emrys was gonna fly us there? Even SHE can't fly that far!) for New York. It was pretty difficult trying to smuggle her onboard in an empty van crate and explain away the scorch marks. Finally, after a mid-trip run-in with a sea serpent and the first mate turning out to be a sphinx(Emrys thought he was delicious), we flew across the camp border. I have to say, it was great to see Clarisse's face as we flew overhead, and it was HILARIOUS to watch her fly her pegasus into the side of the Big House. Right now, I'm playing mechanic with the Bronze Dragon. I'm thinking about tricking it out with camouflage scales. Emrys thinks it's a lousy imitation of a dragon. She's just jealous, I think.

Last edited by Pendragon on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:47 am

Aww man I didnnt mean to rate it down Bobby I thought it was to scroll, is there a way to change it
Luke
Luke
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:08 am

I'm not sure, but s'okay, I know you didn't mean it.
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:45 am

It was good I always wanted to write somthing in journal style like that I just never was very succesful at it. If you plan on continueing it ( which I highly suggest) take a look at how Dan hale writes he's mastered the journal style of writting. O and just a couple suggestions, I noticed a couple poorly structered sentances in other words the were just a little hard to read.

For example:

"The second gift was a friend, although I have to admit, her arrival was somewhat unorthodox, seeing as we tried to kill each other when first we met."

Instead of using "although" try using "but" or simply split the sentence into seperate parts and elaberate.

Just a quick note always spell out numbers unless they are over one hundred, and mabye lose the parenthasese. This just my opinion sorry if it sounds harsh your a good writter. If you plan on continuing this story send me the chapters I will proof read them for you.

Keep writting,

Luke ( My real names Zach as seen in my story ha)
Luke
Luke
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:40 am

Okay, thanks Luke. Anyone else wanna take a jab at my story? I welcome biting criticism with open, scaly arms!
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Please update soon?
Luke
Luke
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:49 pm

wow i think thats good. its like the veiw of actual campers and rick writing about them. thats really creative. keep on writing
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:29 am

tinkerirock wrote:wow i think thats good. its like the veiw of actual campers and rick writing about them. thats really creative. keep on writing

agree. it kind of brings in the whole new thing about- "kids of titans". pretty kewl

please do update soon- maybe even trun it into a Fanfiction
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Unfortunatey Arrowhead_Carly hasn't posted since she wrote her story last 12/13. Pendragon please continue your piece or make it into fanfiction.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:28 pm

aww that suxz

omg i love ur story, Pendragon! its awesome, keep on writing! it took me a while to figure out that you friend (forgot name, sry) was a dragon! haha, i like reading fast, so i usually skim ovr important parts.
i love it!! keep writing,
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:40 am

Sniff* you guys don't like Eragon? Hey Pendragon I can help you with your plot if you want.
Luke
Luke
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 am

It's not, not liking Eragon, Luke. I've just not read it.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:38 pm

Thanks for the compliment, Tink. Although, for both our sakes, be careful what you post about my dragon, Emrys. She's REALLY touchy 'bout stuff like that. Like "torch stuff" touchy. She nearly got my laptop 2 days ago. YIKES! Your Story Affraid
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 pm

message deleted--end of line--

Last edited by Pendragon on Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : delete)
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:01 pm

Pendragon instead of a double post, edit the post you already put in. Luke, I think your story is interesting. I just don't understand it all.

Pendragon, maybe you need to go see the movie 'How to Train Your Dragon'.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Heh, yeah maybe. That movie looks great. Emrys doesn't think so. She's VERY picky when it comes to representations of dragons.
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel Mon May 10, 2010 1:03 am

ha... my story is long and a bit confusing...

it starts out with my father... he's mortal, and Aphrodite took a liking to him... they... hooked up... and my sister, Electa was born. then Athena came along... and also took a liking to my father. and i was made. Aphrodite got extremely jealous, she was rather possesive of my dad, and she tried to kill me when i was only 8, but Electa stepped in front of me and she died. then instead of killing me, Aphrodite cursed me... then my dad immediately sent me to camp to keep me safe (a normal reaction after the death of one of his kids) and since then my life has been miserable, thanks to Aphrodite. The pattern is; I fall in love, he dies. I fall in love, he breaks up with me. i fall in love, he cheats on me. stuff like that. sooooo it prety much sucks... but then on a quest i saved a daughter of aphrodite, and she begged her mom to lift the curse... so she did Smile and i lived happily ever after... well, as happy as you can get when you're a demigod and your always getting attacked by monsters and such Smile
DiaClaireNoel
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 642
Humor : "Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?" He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this"- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -"distracting?"
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down