MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc.

+10
Pendragon
TheSilverHunter
Posidonsdaughter
posiden#1god
DiaClaireNoel
Seaweedbrain027
percyjackson101
riczhang
penguinsoldier
tinkerirock
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. - Page 3 Empty Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc.

Post by tinkerirock Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

ok post ur ideas for the SOM movie.

director--chris colombus or another??
cast--what do you think the cast should be?
producer--do you think they need a new one?
film/screenwriter- is the current one okay?

post your ideas here!!!
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc.

Post by posiden#1god Sun May 30, 2010 11:50 pm

i bet the would love it
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Male Number of posts : 1473
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc.

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 1:27 am

posiden#1god wrote:i bet the would love it

The thing is that I don't see many people that are part of sites having that much commitment. I'm sure I, you and the fan sites would, but how many users would though?
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 2:38 am

hum we should talk about on chat
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 2:55 am

I hope that they start on it immediately as not to loose some of the momentum they built on, and put it out mid 2011 instead of what has been rumoured to be 2012-2013.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 3:02 am

Agh i dont like when they wait to long to put out a sequal's like there doing with the 4th spiderman.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 3:07 am

posiden#1god wrote:Agh i dont like when they wait to long to put out a sequal's like there doing with the 4th spiderman.

Well Spiderman was different as 4 is actually a prequel, and 3 was intended as the last one, until they found out that 3 grossed 151 million in weekend one. But I agree, they put it off for 2 years and then all of the gained fan-base will be gone.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 3:09 am

yup way to long to wait
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 3:10 am

posiden#1god wrote:yup way to long to wait

When it comes out only the most patient will still be with it. I suppose if it delays and the gap is 4-5 years then most people I know who read it won't be with it anymore.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 3:15 am

ya they really should but they probably ruined it for you if you forgot everything.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 3:25 am

posiden#1god wrote:ya they really should but they probably ruined it for you if you forgot everything.

yeah, Before I watch the next I'm going to have to re-watch the first movie. I can barely remember what happened in the Movie right now. Luckily it is coming out in DVD soon.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 3:27 am

cool i will buy it.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 3:30 am

I would love it if they did an animated version of PJO like in the same format as How to Train your Dragon.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 3:36 am

Haha that would wierd and funny.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Mon May 31, 2010 12:45 pm

It would actually be better if they had done a CGI, because then they wouldn't have to worry about the actors looking/getting too old, because the actors would never be seen!! They could better follow the age of the characters, because the production would all be in a convenient studio. And they could also follow the appearances described in the book better, as well.
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 2:52 pm

smoothmoves97 wrote:It would actually be better if they had done a CGI, because then they wouldn't have to worry about the actors looking/getting too old, because the actors would never be seen!! They could better follow the age of the characters, because the production would all be in a convenient studio. And they could also follow the appearances described in the book better, as well.

Yeah, and I really like Animation movies because they can do so much more with it. They can do any types of effects and not worry about costs of inability to do them, as everything is possible on the computer.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 3:16 pm

Percy going through walls or going through time. I know they never talked about that in the book but they could do that if they want to.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 11:15 pm

posiden#1god wrote:Percy going through walls or going through time. I know they never talked about that in the book but they could do that if they want to.

Well time travel probably isn't even possible in the book, as Kronos uses up huge amounts of energy just to stop time, imagining turning it backwards.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:49 am

that's a nightmare...

i agree with riczhang and smoothmoves97 on the animation thing. They could put as much as special effects in there, and still save money. But, to be honest, if they did do the PJO movies in animation, i don't think it would cature as much as attention like it would if there were real actors.Also, it wouldn't attracts alot of attention for teens and adults who never heard of the series before, because most people think animation is kind of childish (but i don't think so. i like animation sometimes more than real people acting)
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:05 am

Animation isn't just for kids anymore. Look at the TV shows. South Park? Family Guy? The Simpsons? And the movies. Up is one example. (It deals with death.)
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:46 am

What's wrong with the simpsons? (simpson is my middle name.)

Animation would be fun and cool.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:45 am

smoothmoves97 wrote:Animation isn't just for kids anymore. Look at the TV shows. South Park? Family Guy? The Simpsons? And the movies. Up is one example. (It deals with death.)

You mean Resident Evil?

Back-on topic: Well, the problem is that animation still is very much for younger people on the big screen, on the silver screen it is a different story.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:23 am

I would like it if they made the movie like we were looking through there eye's and seeing everything they see because that would be cool but i have seen movies like that before and there not always good so im not really sure.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:45 pm

I think if they make SOM they should definitely get a new screenwriter.
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by percabethsprincess Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:52 pm

smoothmoves97 wrote:I think if they make SOM they should definitely get a new screenwriter.

AGREED! though even then we might still have problems... i am hearing about a blonde indie actress for thalia! if thats so i will follow them casting director with a bull horn screaming at him untill he changes it.
percabethsprincess
percabethsprincess
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 1144
Humor : sometimes i like to park my car next to a high way road and point a hair dryer at people to see if they slow down...
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Hmmm. A blonde Thalia and a brunette Annabeth.
Chris Columbus said that Alexandra Daddario (Annabeth) was the only actress he could find that wasn't too skinny for the role of Annabeth. -quote- "The actresses in Hollywood don't even look like they could lift a spoon, and I needed someone who could lift a sword." -unquote-
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next