MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N finally here - What are you doing this summer?

+17
Azteza
AnnoyingOrangefan18
gods_love_me
SophiaFoutsitzis
TheSilverHunter
Percyrox12
percabethsprincess
posiden#1god
Artemisrocks
tinkerirock
percyjackson101
Cennedy125
PJO-geek
Seaweedbrain027
riczhang
smoothmoves97
Posidonsdaughter
21 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Empty V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N finally here - What are you doing this summer?

Post by Posidonsdaughter Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Well the title tells it all, going places or sitting bored at home waiting for school to begin again. Let us know.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Empty Re: V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N finally here - What are you doing this summer?

Post by riczhang Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:49 pm

percyjackson101 wrote:beats me. i've heard that teens -and children at the age of 10- are talented in style because they go to school, see what is a popular trend, and begin to wear the style to blend in. they know what kids like and what they wil buy, because they are.. kids!

That's interesting....

So now that Vacation is upon us is anyone going anywhere exotic over the summer?
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Empty Re: V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N finally here - What are you doing this summer?

Post by AnnoyingOrangefan18 Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:12 pm

No.. I wish... my trips arent until the new school year starts.. =(
AnnoyingOrangefan18
AnnoyingOrangefan18
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 33
Location : In a house, in a room, in North carolina.. and that is all you need to know =D
Humor : Sarcastic and Random as a Hyper Clown.. haha
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:13 pm

AnnoyingOrangefan18 wrote:No.. I wish... my trips arent until the new school year starts.. =(

With your school or with family/friends?
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnoyingOrangefan18 Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:24 pm

Family.. going to see my cousin play football.. =D
AnnoyingOrangefan18
AnnoyingOrangefan18
Mortal
Mortal

Location : In a house, in a room, in North carolina.. and that is all you need to know =D

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:04 pm

AnnoyingOrangefan18 wrote:Family.. going to see my cousin play football.. =D

varsity league?
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:30 pm

what's that?
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:37 pm

tinkerirock wrote:what's that?

University team.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by percabethsprincess Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:05 am

lol, i am 13, turning 14 this year and its a fashion design camp, not a modeling camp. we actually get our own models for our run way show.

its the camp that u have to go to if u want to be a anyone in fashion. there are three camps of this kinds all across the country. one outside of chicago -the one i am going to- one in NY and one in los angeles.

its not just any type of camp, we get 2,000 dollars to make our own line that consites of 6 outfits and 1 gown. alot of the girls or guys who do this get internships with top designer and some even get full scholarships to parsons. one girl last year actually got a full scholarship to a fashion school in london doing this, i hear she is working in an couture fashion house in between classes and is planning to make her own couture line over there once she is done with school.

also once it is over we have to plan our own fashion shows that will take place in chicogo. we always get one celebertiy modle, aka someone who was on the runway at new york or paris fashion week or a victoria secerts modle, the rest of the modles come form the casting calls where run during the camp.

most of the other girls or guys i do this with are 17-19, last year there was a 15 year old, who will be coming back this year -i still talk to her- but besides that i am the youngest, i got in because the admission offices loved my designs :)

its not just a camp, its the one way ticket to your life in fashion. V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

last year was my first year at the camp, this will be my second, and i love it! cant wait till monday!

Last edited by percabethsprincess on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
percabethsprincess
percabethsprincess
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 1144
Humor : sometimes i like to park my car next to a high way road and point a hair dryer at people to see if they slow down...
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnoyingOrangefan18 Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:11 am

Sounds like a lot of fun! good luck to you! =D
AnnoyingOrangefan18
AnnoyingOrangefan18
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:19 am

percabethsprincess wrote:lol, i am 13, turning 14 this year and its a fashion design camp, not a modeling camp. we actually get our own models for our run way show.

its the camp that u have to go to if u want to be a anyone in fashion. there are three camps of this kinds all across the country. one outside of chicago -the one i am going to- one in NY and one in los angeles.

its not just any type of camp, we get 2,000 dollars to make our own line that consites of 6 outfits and 1 gown. alot of the girls or guys who do this get internships with top designer and some even get full scholarships to parsons. one girl last year actually got a full scholarship to a fashion school in london doing this, i hear she is working in an couture fashion house in between classes and is planning to make her own couture line over there once she is done with school.

also once it is over we have to plan our own fashion shows that will take place in chicogo. we always get one celebertiy modle, aka someone who was on the runway at new york or paris fashion week or a victoria secerts modle, the rest of the modles come form the casting calls where run during the camp.

most of the other girls or guys i do this with are 17-19, last year there was a 15 year old, who will be coming back this year -i still talk to her- but besides that i am the youngest, i got in because the admission offices loved my designs Smile

its not just a camp, its the one way ticket to your life in fashion. V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

last year was my first year at the camp, this will be my second, and i love it! cant wait till monday!

OMG that's so amazing, how much did the camp cost? So the camp is kinda like American Culinary Institute......
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by percabethsprincess Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:25 am

AnnoyingOrangefan18 wrote:Sounds like a lot of fun! good luck to you! =D

thanks! V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin i am hoping that going for several years before i can actaully reap the rewards -internships, collages- will get me into everyones head. lol. i have got some really cool idea for this year, i cant tell u about them yet though untill i have it all copy righted V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin lol. one of the guys last year had a blog and showed pics of his stuff on it, and he ended up in a huge copy right mess with some cheap brand annoying brand who wanted to use his ideas... he had to pull a dress form the line up for the fashion show because of the entire mess and make a new one quickly. i flet so bad for him cause it was soo cute!

as for how much it cost, first year i went i had a parital scollarship that cost my mom 1,000, this year its 100 percent free! V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin the normal price for it is 5,000 i think. they normally offer scholarships to those who arn't on the richer side of things. they want it to be all about talent, not about who can afford to be there. i mean if it was only the people who could afford it then it would basically be the camp for the girls and guys that like fashion and have rich familes.
percabethsprincess
percabethsprincess
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : sometimes i like to park my car next to a high way road and point a hair dryer at people to see if they slow down...

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:29 am

percabethsprincess wrote:

thanks! V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin i am hoping that going for several years before i can actaully reap the rewards -internships, collages- will get me into everyones head. lol. i have got some really cool idea for this year, i cant tell u about them yet though untill i have it all copy righted V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin lol. one of the guys last year had a blog and showed pics of his stuff on it, and he ended up in a huge copy right mess with some cheap brand annoying brand who wanted to use his ideas... he had to pull a dress form the line up for the fashion show because of the entire mess and make a new one quickly. i flet so bad for him cause it was soo cute!

as for how much it cost, first year i went i had a parital scollarship that cost my mom 1,000, this year its 100 percent free! V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin the normal price for it is 5,000 i think. they normally offer scholarships to those who arn't on the richer side of things. they want it to be all about talent, not about who can afford to be there. i mean if it was only the people who could afford it then it would basically be the camp for the girls and guys that like fashion and have rich familes.

How many years have you been going to this? And is your ambition to become a fashion designer?
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by percabethsprincess Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:20 am

riczhang wrote:
percabethsprincess wrote:

How many years have you been going to this? And is your ambition to become a fashion designer?

last year was my first year at the camp, but i have been designing stuff for 3 years now. i started out making little headbands and then it just kinda turned into an idea for a purse and then a little skirt and next thing i knew i was designing. i really do want to become a fashion designer, but i also want to be realistic that not that many actually make it. i plan on majoring in medican and in fashion during collage, afterwards i will go to med school and try to start my line up if i hadn't already done that during collage or high school. this way i can still afford my shopping addiction, and i wont have to earn my money by coming up with designs for department store brands that will take all the credit for my work.
percabethsprincess
percabethsprincess
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:47 pm

wow that sounds like an awesome life plan 4 u. good luck, and ill buy ur clothes!!
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:14 pm

THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER.

Heaven on earth. Wow did they do a fantastic job on it.
Pendragon and I spent 4 days at Universal and about 80% of our time we spent in WWHP. The atmosphere was so relaxing, despite 95' heat and humidity, long lines, occasional equipment breakdowns, long lines, heat and long lines. You were in Hogsmead. They had the music from the movies playing in the background that just made you want to stay there. Butterbeer is fabulous but pumpkin juice was only so so. Tasted like liquid pumpkin pie and was rather thick. The rides according to Pendragon were ... awesome. I could only go on one due to ride seat restrictions. V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Icon_redface V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Icon_cry The stores and merchandise were so great. We personally put Universal in the black for what they spent building it for what what we spent on merchandise. I got a Crookshanks, Marauder's map mug, gifts for other people, and bought Pendragon a Fawkes, Welsh Green soft dragon (I hope Emrys doesn't shred it to pieces), hatching Norbert, dragons T-shirt, Hogwart's glass mugs, Ravenclaw patch and pin, and Hogswart's stationery. He got Ravenclaw Robes, a Fawkes T-shirt, Ollivander's wand, and a knight in armor. We of course got butterbeer mugs, chocolate frogs, Pumpkin juice bottles, mint frogs, post cards, stamps, and other stuff. We ate 2 meals in the Three Broomsticks, and Butterbeer in the Hogshead. Myrtle was even haunting the ladies bathrooms.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:18 pm

Posidonsdaughter wrote:THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER.

Heaven on earth. Wow did they do a fantastic job on it.
Pendragon and I spent 4 days at Universal and about 80% of our time we spent in WWHP. The atmosphere was so relaxing, despite 95' heat and humidity, long lines, occasional equipment breakdowns, long lines, heat and long lines. You were in Hogsmead. They had the music from the movies playing in the background that just made you want to stay there. Butterbeer is fabulous but pumpkin juice was only so so. Tasted like liquid pumpkin pie and was rather thick. The rides according to Pendragon were ... awesome. I could only go on one due to ride seat restrictions. V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Icon_redface V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N  finally here - What are you doing this summer? - Page 4 Icon_cry The stores and merchandise were so great. We personally put Universal in the black for what they spent building it for what what we spent on merchandise. I got a Crookshanks, Marauder's map mug, gifts for other people, and bought Pendragon a Fawkes, Welsh Green soft dragon (I hope Emrys doesn't shred it to pieces), hatching Norbert, dragons T-shirt, Hogwart's glass mugs, Ravenclaw patch and pin, and Hogswart's stationery. He got Ravenclaw Robes, a Fawkes T-shirt, Ollivander's wand, and a knight in armor. We of course got butterbeer mugs, chocolate frogs, Pumpkin juice bottles, mint frogs, post cards, stamps, and other stuff. We ate 2 meals in the Three Broomsticks, and Butterbeer in the Hogshead. Myrtle was even haunting the ladies bathrooms.

Got to convince my parents to take me during either the end of summer of winter break.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:28 pm

I could be going to Italy with a friend but im still not sure and i might go to disney in august
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Male Number of posts : 1473
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemisrocks Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:41 pm

italy?!? lucky!
Artemisrocks
Artemisrocks
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 811
Humor : I love my CRAZY,GORGEOUS, LAME FRIENDS!
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemisrocks Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:44 pm

i really want to go to the wizarding world of harry potter. and Poseidonsdaughter, did you guys go on the harry potter and the forbidden journey ride? its in the hogwarts castle.
Artemisrocks
Artemisrocks
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:57 pm

that sounds awesome! a forbidden journey ride! sa-weet! i want to go there too, especially to that dragon ride and to the wand shop
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:23 pm

yea, and the other cool stuff like going into hogwarts
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Could we order these online?
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:37 pm

maybe, if you use a flat-rate shipping box from the postal service: If it fits, it ships for a low flat rate. I wonder if they have one big enough...
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:33 pm

percyjackson101 wrote:maybe, if you use a flat-rate shipping box from the postal service: If it fits, it ships for a low flat rate. I wonder if they have one big enough...

But I live in Canada

Bak on topic, flying on Wed.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemisrocks Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:41 pm

0we are going to try to drive to colorado in 1 day. that would be like, barely any stops! it takes 18 hours to get there from where i live.

Last edited by Artemisrocks on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Artemisrocks
Artemisrocks
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum