MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series?

+10
rjvg92
Neptune95
Greek_Geek
BLUEFRiLL
tinkerirock
PJO-geek
Posidonsdaughter
riczhang
Cennedy125
veni-vidi-vici
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How much did you know about greek mythology, before reading PJO?

How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 5 ]
How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 6 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 23

How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Empty How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series?

Post by veni-vidi-vici Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Title says it all, how many of you were actually aware of the existence and the details of Greek mythology

Myself:

I've never studied it in school but its always fascinated me and I've read various Greek Myths and legends since about Age 7. I've looked at a lot of the general mythology and done research on it online.
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Male Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series?

Post by tinkerirock Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:59 pm

yea. and shine in the sun
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series?

Post by riczhang Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:18 pm

tinkerirock wrote:yea. and shine in the sun

It be awesome if the mummies weren't afraid of the sun.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by BLUEFRiLL Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:44 pm

mummies aren't rly egyptian mythology though, they will probably have gods like anubis etc
BLUEFRiLL
BLUEFRiLL
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:41 pm

*edited*
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Male Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Greek_Geek Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:10 pm

FIRST WARNING! SPAM AND GENERAL OFF-TOPICNESS!

I operate differently to other mods. I offer 2 warnings and then I lock the thread. Delete the posts. And keep it locked for a week.

No more speak of Vampires.

I got into Greek Mythology after playing Age of Mythology, I then visited the library every Friday after school until I exhaughsted their Greek Mythology recourses and have been hooked ever since.
Greek_Geek
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 pm

theoi link Listen on Rick's site is theoi dot com which an excellent source for Greek myth info. I agree with greek-geek whole heartily. Especially you older members going off topic. Start an Egyptian topic if that is what you want to discuss.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:46 pm

oh i dont know much bout egyptain. but about the greek-i have a question. when Gia and other gods had like titans, why didnt like the other-other gods have titans?? like most gods had heroes after, but why was it that like gia had titans??
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Posidonsdaughter wrote:theoi link Listen on Rick's site is theoi dot com which an excellent source for Greek myth info. I agree with greek-geek whole heartily. Especially you older members going off topic. Start an Egyptian topic if that is what you want to discuss.

I found the theoi site a bit hard to use though, I found it a bit messy, though I loved the info. Anyways I found out about Greek mythology from the time I got into Julies Ceaser and then I got to Roman Mythology, found out about the Greek mythology and borrowed every book I could get my hands on about it.

Last edited by riczhang on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Neptune95 Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:11 pm

I knew almost everything about Greek, its Culture, and absolutly the Myths...My Grandparents live in Greece, so everytime i visit them all by myself. They Taught all about its culture, and taught me how to Speak, Read, and Write Greek, i find Writeing it is VERY difficult! My Grandma always told there Myths, and everything about the Gods of Olympus! I was so exited when someone fianlly wrote a good Book Series, on Greek Myths!!!!!
Neptune95
Neptune95
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Undetermened
Male Number of posts : 42
Humor : If you where a Child of Zeus and Hera, wouldint that make you Royalty......poor, poor, Ares and Hephaestus?! :(
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by rjvg92 Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:24 am

i knew about it since i was a kid. i was fond of it because of the all famous her ules. and since the stories are interesting, i got the exact ideas when i read the series, and it's very loyal..
rjvg92
rjvg92
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 4
Humor : it's better to read than to watch - ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S PERCY
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:30 am

Neptune95 wrote:I knew almost everything about Greek, its Culture, and absolutly the Myths...My Grandparents live in Greece, so everytime i visit them all by myself. They Taught all about its culture, and taught me how to Speak, Read, and Write Greek, i find Writeing it is VERY difficult! My Grandma always told there Myths, and everything about the Gods of Olympus! I was so exited when someone fianlly wrote a good Book Series, on Greek Myths!!!!!

Bit off topic but I heard somewhere that modern Greek is just a dialect of Ancient Greek.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by gods_love_me Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:44 am

I didn't know much AT ALL! I only knew the three main gods (Zeus Poseidon,Hades) and what they did, but then I read the PJO series and learned a lot about the gods! I can even name all them now! How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
gods_love_me
gods_love_me
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Female Number of posts : 116
Location : Any where hanging out with my friends or just chillin
Humor : Ding dong bing bong! Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:33 am

gods_love_me wrote:I didn't know much AT ALL! I only knew the three main gods (Zeus Poseidon,Hades) and what they did, but then I read the PJO series and learned a lot about the gods! I can even name all them now! How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

So did you learn all of this from independent further reading or just from the series itself?
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by gods_love_me Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Mostly just the series though I did have to look up some stuff that was confusing,but not often
gods_love_me
gods_love_me
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Female Number of posts : 116
Location : Any where hanging out with my friends or just chillin
Humor : Ding dong bing bong! Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by asa100 Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:33 am

I was so obsessed in greek mythology and thingies like that ,I Knew a lot about it but reading percy jackson made me totally good in greek gods stories and legends How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Icon_farao

U.A.E Demigod How many of you were aware of Greek mythology before reading the percy jackson series? - Page 2 Icon_cool
asa100
asa100
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Male Number of posts : 88
Location : U.A.E,or is it cabin number 3 in camp?..., oh never mind
Humor : will I get transformed to a pine tree because Poseidon claimed me or will I just explode where ever I stood
Registration date : 2010-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:07 pm

i didn't know much. the usual like medusa, posiedon, things like that. then i read PJO and i like became an expert on it
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Same with me.
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Huntress Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:55 pm

I'm studying it at school.... and I have been obsessed with the subject since I was 7.

So yeah die-hard Myth fan.
Heard about the Percy Jackson series when it was first advertised but didn't want to read it because I thought it wouldn't stick to the material...but now I'm a fan Smile
Eternal Huntress
Eternal Huntress
Mortal
Mortal

Female Number of posts : 22
Humor : Random, weird things
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:49 pm

PJO does twist the myths a little bit... b/c in the old myths they sadly weren't as humorous to read about. (hi, dionysus)
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:58 pm

yea that is so true, because of the modern age, rick added a humorous personality to all of the characters
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Yeah, Rick definitely succeeded in the humor area!!
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2