MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

+23
Sweet&Sassy
hoff18
Azteza
Pendragon
omega
rjvg92
NataliaMelodyLevi2
SophiaFoutsitzis
percabethsprincess
Clevarian
PJO-geek
DiaClaireNoel
Neptune95
SonOfArtemis
smoothmoves97
TheSilverHunter
posiden#1god
riczhang
percyjackson101
Palladog
penguinsoldier
tinkerirock
Posidonsdaughter
27 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. - Page 4 Empty THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Okay if you want to read the first two chapters of THE LOST HERO go to The Lost Hero site and in the clue box put NEWHERO. Enjoy the read. If you do not want to know, stop reading this thread.

You have been warned.

GREAT! Let's talk.

Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. - Page 4 Empty Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Palladog Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:10 pm

Clevarian: Your Jason theory seems likely too! I mean, we never saw Thalia fly, so dauthers and sons of Zeus don't necessarily have the ability to fly :O
Palladog
Palladog
Mortal
Mortal

Female Number of posts : 22
Humor : Student
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. - Page 4 Empty Re: THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters.

Post by Clevarian Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Thats what I was thinking, too, plus wasn't Thalia scared of heights?
Clevarian
Clevarian
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Hermes
Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladog Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Yeah, that might be the reason why she never left ground :O
Palladog
Palladog
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:42 pm

percabethsprincess wrote:PJO-geek I actually wasn't thinking he was a bad guy, what I meant was maybe he and percy where doing something secertly together for the gods? maybe jason was the mistress prisoner and percy helped him escape, maybe the mistress is someone we think is a good guy and jason stumbled onto the truth?

Yeah, I kinda jumped to a conclusion. Sorry. THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. - Page 4 Icon_redface What you say does sound like it could be possible though. You never know.
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 749
Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by NataliaMelodyLevi2 Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:43 pm

I thought it was really good. I also wonder who took Percy. I think Annabeth is going to be really, iriatble through out the first part, or at least while Percy is missing. I almost want to say that Percy is the 'lost hero' makes sense...but i also think its too obvious.
NataliaMelodyLevi2
NataliaMelodyLevi2
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Female Number of posts : 118
Humor : Wind....one word. That's all. Wind
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:19 am

Maybe when they say "lost" hero, they mean like they lost their way, and they are bad or something...i think it would be better if it wasnt just hero that was lost. if they lost their memories or something (like Jason did) or they're just lost in life and dont know what to do
DiaClaireNoel
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 642
Humor : "Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?" He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this"- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -"distracting?"
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:11 am

i think when they mean lost hero, its like lost as in not recognized, so its something new. so lost=new. and new hero is like another different type of hero
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladog Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:52 am

I don't think it's too obvious. I mean, it's quote common to find out the meaning of the title in the beginning of the book.
Palladog
Palladog
Mortal
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by NataliaMelodyLevi2 Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Right, but I guess it just seems as though there will have to be more explanation, or a deeper meaning...something.
NataliaMelodyLevi2
NataliaMelodyLevi2
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Female Number of posts : 118
Humor : Wind....one word. That's all. Wind
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by percabethsprincess Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 pm

i have an idea as to why jason says everythings roman name!!

okay i read a interview with rick riodan in wich he said "can't awsner" to if there was other places like camp half-blood.... what about a camp for the kids of the roman gods THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. - Page 4 Icon_exclaim and thats where jason is form THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. - Page 4 Icon_exclaim
percabethsprincess
percabethsprincess
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 1144
Humor : sometimes i like to park my car next to a high way road and point a hair dryer at people to see if they slow down...
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by rjvg92 Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:16 pm

percabethsprincess wrote:i have an idea as to why jason says everythings roman name!!

okay i read a interview with rick riodan in wich he said "can't awsner" to if there was other places like camp half-blood.... what about a camp for the kids of the roman gods THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. - Page 4 Icon_exclaim and thats where jason is form THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. - Page 4 Icon_exclaim

that can't be possible. since the first book, Rick Riordan stated that the Roman gods are only changed names but their manifestation is the same as the Greek gods. in other words, the Roman gods ARE the Greek gods themselves... although not a bad idea! since he said roman names and has no idea about any greek names, i wonder what that was..?

here's my ideas:

1) The Lost Hero title. maybe they're referring to Percy being the "lost hero" since Annabeth is finding him..
2) Piper. it was said that she was beautiful not in a normal way but in a very attractive way, so her mom must be Aphrodite. her father can't be a god since she said that she's Cherokee descent.
3) Jason. i agree to some that he might be a son of Zeus. since he withstand a lightning strike that can kill 20 men. and he can fly. although Thalia can't fly so it makes it a whole lot different..
4) Leo. obviously he's a son of Hephaestus. no need to expand..
5) setting was a year after. i don't know, but i jst had feeling b4 that i forgot and i can't type it here. i'll get back on that..
6) Gleeson Hedge. he's actually a protector. if u read the Last Olympian, when Percy was reading reports while he was with Annabeth on cabin inspection, he read a report that a satyr was at canada and the name of that satyr was Gleeson Hedge. now i know where i've heard his name b4..
7) the new villain. she has to relate with the Doors of Death and the anemoi.

PLEASE USE THE EDIT BUTTON NEXT TIME INSTEAD OF DOUBLE POSTING

Last edited by rjvg92 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
rjvg92
rjvg92
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Athena
Male Number of posts : 4
Humor : it's better to read than to watch - ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S PERCY
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:55 pm

I agree with you...mostly. I don't think Piper's mom is Aphrodite. I'm thinking either Demeter, Athena (even without the trademark traits), or the one we mentioned earlier....I think it was the goddess of cinnamon? Or something like that, cuz Piper smelled like cinnamon.

The assumption of the 'Mistress' being related to the Doors of Death, that's a good guess.

I do believe that Percy is the 'Lost Hero'. All of Rick's PJO books have had something to do with Percy/main character. He was supposedly the Lightning Thief. He went to the Sea of Monsters. He withstood the Titan's Curse, fought in the Battle of the Labyrinth, and was helped by the Last Olympian. So, Percy being the Lost Hero might be obvious, but it's just how Rick does it.
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Location : Berk. 12 days North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of Freezing to Death, located solemnly on the Meridian of Misery. XD
Humor : The best art is produced at 3 in the morning. (This is very true! I have proof!! XD)

Back to top Go down

Post by omega Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:32 pm

I think Percy is the lost hero, and that Leo is a son of Hermes because of his features, Jason is a son of Zeus, and Piper is a daughter of Iris (her eyes were said to change colour...)
omega
omega
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Morpheus
Number of posts : 198
Humor : first language: sarcasm
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Neptune95 Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Jason could be a son of Zeus that would explain surviveing the Lightning, but he wasint flying, he said the Air was supporting him, and it was the Wind that shoot him up, Flying is difrint you dont need the Wind to support you, and i think i remember that Thalia could control Lightning and the Wind............i think. Leo is defintly Hephaestus's Kid, Piper could be the Daughter of Iris that would explain her eyes changing color, or Demeter that would explain how she smelled like Cinnamon!! The Mistress could be Hera, that would explain alot if Jason WAS the son of Zeus, because you know how much Hera hates Zeus's children that arnt hers!
Neptune95
Neptune95
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Undetermened
Male Number of posts : 42
Humor : If you where a Child of Zeus and Hera, wouldint that make you Royalty......poor, poor, Ares and Hephaestus?! :(
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:57 pm

I agree with Neptune95.
AHH! I just want to read the book and quit asking questions!!!
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:37 pm

Really! All this is driving me nuts!!
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Hephaestus
Male Number of posts : 754
Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by omega Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:33 am

Maybe Jason could be a son of Aether, god of atmosphere. Or Zephyr, god of west wind.
omega
omega
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by PJO-geek Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:06 am

smoothmoves97 wrote:I agree with Neptune95.
AHH! I just want to read the book and quit asking questions!!!

Don't we all... *sigh*

That could be true Omega. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. THE LOST HERO - Spoiler Alert - Discussion of the first two chapters. - Page 4 Icon_sad
PJO-geek
PJO-geek
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:21 am

omega wrote:Maybe Jason could be a son of Aether, god of atmosphere. Or Zephyr, god of west wind.

That is interesting, but how would you explain the lightning???
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Azteza Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:55 pm

OIS I AGREE!!!! with all of u though it says that there is 7 kids when we gunna find the othr 4?!?!
Azteza
Azteza
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Kronos
Male Number of posts : 42
Humor : Please Wait To Be Seated (says a sign at a park)
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:59 pm

Azteza wrote:OIS I AGREE!!!! with all of u though it says that there is 7 kids when we gunna find the othr 4?!?!

They could possibly be already at camp or carry-on characters from PJO.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by omega Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Maybe they'll be shown in later books, but you know all the double entendres, it could mean something else. The lightning? Well, Clarisse has the gift of Ares when she fought in TLO, so Jason may have a gift bestowed by Zeus.
omega
omega
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff18 Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Has anyone ever thought of the possiblity that Percy is still the narrator? This is only speculation of course, but there are some similarities in the way that Percy describes things and the narrator of TLH describes things. I can also say that i've watched a youtube interview of Rick in which he stresses the importance of Percy in the series.

I'd disagree, my first thouts of Jason were to be a child of Zeus.

Last edited by hoff18 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
hoff18
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by omega Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:57 pm

That's because he's probably the lost hero. If so, why haven't we cut into Percy's POV yet? Besides, he says Percy & co. aren't main characters.
omega
omega
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff18 Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:12 pm

I did not say they were the main characters, but realistically, all of the fans will be dissapointed if Percy was not used enough in the new series. The reason he has not used "I" being that he is not presently with Jason but has yet to be introduced so hes holding out. I read on Ricks website that, "Percy will keep us informed of his latest adventures." But Maybe you are right.
I wouldn't think too into the "lost hero" thing just yet. Think back to the scene in TLO where percy encounter Kronos on the bridge, Micheal Yew is there on instant and gone the next? Thats just food for thought i'd agree with you that percy is most definately missing.
hoff18
hoff18
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next