MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why

+14
imademigod
Cennedy125
The_Megal
Mark Dimiond
Daughter of Athena
Luke
Artemisrocks
demi...gawd!
Pendragon
athenachick
riczhang
percyjackson101
tinkerirock
Posidonsdaughter
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it?

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_lcap36%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 15 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 42

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Empty PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why

Post by Posidonsdaughter Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is just how you rate the movie not a review of it. Do comment on why you rate it that way.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Empty Re: PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why

Post by Posidonsdaughter Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:04 am

I agree. By the time Sea of Monsters comes out, if they don't blow the movie it will get much bigger numbers. I definitely put in my money's worth this weekend.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Empty Re: PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why

Post by Mark Dimiond Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:28 am

I read on wikipedia that SoM comes out 2012. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Jackson_&_the_Olympians#Film) I don't think I can wait that long, and neather can the actors really. Lucky for us, the knew Camp half blood series is spost to start this fall, so we have something to obsess over untill then. :^)
Mark Dimiond
Mark Dimiond
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Apollo
Male Number of posts : 46
Humor : ???
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Athena Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:38 am

Really they are coming out with another movie! I didn't think they would. To be honest I don't want to see SoM. They really messed up Lightning Thief why are they going to make another bad one?
Daughter of Athena
Daughter of Athena
Moderators
Moderators

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 1050
Humor : I think of random stuff!
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:59 am

I disagree with DoA. I really enjoyed the movie all 5 times. I'm happy they are making more.
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Hephaestus
Male Number of posts : 754
Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Cennedy125 Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:42 pm

I thought it was very good! The girl who played Annebeth did a good job even though she didn't have blounde hair and gray eyes. There were a LOT of changes but the movie was still great.
Cennedy125
Cennedy125
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 874
Humor : You shall not Blast my son to bits!! (yeah, that happens every day)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Athena Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:17 am

I thought that the movie would have been good if I didn't read the book.
Daughter of Athena
Daughter of Athena
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:37 am

Daughter of Athena wrote:I thought that the movie would have been good if I didn't read the book.

I think that's why as people have said before, keep an open mind. Because after reading the books you'll have certain expectation for the movies. An example is that I thought that HP5 was a bad movie, but if you look at it from the View of an open-minded/a person who hasn't read the book than it is a really good movie. So I think that people should just loosen up and stop being so cynical and so just relax and enjoy the movie.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Athena Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:39 am

Yes But it is really hard to do so.
Daughter of Athena
Daughter of Athena
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:43 am

Daughter of Athena wrote:Yes But it is really hard to do so.
I know, I had the same problems too, but just don't complain. You're lucky to get a movie out of the book, cause I have books that I'm totally obessesed with that don't have a movie. Just enjoy the movie while you can because there might nto be another one.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Athena Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:59 am

Very true!
Daughter of Athena
Daughter of Athena
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:11 am

Daughter of Athena I was feeling what I believe you are about a month ago, as the interviews were coming out and more ads showing a distinctly different story and scenes than what were in the book. I vented, I was upset, I felt betrayed, but eventually I came to an not pleased acceptance. Once I accepted the movie was indeed was going to a be a separate work of art and only loosely based on the book, I was able to enjoy it as it was.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:48 am

Posidonsdaughter wrote:Daughter of Athena I was feeling what I believe you are about a month ago, as the interviews were coming out and more ads showing a distinctly different story and scenes than what were in the book. I vented, I was upset, I felt betrayed, but eventually I came to an not pleased acceptance. Once I accepted the movie was indeed was going to a be a separate work of art and only loosely based on the book, I was able to enjoy it as it was.

I was disappointed with the trailers too because the trailer that came with HP6 actually seemed to follow the story more than what I've heard.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Athena Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:57 am

Well the first trailer had scenes that weren't even in the movie!
Daughter of Athena
Daughter of Athena
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:18 am

yea i remember dat!! like when percy's like "whoa, my father's posiedon" and hes sitting and then when grovers like "your blood is special"
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:32 am

That type of thing happens all the time. I missed not seeing him at the guards desk too.

EVERYONE please make sure you vote on the LT movie poll. THANKS Very Happy

Last edited by Posidonsdaughter on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Athena Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:12 am

Another seen would be getting out of the taxi and going to the elevator!
Daughter of Athena
Daughter of Athena
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

PJOLT MOVIE how do you rate it and why - Page 3 Empty Epic Failure

Post by demi...gawd! Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:06 am

Hey I just read on Movie Moron that this guy's ten year old daughter stormed out of the theatre halfway through CRYING. Thats how bad the movie was.

I personally think that will be me if i see a trailer for SoM when im actually trying to watch a happy movie...
demi...gawd!
demi...gawd!
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 52
Humor : The Lightning THief Movie (cuz it FAILS!!!)
Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:21 am

You're right DoA, after seeing that teaser trailer 100's of times I fully expected it to be in the film.

I just heard an incredible interview by Rick Riordan. Go to http://www.onpointradio.org/2010/02/rick-riordans-percy-jackson

THE INTERVIEW IS AN HOUR LONG!

TO PUT IN SOME HIGHLIGHTS:

He refutes that his books were HP coat tail like works. "That all books will be held to the HP gold standard" for this generation. The fact that Percy goes to get trained like Harry did. Rick goes on to say that so did Hercules, Peresus, Jason and mentioned others.
Talking of the movie - which do to his writing schedule he has not seen,yet. He said, "What an honor it is to have your book made into a movie. But that it was tricky to turn your work over to Hollywood and you just cross your fingers and trust that they will make from his art a movie that works as it own separate work of art." Since the movies release he has heard a spectrum of feedback and that overall his book fans are pleased, saying it is a pretty good movie. His own two sons who know his books better than any one saw the movie, and said, "Yea, Dad, it isn't bad." They enjoyed it. Rick also said the movie has to be judged as it own merits, as a separate work of art.
He takes over the air questons as well as internet questons. A highlight is his reading from the beginning of The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid.
One other intesting queston and answer: Q: "Do you believe in the gods?" RR: "Oh, no, that is too frightening to even consider. They are fun to write about, but I 'm glad my fate is not in their hands."
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Athena Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:49 am

Posidonsdaughter wrote:You're right DoA, after seeing that teaser trailer 100's of times I fully expected it to be in the film.

I just heard an incredible interview by Rick Riordan. Go to http://www.onpointradio.org/2010/02/rick-riordans-percy-jackson

THE INTERVIEW IS AN HOUR LONG!

TO PUT IN SOME HIGHLIGHTS:

He refutes that his books were HP coat tail like works. "That all books will be held to the HP gold standard" for this generation. The fact that Percy goes to get trained like Harry did. Rick goes on to say that so did Hercules, Peresus, Jason and mentioned others.
Talking of the movie - which do to his writing schedule he has not seen,yet. He said, "What an honor it is to have your book made into a movie. But that it was tricky to turn your work over to Hollywood and you just cross your fingers and trust that they will make from his art a movie that works as it own separate work of art." Since the movies release he has heard a spectrum of feedback and that overall his book fans are pleased, saying it is a pretty good movie. His own two sons who know his books better than any one saw the movie, and said, "Yea, Dad, it isn't bad." They enjoyed it. Rick also said the movie has to be judged as it own merits, as a separate work of art.
He takes over the air questons as well as internet questons. A highlight is his reading from the beginning of The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid.
One other intesting queston and answer: Q: "Do you believe in the gods?" RR: "Oh, no, that is too frightening to even consider. They are fun to write about, but I 'm glad my fate is not in their hands."
Sweet thanks!
Daughter of Athena
Daughter of Athena
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:04 am

I believe this movie will do well enough for book 2 Sea of Monsters to be made. I personally feel that once it is on DVD it will become even more popular as all those kids in particular, but not leaving out other age groups, see it over and over.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:14 pm

**innocent of watching it over and over**
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Innocent tink? Not I.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:40 pm

i mean watching the movie over and over when it comes out on DVD. anyways, i rate it 9/10 because even though they switched up the movie, the story was efficent and they tied it in with modern and mythology evenly.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Yeah, that's about what I rated it(9/10).
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Hephaestus
Male Number of posts : 754
Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemisrocks Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:27 am

I liked it but they screwed everything up.
Artemisrocks
Artemisrocks
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 811
Humor : I love my CRAZY,GORGEOUS, LAME FRIENDS!
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next