MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW QUESTIONS FOR RICK - think hard

+2
veni-vidi-vici
Posidonsdaughter
6 posters

Go down

NEW QUESTIONS FOR RICK - think hard Empty NEW QUESTIONS FOR RICK - think hard

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:07 pm

Okay, you all know we interviewed Rick on 3/14 at the Met in NYC. We had some great questions for that interview. Well we have tickets for Symphony Space on 5/4, where Rick is having his official opening for The Red Pyramid. We are hoping to get a second interview with Rick.

Now your homework. Go over the questions and answers that were asked him during the lecture, our interview, the printed emails that Christof and others from Mortalnet sent Rick when he accepting emails, and maybe some other interviews that he has given.

COME UP WITH GOOD PROBING UNASKED QUESTIONS FOR RICK. Please do not list here questions that we already know the answers to. Come up with Egyptian questions too.

I have invited 2 other fan sites to come up with questions as well. I did this hoping that representating 3 fan sites would woo them into granting us a second interview only 6 weeks apart.

So get your talented gray matter working, Athena's children your grayer matter thinking, and come up with some stellar questions.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

NEW QUESTIONS FOR RICK - think hard Empty Re: NEW QUESTIONS FOR RICK - think hard

Post by veni-vidi-vici Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:10 pm

How to demi gods have their parents appearance if the gods do not actually have DNA like he states in TLO, there by rendering genetic transfer of the physical attributes.

Now that is something I'd like him to answer.

---------------------------------------------------------

You said in TLO's acknowledgments that the 7 people listed with your thanks would have a place at camp halfblood, is that a subtle hint that those peoples first names would be the names of the 7 characters.

(btw just to say i don't actually have the acknowledgment page in my copy so I'm taking this from a post i saw earlier on the forum)

Last edited by veni-vidi-vici on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Male Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

NEW QUESTIONS FOR RICK - think hard Empty Re: NEW QUESTIONS FOR RICK - think hard

Post by riczhang Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:12 pm

How long do Demigods usually live???
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Centaurs and Cyclopes both disintegrate into dust like normal monsters, does that mean they reform later like monsters normally do? If so how long would they take to?

----------------------------

i know he probably wont answer but: The new series doesn't have anything to do with the Gigantomachy by any chance? (even if he doesnt answer just gauge his reaction)

----------------------------

What specific age group are you going to target with the new series? 8-12 year olds or are you going to write for the slightly more grown up age band, who were your original target audience who've grown up now
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:02 pm

Will there ever be a female centaur (centauress?) in your modern Greek Mythological world?

They are mentioned in the war with the Lapiths, by Ovid (43 BCE -18 CE)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hylonome

(BCE = Before Common Era, equivalent of BC without religious links)
(CE = Common Era, equivalent of AD without religious links)

----------------------------------

What does the comment (by the river god of the Hudson), " 'Curse of Achilles,' Hudson snorted. 'They always think that'll save them, don't they?' ". Surely this line infers that there are more than just the 3 who took the curse of Achilles (Achilles, Luke and Percy)?
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:01 am

How about will Camp Half-Blood ever get more magical boundaries?
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:09 am

Will camp expand by it self when it reaches capacity or does it have to be expanded using manual labor.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:25 pm

Is there any particular reason why some humans have the ability to see through the mist or is it some completely random trait which just pops up all of the time? And, in the PJO series its appears to be only mortal women who can see through the mist, is that intentional?
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by athenachick Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:01 pm

for your new Eqyptian Series, how did you come up with it? it just seems soooo cool that it sounds like it will be an amazing story. Also, what are your motives for writing it?
athenachick
athenachick
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 593
Location : Camp Half-Blood, Athena Cabin (summer) Pittsburgh, PA (all other times)!!!!!!!
Humor : TAYLOR THE LATTE BOY!!!! go on youtube and listen to it!!!!!! (:
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:57 pm

oo nice one

how bout "Why did you choose Persues (percy) for the main character and not any other heros?"

Last edited by tinkerirock on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changing question)
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

NEW QUESTIONS FOR RICK - think hard Empty SPOILER ALERT FOR TLO!!

Post by percyjackson101 Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:24 am

would rachel be annoucing prophecies in her new cave for every quest that the demigods go on, just like the Orcale of Delphi did in the past quests?

*this kind of relates to the one above: will rachel have control over the prophecies in the new series, or will she be blurting them out at any randome time?
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:49 am

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. GO TO THE RED PYRAMID TOPIC SITE TO POST QUESTIONS. THANK YOU.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down