MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please??

+4
TheAravis
penguinsoldier
riczhang
marcos522
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should i keep writing?

I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Vote_lcap33%I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Vote_lcap67%I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Vote_lcap0%I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Vote_lcap0%I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Empty I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please??

Post by marcos522 Sat May 15, 2010 10:01 pm

I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Affraid Tell me what do you think about my story "The rising threat". It's in fanfiction. I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Affraid

I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_study "The rising threat". I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_study

I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_sad Please people i need reviews!!, i want to know what people think of my story. To make sure if i should continue or not. I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_sad

I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_study I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_farao I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_king I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_study

Last edited by marcos522 on Fri May 28, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
marcos522
marcos522
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 66
Humor : Puerto Rico is Apollos's island.
Registration date : 2010-05-15

Back to top Go down

I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Empty Re: I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please??

Post by riczhang Sat May 15, 2010 10:07 pm

Do you have a link in it.

A question, is this Egyptian or is it Greek. Not to be harsh, but you should stick to just one, instead of incorporating deities such as Ra, but the same time also having Annabeth in it. Greek and Egyptian in my opinion should stay separate. Also you should edit your story more carefully, got get rid of spelling, grammer, and wording mistakes.(Some parts the wording doesn't make sense.)

This is a bit off topic, but welcome to mortalnet's forum.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Empty Re: I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please??

Post by marcos522 Sat May 15, 2010 10:54 pm

Thanks for reviewing. I just wanted to make something diffrent. I don't think it's out of topic. Because thats the topic, the egyptians are rising, and they want power over the olympians. If you think the olympian and egyptian universes should keep sepret it's YOUR opinion, i think that the two universes colliding is a very good subject. But Carter ans Sadie aren't in my story.
marcos522
marcos522
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat May 15, 2010 10:58 pm

marcos522 wrote:Thanks for reviewing. I just wanted to make something diffrent. I don't think it's out of topic. Because thats the topic, the egyptians are rising, and they want power over the olympians. If you think the olympian and egyptian universes should keep sepret it's YOUR opinion, i think that the two universes colliding is a very good subject. But Carter ans Sadie aren't in my story.

Just making constructive criticism, and when are you going to get chapter 5 up?
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by marcos522 Sat May 15, 2010 11:03 pm

I think tomorow or the day after that, or maybe today!!! . School ended a week ago, so i have alot of time. I think i'm going to make a quest, i have an idea, but if i tell you it'll be like ruining the suspens for you.
marcos522
marcos522
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinsoldier Sat May 15, 2010 11:31 pm

I feel the story may be moving abit too quickly. I know it probably will be a lot driven story, but I'd like to get to know the characters more, people like Marcus and his two new best friends. I'm assuming Marcos is you, so you could maybe imagine what it would be like to stumble across this world and what you would feel, and maybe write about that.

I also the friendships need more development than what was in the story; maybe something happened that brought them together?

The humour thoughtout the story seems a little Rick Riordan-esque, do you know what I mean? It sounds like you are trying to write in a similar style as him. I don't know if thats true but maybe your own personal style would suit the story more.

Just some ideas.
penguinsoldier
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Iris
Male Number of posts : 256
Humor : Anyone got any fish?
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by marcos522 Sat May 15, 2010 11:49 pm

Thanks for reviewing. Thanks for you're opinion, it really means alot to me. I'm writing in my style, i usually write like this. it might be going a bit fast, but that's what builds suspense. And in the next chapter i'm going to put a conversation, so they could get to know each other better. And the reason they bonded so quikly is that they feel a conection between them . And remember in the lightning thief? Percy and Annabeth weren't all that of friends, but during the quest they bonded. I'm planning to do that.
marcos522
marcos522
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis Sun May 16, 2010 12:11 am

I usually don't go on Mortalnet's fanfiction (I go on fanfiction.net.), so forgive me if I say something wrong.

I read the first chapter, and this is what I think:
You need some help in grammar. Do they have beta readers on mortal net?
The plot has some potential, but you need to make some creative twists.
Annabeth was out of character. A beta reader could fix this, if you got a good one, but I don't know if there are beta readers on this site.

So, good luck!
TheAravis
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by marcos522 Sun May 16, 2010 1:35 am

Thanks for reviewing, i already improved my grammar. And no, we don't have beta readers in mortalnet, fanfiction.I think. What do you mean about creative twists? and annabeth was out of character? i don't think so.
marcos522
marcos522
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun May 16, 2010 1:39 am

I sent you a PM on it.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by marcos522 Sun May 16, 2010 2:07 am

Thanks for reviewing. Were's that line from?. oh, the red pyramid.
marcos522
marcos522
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun May 16, 2010 2:20 am

marcos522 wrote:Thanks for reviewing, i already improved my grammar. And no, we don't have beta readers in mortalnet, fanfiction.I think. What do you mean about creative twists? and annabeth was out of character? i don't think so.

I could pre-read for you if you would like.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun May 16, 2010 2:45 pm

i'l try to get to it later for more feedback if you'd like.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by marcos522 Sun May 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Thanks riczhang, that would be great.
marcos522
marcos522
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel Sun May 16, 2010 6:15 pm

I think it's a very good story Smile I agree with you, the two universes colliding thing is cool. I think it's a great idea. But just so you know, Artemis is a maiden goddess, so she cant really have any kids... just pointing that out... because Andrea is a daughter of Artemis... yeah. So maybe elaborate on that, like she was born out of Artemis' bow or something like that, cuz u know, Athena's kids come out of her head, and she's still a maiden goddess. so that would be good. but overall i liked it Smile
DiaClaireNoel
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 642
Humor : "Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?" He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this"- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -"distracting?"
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun May 16, 2010 6:17 pm

DiaClaireNoel wrote:I think it's a very good story Smile I agree with you, the two universes colliding thing is cool. I think it's a great idea. But just so you know, Artemis is a maiden goddess, so she cant really have any kids... just pointing that out... because Andrea is a daughter of Artemis... yeah. So maybe elaborate on that, like she was born out of Artemis' bow or something like that, cuz u know, Athena's kids come out of her head, and she's still a maiden goddess. so that would be good. but overall i liked it Smile

There are lots of fanfic stories about Artemis's kids.(My keyboard is typing French right now and I can not change it back. So excuse any French letters)
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel Sun May 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Yeah, ik, i'm just saying that technically she vowed never to have any kids... well, i'm sure she'd be fine with the kids, but not... you know... she vowed not to do that. so.... yeah. and btw, i dont see any french letters, so you're okay
DiaClaireNoel
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Humor : "Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?" He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this"- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -"distracting?"

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun May 16, 2010 6:59 pm

DiaClaireNoel wrote:Yeah, ik, i'm just saying that technically she vowed never to have any kids... well, i'm sure she'd be fine with the kids, but not... you know... she vowed not to do that. so.... yeah. and btw, i dont see any french letters, so you're okay

I restarted the computer so it's fine now, and sometimes they are described like cyclopes a mistake.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel Sun May 16, 2010 7:30 pm

sure... and btw how did your computer switch to french? i dont even think mine can if i want it to... but its kinda old
DiaClaireNoel
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun May 16, 2010 8:26 pm

DiaClaireNoel wrote:sure... and btw how did your computer switch to french? i dont even think mine can if i want it to... but its kinda old

I was doing French homework, and then I suppose the computer detected that I was typing french and turned the keyboard into french.

Back on-topic, so Marco just PM me the story rather than sending me an e-mail cause I don't check my e-mail often.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAravis Sun May 16, 2010 8:43 pm

riczhang wrote:
DiaClaireNoel wrote:I think it's a very good story Smile I agree with you, the two universes colliding thing is cool. I think it's a great idea. But just so you know, Artemis is a maiden goddess, so she cant really have any kids... just pointing that out... because Andrea is a daughter of Artemis... yeah. So maybe elaborate on that, like she was born out of Artemis' bow or something like that, cuz u know, Athena's kids come out of her head, and she's still a maiden goddess. so that would be good. but overall i liked it Smile

There are lots of fanfic stories about Artemis's kids.(My keyboard is typing French right now and I can not change it back. So excuse any French letters)

Those Artemis's kids stories are usually cliche and badly written. No offense, but that's the truth. Having them born from her bow would be cool, but explaining why that no one was born out of her bow before that would be hard.

marcos522 wrote:Thanks for reviewing, i already improved my grammar. And no, we don't have beta readers in mortalnet, fanfiction.I think. What do you mean about creative twists? and annabeth was out of character? i don't think so.

The grammar still needs a little help. I could help you with it, if you want. Just PM and I'll give you my e-mail. And about Annabeth being OOC, I never really thought her the type to say "Oh, you poor thing."
TheAravis
TheAravis
Minor Demigod
Minor Demigod

Imortal Parent : Demeter
Female Number of posts : 485
Humor : The Walrus is Paul. -John Lennon, Glass Onion
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by marcos522 Mon May 17, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi, It's Marcos522 here. I changed a couple of things in my story. I think i resolved the problem of Annabeth being OOC. I'm sorry i put Andrea the daughter of Artemis. It was late when i wrote that, I wanted her to be good at archery and healing. So, i put her the daughter of Apollo now. Sorry for the sudden change.
marcos522
marcos522
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Empty I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! Please, can someone... I don't know... HELP!?!

Post by marcos522 Mon May 24, 2010 6:00 am

Hey, people. I'm currently writing a story on Mortalnet's Fanfiction. It's called "The rising threat". Here you can tell me what you think of my story, Ask if you don't understand something, and tell me what you think or want to happen next in my story. I'm hoping you can help me out.

I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_farao I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Affraid I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_arrow http://mnfanfiction.uuuq.com/viewstory.php?sid=40 I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_exclaim I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Affraid I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_king

Last edited by marcos522 on Tue May 25, 2010 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
marcos522
marcos522
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by marcos522 Mon May 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Please, can anyone help me with my story? I know i'm not the best writer around, but i want to know what people think of it.

I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_study I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_farao I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Affraid Please!!! I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Affraid I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_king I need help with my story!!!! I need Ideas!!!! ... I don't know... can someone HELP!?! , Please?? Icon_study
marcos522
marcos522
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 24, 2010 9:38 pm

I'll try not to sound to harsh but, It's good but it could be better. It could be more well developed, and the characters seem a little off though I couldn't pin down what it was. Also, in 3 words(don't think to harsh of me, it's constructive criticism): I've seen worse/better.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next