MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc.

+10
Pendragon
TheSilverHunter
Posidonsdaughter
posiden#1god
DiaClaireNoel
Seaweedbrain027
percyjackson101
riczhang
penguinsoldier
tinkerirock
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. Empty Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc.

Post by tinkerirock Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:31 pm

ok post ur ideas for the SOM movie.

director--chris colombus or another??
cast--what do you think the cast should be?
producer--do you think they need a new one?
film/screenwriter- is the current one okay?

post your ideas here!!!
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. Empty Re: Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc.

Post by penguinsoldier Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:57 pm

Ellen Paige for Thalia. Anyone agree?
penguinsoldier
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Iris
Male Number of posts : 256
Humor : Anyone got any fish?
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc. Empty Re: Sea of Monsters movie--cast, producer, etc.

Post by riczhang Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:59 pm

penguinsoldier wrote:Ellen Paige for Thalia. Anyone agree?

Absolutely not, she's so girly, Thalia well is more of a violent person, definately not.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinsoldier Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm

But shes not girly. Shes really tom-boyish.
penguinsoldier
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:01 pm

penguinsoldier wrote:But shes not girly. Shes really tom-boyish.

Still not convinced
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:11 pm

i guess she could be thaila, if she could fit into it and like make over
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by percyjackson101 Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:19 pm

tinkerirock wrote:i guess she could be thaila, if she could fit into it and like make over

yeah, with dark eye-liner and punk/goth/rock clothes.
percyjackson101
percyjackson101
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaweedbrain027 Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:48 am

Natalia Tena would be good as Thalia. She's the person that played Nymphadora Tonks in Harry Potter 5. But I guess she's a little old for the part, since Thalia is a teenager
Seaweedbrain027
Seaweedbrain027
Mortal
Mortal

Imortal Parent : Undetermened
Female Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:29 am

Seaweedbrain027 wrote:Natalia Tena would be good as Thalia. She's the person that played Nymphadora Tonks in Harry Potter 5. But I guess she's a little old for the part, since Thalia is a teenager

I can't see that either, cause the way she looked in OOTP she was way too girly still.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:41 pm

yea same, and she's older and English, while the story is filmed in US. I think that the main cast should be the same, but they should include Clairesse. I'm thinking the bully from Bridge to Teribithia. And Kronos backs up Luke
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:19 pm

tinkerirock wrote:yea same, and she's older and English, while the story is filmed in US. I think that the main cast should be the same, but they should include Clairesse. I'm thinking the bully from Bridge to Teribithia. And Kronos backs up Luke

I could see that, that would fit her.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DiaClaireNoel Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:35 pm

okay, i know Charlie doesnt really come along until book 5, but i think Taylor Lautner should be Charlie... lol, i love taylor lautner and i love charlie... perfect Smile
DiaClaireNoel
DiaClaireNoel
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 642
Humor : "Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?" He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this"- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -"distracting?"
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:44 pm

DiaClaireNoel wrote:okay, i know Charlie doesnt really come along until book 5, but i think Taylor Lautner should be Charlie... lol, i love taylor lautner and i love charlie... perfect Smile

I don't think so, cause Taylor is too tall cause I imagined Charlie as someone short.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:57 am

ya charlie is not that tall to mee but it probably wont matter anyway because the people in hollywood would just mess it up anyway!
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Male Number of posts : 1473
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:06 am

I wrote this a while ago but it still seems appropriate here.

How can they not bring Clarisse into the story? Besides Luke she is the main antagonist in Percy's life? They won't have Clarisse and Percy setting out separately because it will take too much time. There probably will be animosity between Percy and Clarisse, but not based on Percy and Ares tension. Hopefully, they'll introduce us to Thalia as the tree, being sick and dying, hence the need for the golden fleece, as well as the Oracle for prophecy purposes. Then clarrify that Luke was working under the influence of Kronos, who enabled his rescue from the Hudson River. I doubt we will see Luke's ship at the beginning of the movie, except mentioned in passing for story purposes. For Greek Myth sake they better keep Circe's Island and The Sirens. The Trio plus Clarisse will get to Polyphemus's Island and for comedy sake have Clarisse and Grover caught by Polyphemus. He will decide to marry Clarisse because her spunk, and have Grover for the wedding feast. This will lead to Percy and Annabeth saving them. Tyson (he is my favorite character) hopefully will meet Percy, travel to the camp, and save Percy from the Colchis Bulls. Please let him will not be axed and be with the team to get the golden fleece. We will hopefully get to see Rainbow the Hippocampus. Then as in the booki Clarisse will take her flight, they'll have a confrontation with Luke aboard his ship, we will get a peak at Kronos' coffin, and Blackjack and Chiron will join the group; getting the friends off the ship and back to camp.

Now, what they probably won't have in the movie. WE won't see Grover setting off to search for Pan, the Alistrygonian Giants, the Gray Sisters, the Stymphalian Birds and chariots, or the whole mortal passengers and confrontation on Luke's ship. They can really do the camp without Dionysis or Tantalus's sarcastic wit. We most likely not to see Hermes or the snakes.

So what do you think? What we really need is to have Chris Columbus hear our voices and do a better job with SOM and by all means get rid of Craig Titley. Maybe get rid of Columbus too.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:10 am

you know what i think your right we need to be herd and i think we she keep sending chriss email until he starts listening. who agrees with me?
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinsoldier Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:07 am

You know I thing sending Chris emails probably won't work. He probably has a special spam folder for all emails from people not on his contact list...

Anyway, on to the casting, I have a sneaking suspicion they won't have Tyson. I'm sorry, but I can't see how he is integral enough to the story to keep im in the film. Clarisse might not make it either, because the film may just be about a stright-forward quest by Percy and co., and the would be no need for two separate journeys. Thalia features heavily in the future books, so I think she will be there, but perhaps not in the form of a tree...

I agree with getting rid of Chris Columbus. After being so excited about the film all he gave me was disappointment. The Harry Potter films are now much better because he's not directing them. I want someone who can tell the whole story and still make it a fun, exciting film...

Imagine if Peter Jackson was directing...............wow....

What about Emily Browning as Thalia?
Jamie Bell as Tyson?
Sir Ian Mckellen as Tantalus?
I don't think Taylor Launer can be Charlie because isn't Charlie African-American?
penguinsoldier
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:17 pm

lol- true about taylor lautner.
and yes, about chirs columbus because i just expected more out of him, but the movie wasn't all that bad. i think that they should stick to the story in SOM. and the casting for SOM, i think they arent' going to keep in tyson, but it would be nice if they mentioned Clairesse, but just not her in a different journey.

*and how i think the first movie came out, they're ganna make SOM look like Pirates of the Caribbean or something.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSilverHunter Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:16 pm

thinking of TC, Taylor as Hercules!!!
It's perfect with me as Zoe! Wink
TheSilverHunter
TheSilverHunter
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 208
Humor : WHAAT?! I'm already in Hell...
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:47 pm

TheSilverHunter wrote:thinking of TC, Taylor as Hercules!!!
It's perfect with me as Zoe! Wink

YOu know the Person in your DP would make a good Zoe if she toned down the smile.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:36 pm

*cough*

i think that they will put thaila coming in to camp half-blood, not turning into a tree, and involve her into the quest.
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSilverHunter Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:30 pm

Liv Tyler is like in her 20's
TheSilverHunter
TheSilverHunter
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 208
Humor : WHAAT?! I'm already in Hell...
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinsoldier Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:34 pm

Liv Tyler is 32 (on wikipedia).
penguinsoldier
penguinsoldier
Undetermined Demigod
Undetermined Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:20 pm

(wikipedia is not a good sorce of information)

Live tyler, dont think she could seem young enough to be thalia and in the book she never really grew up
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:18 pm

This is a thread about the Sea of Monster's Movie, NOT about the Hunter's of Artemis. If you want to talk about them you should go to the Hunter's of Artemis thread under the other category of Books. Hunters of Artemis

Last edited by riczhang on Wed May 26, 2010 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next