MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did Annabeth know about Percy's weak spot?

+15
willrox
veni-vidi-vici
Palladog
Eternal Huntress
tinkerirock
Christof
Posidonsdaughter
Mark Dimiond
waterman1997
Veritas
percyjackson101
DarkZerkerX
PJO-geek
athenachick
Mrs. O' Leary
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How did Annabeth know about Percy's weak spot? Empty How did Annabeth know about Percy's weak spot?

Post by Mrs. O' Leary Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:24 pm

Did anyone else wonder how Annabeth knew to take the knife for Percy? When he said "her breath smelled like grapes" and he thought it was from the nectar, could a god (Dionysius) have intervened? Just wondering...
Mrs. O' Leary
Mrs. O' Leary
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Undetermened
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-14

Back to top Go down

How did Annabeth know about Percy's weak spot? Empty Re: How did Annabeth know about Percy's weak spot?

Post by athenachick Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:44 pm

u have a good point....... i dont really know how, she could have just guessed or something like that.....
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 593
Location : Camp Half-Blood, Athena Cabin (summer) Pittsburgh, PA (all other times)!!!!!!!
Humor : TAYLOR THE LATTE BOY!!!! go on youtube and listen to it!!!!!! (:
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

How did Annabeth know about Percy's weak spot? Empty Re: How did Annabeth know about Percy's weak spot?

Post by PJO-geek Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:08 pm

that's a very good question.... I think her grapes were from the nectar by the way. but how she knew to take the knife....wow.... ummmmmmm.... I have wondered about this, but right now I have absolutely NO idea. I'll think about it and get back later.
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 749
Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkZerkerX Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:03 am

Well...Annabeth has the laptop from Daedalus and maybe it had documentations of the River Styx?
DarkZerkerX
DarkZerkerX
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:08 pm

i think when Percy dived into the River Styx, he saw Annabeth and that saved him... maybe annabeth saw Percy in the River Styx and somehow knew what his weakpoint was
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by athenachick Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:10 pm

that actually does make sense, like, if u see someone, they would see you back...... that would be cool!!
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Location : Camp Half-Blood, Athena Cabin (summer) Pittsburgh, PA (all other times)!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:56 pm

maybe like an Iris message, only like from the underworld or something
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by athenachick Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 am

maybe like an IM in ur head.... that would be weird.....
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:52 am

ya that would.... or like an empanthy link- like the thing that Percy and Grover had
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:33 am

Actually if you think about it, an empathy link is probably the most plausible possibility. Not one as strong as the one that he had with Grover during Sea of Monsters but something more subliminal. If that was the case, he could have been unconsciously broadcasting his weekness to her without even realizing it. So her moving to defnd it would have been rather instinctual.
Veritas
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Hades
Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:37 pm

that would be scary if Percy didn't even know about the empathy link, like Veritas said, it maybe wasn't as strong in the Sea of Monsters. So, maybe if Percy died, Annabeth might feel pain, but not death
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:20 pm

but if you read back in The Last Olympian, Annabeth doesn't know about it until after they talk with Hermes. Although, the empathy link would make sense, but if you think about it, neither of them would know about it. kinda interesting...
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)

Back to top Go down

Post by waterman1997 Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:34 am

well, remember that she is the daughter of Athena so maybe she saw were percy defended the most then guessed it. but the grape part stumped me.
waterman1997
waterman1997
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 5
Humor : 9 out a 10
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by athenachick Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:23 pm

there are alot of ways to figure this out, and for all we know she could have just said someplace and waited for him to either YAY or NAY it.....
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:44 am

How did Annabeth know about Percy's weak spot? Lol anyway, there's many different ways that she could've figured it out. why doesn't some one e-mail Rick and ask him what he thinks? How did Annabeth know about Percy's weak spot? Icon_smile
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by athenachick Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:45 pm

oh, right duh!
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:28 pm

i wonder if it was just one of those things that never really occured to rick riordan- like the fans noticing it and all- COOL!
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

How did Annabeth know about Percy's weak spot? Empty How did Annabeth know Percy's weak spot?

Post by Mark Dimiond Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:10 pm

I agree with the necter being the grape smell, and the empathy link is a good theory. I think I could have been that she, being the daughter of Athena, was able to figure it out from his body language, maybe he was subconsciously protecting it more. She’s a smart girl, and they have known each other for years, so why shouldn't she be able to figure these things out?

Last edited by Mark Dimiond on Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling/ Grammer)
Mark Dimiond
Mark Dimiond
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Apollo
Male Number of posts : 46
Humor : ???
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:14 pm

true- athena is smart
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:42 pm

I Believe it was more of the "wisegirls" intuition than that of a empathy link. Dionysius could have planted something into Annabeth's head remember how he summoned Percy to the bar when he was trapped after fighting Typhon?
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Christof Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:54 pm

OK, this is a topic that could be discussed forever, and the only real way to answer it would be to ask Rick. To be honest, I think that It was just something that had to happen to move the plot along, but that couldn't be explained because it would ruin the plot (sortove like when Harry Potter just happens to arrive at the right time to see voldermort kill snape and get the memories).
Christof
Christof
Webmaster
Webmaster

Imortal Parent : Kronos
Male Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

How did Annabeth know about Percy's weak spot? Empty How did she know

Post by Mark Dimiond Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:36 am

Good point, you can't really explain everything or it's wouldnt be much of a book.
Mark Dimiond
Mark Dimiond
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Apollo
Male Number of posts : 46
Humor : ???
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:56 am

i think she knows is when she took the knife for him when they were fighting and he told her later
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

How did Annabeth know about Percy's weak spot? Empty Weak Spot...

Post by Eternal Huntress Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:18 pm

I think...although i may be wrong.. she didn't know about the weak spot. Later when Percy asks, something along the lines of "How did you know about the weak spot?"
im going to quote :::: page 187 - paperback
"How did you know?"
"Know what?"
..."My Achilles spot. If you hadn't taken the knife, i would've died."
...." I don't know Percy. I just had this feeling you were in danger. Where-where is the spot?"
"The small of my back"

i think the answers the question ...unless someone else has already said this....
Eternal Huntress
Eternal Huntress
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 22
Humor : Random, weird things
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:23 pm

yea i knew iit was something like that, just didnt realy know the words Smile thankz
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next