MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

+23
Sweet&Sassy
hoff18
Azteza
Pendragon
omega
rjvg92
NataliaMelodyLevi2
SophiaFoutsitzis
percabethsprincess
Clevarian
PJO-geek
DiaClaireNoel
Neptune95
SonOfArtemis
smoothmoves97
TheSilverHunter
posiden#1god
riczhang
percyjackson101
Palladog
penguinsoldier
tinkerirock
Posidonsdaughter
27 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. - Page 6 Empty THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Okay if you want to read the first two chapters of THE LOST HERO go to The Lost Hero site and in the clue box put NEWHERO. Enjoy the read. If you do not want to know, stop reading this thread.

You have been warned.

GREAT! Let's talk.

Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. - Page 6 Empty Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Shade Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:44 pm

Have you guys thought about Jason being the son of Jupiter the roman version of zeus. I mean Jason uses the roman name for everything like faun instead of satyr.
Anyone agree?
Shade
Shade
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Hades
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Back to top Go down

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. - Page 6 Empty Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by hoff18 Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Interesting. However impossible. First of all they are the same person just differrent names. On page 355 of the Battle of the Labyrinth Poseidon indicates he has "gone by many names but prefers Posiedon." This is referring to his roman name Neptune most likely. So I would assume the same for Zeus. Second of all the series is called THE HEROS OF OLYMPUS.
hoff18
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:13 pm

Wink ive got an interesting idea, seeing as all the characters names are basically ripped out of real greek mythology to give it some extra mythological effect do a little bit of research on jason and the argonaughts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason

"The group of heroes included the Boreads (sons of Boreas, the North Wind) who could fly, Heracles, Philoctetes, Peleus, Telamon, Orpheus, Castor and Pollux, Atalanta, and Euphemus."

now who do we know who can fly Very Happy

o deary me :/ this isnt good:

"consulted an oracle which warned him to beware of a man with one sandal."
and the original jason was a son of poseidon... so erm time travel? cyclic nature of the universe? or another son of poseidon...
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Male Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff18 Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:06 pm

Yes, but the original Perseus was a son of Zeus.
hoff18
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:38 pm

I'm not sure. I suppose it would make some modicum of sense if Jason is a son of Zeus, but I think we would've seen Thalia flying as well, if that were true. Then again, she is afraid of heights, so I dunno.

Last edited by Pendragon on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Hephaestus
Male Number of posts : 754
Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:49 pm

Pendragon wrote:I'm not sure. I suppose it would make some modicum of sense if Jason is a son of Zeus, but I think we would've seen Thalia flying as well, if that were true. Then again, she is afraid of heights, so I dunno.

I'm not really sure on the flying thing as it seems like something that their Godly parent has to assist them on and Zeus doesn't answer prayers very often.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaweedbrain027 Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:53 pm

what if he wasn't a son of zeus, but a son of a wind god? they were mentioned in TLO, and it described the flying scene as "the air was supporting us"
Seaweedbrain027
Seaweedbrain027
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Undetermened
Female Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff18 Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:12 am

Maybe but that doesnt explain his immunity to lightning. There would have to be child of Zeus included in one of the 7 Halfbloods form the profecy, right?
hoff18
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaweedbrain027 Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:42 am

Why? Where do you get that from?
Seaweedbrain027
Seaweedbrain027
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff18 Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:08 am

Well there has already been two major big three demigods Nico and Percy (not counting Thalia she a huntress now) so it would make sense if wew were introduced to a child of Zeus.
hoff18
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Clevarian Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:43 am

In the myth "Jason and the Argonauts" It was the Boreads (sons of Boreas, the North Wind) that could fly, so as I've said before, I think Jason is a son of Boreas. If you think about it, everything is connected. Jason bears the name of the mythical figure, and both lost a shoe. Jason traveled with two men who could fly, the Boreads, and now "our" Jason seems to have the same ability. Son of Boreas, that's my final answer. I think he calls everything by it's roman name because that's what he was exposed to pre-amnesia. Also, I was thinking about the "Mistress" that was mentioned. If Mr. Riordan is including roman mythology in this series, then maybe the mistress is Tempestes, the Roman goddess of Storms.
Clevarian
Clevarian
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Hermes
Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:53 am

I have to say that Clevarian makes some good points in comments thus far.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:55 am

Well the original Perseus was a son of zeus and the original jason was a son of poseidon.. so... perhaps they've just been flipped around.

Jason = son of zeus
Perseus = son of poseidon

though i have to say ricks choice of words makes it rather interesting
"like they were balancing at the top of a geyser"
and the fact they were
"a hundred feet above the river"
. Perhaps im looking too much into the details but that seems to be a lot of references to water and heck in the middle of the grandcanyon there is going to be a lot of water vapour.

Well, im voting for time travel anyway.. why else would Jason have a coin stamped with the name of Julius Ceasar? Which also happens to turn into a solid gold sword - rather than celestial bronze its worth noting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Caesar
"GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR".
as it is spelled in Latin...

Also he fits the role of the
"man with one sandle"
in the prophecy given to his half uncle Pelias... and that prophecy was about the heir who would reclaim his fathers kingdom from the halfbrother of his father who'd overthrown his father and killed off all the heirs that he knew about.
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:01 am

If it was time travel for Jason, won't he have freaked out on the bus?
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by veni-vidi-vici Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:17 am

but hes got absolutely no memories, so it wont be skipping from chariots to motor vehicles. Its just starting everything all over again and adapting to the new situation as it comes.

From the sound of it he has just suddenly appeared on the bus with absolutely no memories and somehow everyone imagines that hes been there for a long time. Sounds like divine intervention to me anyway, who knows perhaps cronus played a small part in it seeing as hes the titan lord of time.

But jason is referred to as a mystical suprise gift so hes just appeared from nowhere with a subconcious knowledge of how to fight extreamly well against even a Godly being, Dylan who bled ichor. I cant really picture it anyother way than time travel, unless hades decided to kick jason out of the underworld and into the modern age
veni-vidi-vici
veni-vidi-vici
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by omega Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:02 am

If she was afriad of heights, then we wouldn't see her at her fullest capability, so she probably could fly is she wanted to.
omega
omega
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Morpheus
Number of posts : 198
Humor : first language: sarcasm
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff18 Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Yes, but even when Percy fought the Minotaur the first time he had a subconsious nack for battle and ended up beating the minotaur even though he was scared and had no real idea what was going on or what he was doing.
hoff18
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaweedbrain027 Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Ok, three things:

1. I think that Jason was son of a Wind God
2. On page 73 in TLO Anna beth and Percy are going through reports for Chiron, and there is one from Gleeson Hedge
3. It describes Leo's features as elfish, just like the kids from the Hermes cabin. So could he be childe of Hermes? that explains the practical joke on Gleeson Hedge
Seaweedbrain027
Seaweedbrain027
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Clevarian Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:34 pm

Just because someone is a mischeivous, do they then have to be a child of Hermes? Hephaestus was very fond of pulling pranks on Aphrodite and Ares....so my money is still on Leo being a son of Hephaestus. Also, after rereading the Demigod Files, I noticed something. In The Sword of Hades, Percy said Persephone's eyes were shifting colors just like her dress. Piper's eyes were changing color, and add to that, she supposedly smelled like cinnamon, so maybe her mother is Persephone.
Clevarian
Clevarian
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by omega Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Could be possible. And I say Leo is a Hermes.
omega
omega
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Morpheus
Number of posts : 198
Humor : first language: sarcasm
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Azteza Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Hello then this is real wierd aye? i guess that if i had to say so then jason-zues leo-hermes piper-hestapheus
Azteza
Azteza
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Kronos
Male Number of posts : 42
Humor : Please Wait To Be Seated (says a sign at a park)
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff18 Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:10 pm

Percy will get a human sibling, there will be a zeus child, and heres an outlier: child of Hera. Let me hear your thoughts. Is this possible seeing as she the goddess of motherhood, marriage and fidelity? What if?
hoff18
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSilverHunter Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Azteza wrote:Hello then this is real wierd aye? i guess that if i had to say so then jason-zues leo-hermes piper-hestapheus
Piper-Hestapheus??
TheSilverHunter
TheSilverHunter
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 208
Humor : WHAAT?! I'm already in Hell...
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Clevarian Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:42 pm

Just wondering, exactly why do you think Piper is a daughter of Hephaestus?
Clevarian
Clevarian
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSilverHunter Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:57 pm

Clevarian wrote:Just wondering, exactly why do you think Piper is a daughter of Hephaestus?

I don't. I'm asking WHY?
TheSilverHunter
TheSilverHunter
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 208
Humor : WHAAT?! I'm already in Hell...
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next