MortalNet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Red Pyramid - your views and thoughts - SPOILER ALERT!

+8
smoothmoves97
Ra_Lord of the Ennead
riczhang
Cennedy125
posiden#1god
Elliot
tinkerirock
Posidonsdaughter
12 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Red Pyramid - your views and thoughts - SPOILER ALERT! - Page 5 Empty The Red Pyramid - your views and thoughts - SPOILER ALERT!

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

THIS IS WHERE WE CAN TALK ABOUT THE NEW BOOK.

SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU READ THIS SITE YOU MAY LEARN DETAILS ABOUT THE BOOK THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO UNTIL YOU READ THE BOOK.

ALL POSTERS If you talk about the book contents AT ALL, start your post with a SPOILER ALERT!!!

Last edited by Posidonsdaughter on Thu May 06, 2010 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Posidon
Female Number of posts : 2231
Location : In warm waters whereever they be. Otherwise NY State
Humor : Why be normal - BE EXCEPTIONAL
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

The Red Pyramid - your views and thoughts - SPOILER ALERT! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Red Pyramid - your views and thoughts - SPOILER ALERT!

Post by posiden#1god Sun May 30, 2010 8:22 pm

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like PJO better
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Male Number of posts : 1473
Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

The Red Pyramid - your views and thoughts - SPOILER ALERT! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Red Pyramid - your views and thoughts - SPOILER ALERT!

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 2:29 am

posiden#1god wrote:NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like PJO better

I can believe it either, PJO was beat by some series U haven't even heard about, some series called: Vampire Academy. Though it might just because I have an aversion to any book that centers around Vampires.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Imortal Parent : Zeus
Male Number of posts : 3996
Humor : Don't upset the All Seeing eye...
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 2:40 am

I dont like those book who cares whats the big deal you like blood and hate the sun i so want to be one not.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Location : Massachusetts or is it? Really I dont know where I am right now, some one help
Humor : When i went on a road trip with my brothers and my brother waking up in the car wondering why he was in Rhode Island

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 2:52 am

posiden#1god wrote:I dont like those book who cares whats the big deal you like blood and hate the sun i so want to be one not.

Back on topic about the book, there was an unconfirmed bit on Wikipedia(can't be always trusted) a few days ago that Rick might change the story up and bring in whole new Villians besides Apep, and Set.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 2:56 am

hum that would be wierd
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 2:59 am

posiden#1god wrote:hum that would be wierd

Well I thought that it would be a good twist.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 3:03 am

i didnt say it was a bad thing it is wierd in a good way.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 3:11 am

posiden#1god wrote:i didnt say it was a bad thing it is wierd in a good way.

I know what you meant, and I agree it would be slightly awkward but I thought that it if done right could contribute very positively to the books.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 3:17 am

ya i think that would be pretty cool.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 3:29 am

posiden#1god wrote:ya i think that would be pretty cool.

I wonder what Villian he could do next? In most Egyptian myth based things I've read and watched Anubis is sometimes also a villian. Could be him.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 3:35 am

i could see death doing that
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 3:38 am

I suppose he is twisted by always being in Osiris's Shadow.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 3:41 am

ya that would work out well i want them to do that.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerirock Mon May 31, 2010 4:00 pm

i think that i would've been nice if rick sorta twisted the PJO and TRP together, like crossed them over a bit. it would've been interesting
tinkerirock
tinkerirock
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Aphrodite
Female Number of posts : 2026
Humor : Some people hate dogs. Other people hate cats. Me: I just hate people, period.
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 5:48 pm

Ya he kind of did when he said, (Warning) that thats Manhaten there other gods live there we stay away from there, which he said in trp
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by smoothmoves97 Mon May 31, 2010 6:40 pm

Well, PJO was geared toward a younger audience (around 9-12 yrs.) If Rick Riordan had twisted PJO and TRP together, it would have been confusing.
smoothmoves97
smoothmoves97
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Imortal Parent : Artemis
Female Number of posts : 2233
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow (the skies are not blue at this moment in time)
Humor : If you see a turtle without its shell, is it homeless or naked?
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 6:48 pm

ya but also kind of fun for the ones who had read both
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Cennedy125 Mon May 31, 2010 8:00 pm

I just finished reading TRP. I think it is amazing!!
Cennedy125
Cennedy125
Olympian Demigod
Olympian Demigod

Imortal Parent : Athena
Female Number of posts : 874
Humor : You shall not Blast my son to bits!! (yeah, that happens every day)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 8:48 pm

ya it is.
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Mon May 31, 2010 9:10 pm

GUYS LET'S DISCUSS THE THE BOOK!

Where do you think Zia is?
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Mon May 31, 2010 9:39 pm

withs the hunters
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Mon May 31, 2010 11:02 pm

I think that she is like right in front of their eyes, in the regional headquarters of the House of Life in New York. I mean, it doesn't sound likely, but I think that it is the type of twist that Rick would use.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by posiden#1god Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:29 am

That would be cool mabey?
posiden#1god
posiden#1god
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Posidonsdaughter Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:32 pm

wHY AREN'T YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER TRP TOPICS??? i WANT TO DISCUSS!. Sorry didn't realize caps were on.
Posidonsdaughter
Posidonsdaughter
Big Three Demigod
Big Three Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by riczhang Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:01 pm

The Red Pyramid on the NYT bestsellers list has dropped to #2 on week 4 SadSadSad, overtaken by Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer. However PJO has retaken the #1 series spot for its 151st week.
riczhang
riczhang
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next