MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc.

+10
Pendragon
TheSilverHunter
Posidonsdaughter
posiden#1god
DiaClaireNoel
Seaweedbrain027
percyjackson101
riczhang
penguinsoldier
tinkerirock
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. - Page 2 Empty Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc.

Post by tinkerirock Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

ok post ur ideas for the SOM movie.

director--chris colombus or another??
cast--what do you think the cast should be?
producer--do you think they need a new one?
film/screenwriter- is the current one okay?

post your ideas here!!!
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc.

Post by Pendragon Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:59 pm

tinkerirock wrote:yea same, and she's older and English, while the story is filmed in US. I think that the main cast should be the same, but they should include Clairesse. I'm thinking the bully from Bridge to Teribithia. And Kronos backs up Luke

Yeah, that would be a PERFECT choice for Clarisse. In fact, that's who I pictured Clarisse as when I first read The Lightning Thief 3 years ago! Weird.
Pendragon
Pendragon
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Hephaestus
Male Number of posts : 754
Humor : Do not meddle with the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc.

Post by posiden#1god Sat May 01, 2010 9:40 pm

o that would be a perfect chioce i could really see her playing that part wat about Emma watson
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 1473
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun May 02, 2010 12:49 am

for clairesse? she looks too nice.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by marcos522 Wed May 26, 2010 2:51 am

There isn't going to BE a second movie!!!

number #1) In the book Percy, Annabeth, and Grover (well not grover) were 12 and in the movie Percy could DRIVE, and the girl who played Annabeth is in her 20's!!. That ruins making more movies, beacause in the first book he's 12, the second 13, third 14 (you get the picture). And finally in the last and final book he's 16 and the big prohecie unfolds. This is just my thought, but i think they should've stuck with the book, the storyline is more realistic.

Number #2) They didn't mention: Thalia's tree, Or KRONOS, he's the main villan in the series!! And i don't personaly think there's going to be another movie, because in SOM Grover get's trapt in the Cyclops cave bacaus he was looking for pan. In the movie, they didn't even mention that!

Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. - Page 2 Lol Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. - Page 2 Affraid I want a remake!!!! Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. - Page 2 Affraid Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. - Page 2 Lol Who's with me!?! Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. - Page 2 Icon_cool
marcos522
marcos522
Mortal
Mortal

Male Number of posts : 66
Humor : Puerto Rico is Apollos's island.
Registration date : 2010-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Wed May 26, 2010 4:08 am

Not me, I really liked the movie, better than the book.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Wed May 26, 2010 5:05 pm

[quote]
marcos522 wrote:There isn't going to BE a second movie!!!

number #1) In the book Percy, Annabeth, and Grover (well not grover) were 12 and in the movie Percy could DRIVE, and the girl who played Annabeth is in her 20's!!. That ruins making more movies, beacause in the first book he's 12, the second 13, third 14 (you get the picture). And finally in the last and final book he's 16 and the big prohecie unfolds. This is just my thought, but i think they should've stuck with the book, the storyline is more realistic.

Number #2) They didn't mention: Thalia's tree, Or KRONOS, he's the main villan in the series!! And i don't personaly think there's going to be another movie, because in SOM Grover get's trapt in the Cyclops cave bacaus he was looking for pan. In the movie, they didn't even mention that!
Just because they haven't announced a sequel does not mean that there will not be one. The production cost was $95 million and Lightning Thief Movie brought in $89 million domestically and combined with international gross has made over $240 million. That is before DVD sales so there is a very good chance that they still will decide to make it.

Plus for all they left out they can catch that up very eassily in the second movie.

PLEASE GO BACK TO PAGE 2 OF THIS THREAD AND READ MY IDEA FOR 2ND MOVIE SYNOPSIS.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Wed May 26, 2010 5:52 pm

But in the book the storyline is more tight and realistic, and in the movie there were a lot of plot holes. Plus the actors were too old, although Chris Columbus had an excuse for that. The whole thing with Ares and Kronos and Hades' Helm was gone too, and that was a main feature of the book.

But not to get too off topic.
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Wed May 26, 2010 9:39 pm

yea there were a lot of things that made the story into like an action movie, not a fiction-myth one. i hope that SOM turns out better, and they stick to the book more.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Wed May 26, 2010 11:30 pm

tinkerirock wrote:yea there were a lot of things that made the story into like an action movie, not a fiction-myth one. i hope that SOM turns out better, and they stick to the book more.

But, action movies are money-spinners so that's probably one of the reason why it was turned into that.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sat May 29, 2010 3:28 pm

I agree with posidonsdaughter about how easy it would be to catch up and i really want to see the endding in TLO
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat May 29, 2010 5:18 pm

posiden#1god wrote:I agree with posidonsdaughter about how easy it would be to catch up and i really want to see the endding in TLO

I suppose they could combine 2 books in one. and make 5 books into 3 or 4 movies
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sat May 29, 2010 5:19 pm

ya mabey i hope so tha t would be cool
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Sat May 29, 2010 8:28 pm

No if they do a book it should be one a book other wise they will destroy Rick's stories will be destroyed worse than they did in Lightning Thief.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun May 30, 2010 1:06 am

Posidonsdaughter wrote:No if they do a book it should be one a book other wise they will destroy Rick's stories will be destroyed worse than they did in Lightning Thief.

Well Chris is creative so I suppose by doing that he could start on blank canvas and try to make the best out of it, opposed to adding on to what has been viewed as a fail by most fans.(TLT Movie is what I'm referring to, though I might be stating the obvious)
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun May 30, 2010 1:23 am

I think that pumkins are round.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sun May 30, 2010 1:24 am

But then it will end up like the last two harry potter to come which is one book
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun May 30, 2010 2:38 pm

true,,though it would be exciting to see the last book into two movies, which means they have to keep everything in it.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sun May 30, 2010 2:44 pm

well not true if it's so long they had to make it in to two movies they will probably leave parts out
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun May 30, 2010 2:55 pm

yea, possibly. i just hope they make SOM better than TLT. I love TLT, its just that they didn't keep it the book's storyline.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sun May 30, 2010 8:14 pm

There is a saying if you want something done rright do it your self so mabey if all of us at mortalnet make a movie and put it on youtube we can get chris to see it and show him what the fans want.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun May 30, 2010 11:06 pm

posiden#1god wrote:There is a saying if you want something done rright do it your self so mabey if all of us at mortalnet make a movie and put it on youtube we can get chris to see it and show him what the fans want.

Sounds like an awfully lot of work.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sun May 30, 2010 11:11 pm

ya but do you want the second one messed up or not
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun May 30, 2010 11:12 pm

posiden#1god wrote:ya but do you want the second one messed up or not

It is a perspective problem: I thought the first one was a good movie, well better or the same as the book, so If they are going to go the same direction with book 2 I wouldn't consider that messed up.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Sun May 30, 2010 11:14 pm

ya but i ment if they completely changed it plus it shows what the fans like
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun May 30, 2010 11:45 pm

posiden#1god wrote:ya but i ment if they completely changed it plus it shows what the fans like

True, Wonder how many fansite would be interested in this.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next